Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    You can't trade him based on two crappy preseason performances. Sure he's disappointed since being drafted, but he's also playing with a ton of new faces yet again. Give him some time to mesh with the new guys again and if come Xmas time he's still underachieving then look at moving him. I'm one of Bargnani's biggest critics, but I think too many of you are a little too hasty to move him already.

As Axel Rose once said: "All we need is just a little patience"
    everyone in the starting lineup except linas was in our starting lineup with bargs last season aswell sooo theres really no excuse.

although it might be a little soon i still think it is the right choice since i dont see him ever getting better

Comment

• LEGS. NO LEGS IN THE JUMPER. Dude .. these guys have been going two a days, working out harder than they've ever done before in any raptors camp. The jump shot is going to suffer. Once he gets his legs back he'll be fine.

Comment

• Two words: Kevin Garnett. I know he didn't play his usual minutes, but we already know what he can do defensively against Chris Bosh, which is shut him down, consistently. Give him Bargnani and he's gonna have a field day... Combine that with the fact that AB's shot just wasn't falling, and say goodbye to any chance of productive game offensively.

Unfortunately, great defensive teams do this to people, even in pre-season.

Comment

• To the bench. When the season starts and he still plays like that, move him to the bench. Have some balls (JT). Practice what you preach about "holding people accountable." Andrea shouldn't be coddled anymore. If that still doesn't do anything then move him out. (Although imo, he should've just been moved out like 2-3 seasons ago).

But for now since it's 2 games into pre-season I won't be riding Bargs too hard. Although it does not paint a pretty picture if you take into consideration how he performed last season without Bosh, and when it mattered. He just hasn't given me any reason to have faith in him at all.

Comment

• The last thing the Raptors should do is trade someone based on two preseason games. Of course, I'm obviously in the "trade Bargnani" camp, and that's because a) you can't win with him as your starting big man because he's below average defensively and on the boards and b) his trade value will never be higher than it has been this summer.

I don't understand how people who have watched him the last four years expect him to be a different player this season. It doesn't work that way. Trading him now will get the best return.
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              I don't understand how people who have watched him the last four years expect him to be a different player this season. It doesn't work that way. Trading him now will get the best return.
              Its because most of his supporters felt that it was Bosh that was holding him back. If anything, I still think Bosh was the best thing for Bargnani. Less pressure on AB. Just my opinion though.

Comment

• He should have been moved a long time ago.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                  The last thing the Raptors should do is trade someone based on two preseason games. Of course, I'm obviously in the "trade Bargnani" camp, and that's because a) you can't win with him as your starting big man because he's below average defensively and on the boards and b) his trade value will never be higher than it has been this summer.

I agree with Tim. Bargs is our best player and should never be traded.

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                    Its because most of his supporters felt that it was Bosh that was holding him back. If anything, I still think Bosh was the best thing for Bargnani. Less pressure on AB. Just my opinion though.
                    agreed i thought bosh's space allowed barnagni to use his quickness to get to the bucket and his range so i dont see why people are expect andrea to all of a sudden now attempt to carry a team, hes just not that type of player.

Comment

• Comment

• You need to keep in mind that Bargnani is a BYC player and his salary can only account for $4.25M in a trade. I think regardless of what happens, he is with the Raptors this year. I have no doubt he will be 'dead man walking' as his excuse and the excuses of others has always been 1) I'm not a true C and 2) RuPaul and I play the same position. If he plays bad this year and playing bad also includes not showing reasonable improvement, you can bet BC won't worry about his ego in letting him go. He has fixed and tried to fix many mistakes along the way. Bargs is best served as a 3rd wheel - not unlike another former Raps player I know. Actually to be fair to RuPaul he would be a pretty good 2nd option on any team.

Comment

• I think that Bargniani is not the type of player that can be a franchise one. He maybe a copy of Dirk Nowitzki, but he will never be a true center, or even a post forward...so if he stays, he must play at 4, otherwise i agree that he should be traded

Comment

• kcharito wrote: View Post
                            so if he stays, he must play at 4
                            Why?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Barganini is worthless. Another soft Euro. I could outrebound him. Fire Colangelo!

Comment

• kcharito wrote: View Post
                                I think that Bargniani is not the type of player that can be a franchise one. He maybe a copy of Dirk Nowitzki, but he will never be a true center, or even a post forward...so if he stays, he must play at 4, otherwise i agree that he should be traded
                                This makes no sense at all.

Comment

Working...
                                X