No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks for the quick reply. I definitely understand what your saying now. It looks like he will be here next year regardless if Bryan's here or not. Can we get better than Carlos Boozer??? Does Chicago even do this trade anymore? I don't see the lakers taking him on but i guess you never know.

This AB situation is just a mess!

I like Rudy Gay BUT this is what many of us were afraid of.....sigh.

I hope the raising of the ticket prices signal the willingness to enter the luxury tax.... If not, we're screwed. This team as is is just not good enough to make much noise UNLESS JV and TRoss make huge jumps in their developement.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
      Sam Mitchell discusses Bargnani:

http://sports.nationalpost.com/2013/...with-bargnani/

As mentioned on the main page, this pretty much confirms what everyone thought....that management did interfere with Mitchell's coaching philosophy. The same probably happened with Triano and Casey.

BCGots2Go was right....our coaches are merely Colangelo's puppets.

Mitch had some great points, however, he gave a better interview several months ago (so this is old news). The only "additional" bit of information he seems to be sharing (that has relevance), is how he states his approach (to management) for Bargnani should've been better.

As to this interview (as well as the previous ones), I think Smitch takes a little too much credit for Bosh & Calderon's current abilities.

If I could reorder the coaching history for Andrea, having Jay first, then Smitch, the outcome would probably have been much different. And better.

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
        Mitch had some great points, however, he gave a better interview several months ago (so this is old news). The only "additional" bit of information he seems to be sharing (that has relevance), is how he states his approach (to management) for Bargnani should've been better.

As to this interview (as well as the previous ones), I think Smitch takes a little too much credit for Bosh & Calderon's current abilities.

If I could reorder the coaching history for Andrea, having Jay first, then Smitch, the outcome would probably have been much different. And better.

Agreed with the last point. Jay was great for building his confidence and getting him minutes to play through mistakes. Mitchell coming in after and holding him accountable would have been a better transition with him maturing on and off the court (age/language/culture change).

Comment

• Letter N wrote: View Post
          The best thing to do with junk is to throw it away, don't swap it for different junk. The money you wasted on the piece of junk is gone, time to move on.

Amnesty is the only smart move.
          Agreed.

Comment

• special1 wrote: View Post
            Thanks for the quick reply. I definitely understand what your saying now. It looks like he will be here next year regardless if Bryan's here or not. Can we get better than Carlos Boozer??? Does Chicago even do this trade anymore? I don't see the lakers taking him on but i guess you never know.

This AB situation is just a mess!
            All the more reason bc should go.
            I like Rudy Gay BUT this is what many of us were afraid of.....sigh.

I hope the raising of the ticket prices signal the willingness to enter the luxury tax.... If not, we're screwed. This team as is is just not good enough to make much noise UNLESS JV and TRoss make huge jumps in their developement.
            All the more reason bc should go.

Comment

• A friend of mine just reminded me of this article. Reading it made me laugh several times, but also reflect on how far Bargnani has fallen. It's pretty sad actually. I've quoted a few excerpts:

Nowitzki, sitting in the bowels of the Thomas & Mack Center, first scoffed at the rush to compare the two: "Every tall, white shooter who comes over is going to be compared to me." But then he made the parallel himself. And he finds himself lacking. Dirk says that at 21, the newcomer is better than he was: "Sky's the limit for him."
              "He's like a junior Dirk," LeBron says after Bargnani's 18-point, seven-rebound effort in a one-point loss to the Cavaliers in their first game after the break. "He's going to be a very, very, very impressive player in this league."
              Teammate Anthony Parker cuts through all the psycho-babble. He says, "He's absolutely fearless. Why? I think he was just born with it." Bargnani himself brushes off talk of his extraordinary self-confidence.
              For years, NBA teams have used the Caliper Profile to evaluate potential draft picks. The Caliper is a personality profile used by numerous corporations and organizations to measure one's capacity to excel in specific situations. Over the past 24 years, Caliper has assessed more than 20,000 athletes, including NBA players from Detroit, San Antonio, Denver and Phoenix. Colangelo has long been sold on the system. When he heard how Bargnani measured up, he nearly dropped the phone.

"They said his upside and potential were off the charts," Colangelo says from the tunnel of the Air Canada Centre as Bargnani drains a three against the Cavaliers. "They said, 'Out of all the athletes we've profiled, we've never seen anything like this.' "

The test showed that Bargnani is virtually oblivious to what others think of him. And his tremendous ability to block out such potentially negative pressures enables him to focus completely on the task at hand. So the expectations and anxieties that come with being the No.1 pick, or the only Italian-born player in the league, or even taking a game-winning shot, don't even register with him.
              http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...pnmag/bargnani
              your pal,
              ebrian

Comment

• You can't help but laugh....

....or cry

Comment

• MAybe Bargnani is pretending to be inept to leave Toronto? and then become the beast he was projected to be.

Comment

• What if? is all we can say. The dude has all the talent he just never put it together with effort and desire, its as simple as that. If he had the same competitiveness and drive as amir johnson we would have been championship contenders in his 2nd or 3rd season.

Comment

• That article made me tear up.
                      Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• Bargnani Signs Extension

http://www.raptorsrepublic.com/2013/...-to-extension/

I never saw this one coming. Wouldn't someone upstairs put the kibosh on this one? If Colangelo had done this a day earlier I would have called it March madness.

Comment

• stretch wrote: View Post

I never saw this one coming. Wouldn't someone upstairs put the kibosh on this one? If Colangelo had done this a day earlier I would have called it March madness.
                          i'm just going to play along until you look at the calendar..

Comment

I really doubt this. Too many things about this make it difficult to believe. First of all his present contract is far from over and an extension is unnecessary. Secondly the amount of the rumoured extension is too much even if his contract was done at the end of the season.

The only thing that makes sense is that they already have a deal in place and the extension is being signed for the team that's acquiring him. That too makes little sense.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                              i'm just going to play along until you look at the calendar..
                              It's a good one!

Comment

It's a good one!
                                lol... he went a little too BIG on it though.. i knew as soon as i read the title.. since i've been caught a few times today already, i'm hyper sensitive now

if he had some fake tweets, with a bit of html code trickery to make it look like actual tweets.. he woulda got me

Comment

Working...
                                X