Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boozers D

white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Defense is a team thing that everyone has to commit to. Bargs' man D has been good for a couple of seasons now, but he just is very rarely engaged in playing team D, filling spaces and helping properly. He also doesn't rebound, which a lot of coaches try to tell guys is the most important part of D, because solid D doesn't matter if you can't get the ball. Boozer definitely rebounds, and he's clearly been committed enough to fit into maybe the best D in the league.
    Remember Casey is a defensive coach, even if thibs couldn't teach him good defense, Boozer has a possibility in fitting into Casey's defensive system regardless and proving everyone wrong on D. Given the age of 31, he still has a good couple years left in the tank in terms of offense and D

Also, Boozer is better than Bargs at D than he ever will be
    Last edited by Reyaz123; Thu Feb 7, 2013, 11:20 PM.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
      Update seems aptors are the ones holding back The deal would include Bargnani + "fan favorite" (shudders) JL3 for Boozer and Nate Robinson....

Chicago seems to be the ones pursuing this deal not Toronto as much. Interesting Maybe Boozer and that rookie guard of theirs would do it.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.c...-boozer-trade/
      well i like that Nate was included..hed be a great backup... im also glad though that the Raps are going to keep there options open on this one...No sense in rushing things... these discusions may up the ante on other teams offers & get the ball rolling for another potential deal

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
        i found that the big problem was the allocation of my attention... like, you know when you go with your friends... there's certain beats to a game... you kind of instinctually know when idle conversation happens and when it doesnt... you know when you're supposed to be paying attention, and when you can start pointing out the hot chick a few rows in front of you is showing ample thong..

she had no effing clue... asking questions on fast breaks.. then during timeouts would be quiet... it was a whole lot of awkward
        Lol I don't think it would work for me. I'd probably get pissed and tell her to F off lol, I get intense during games

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=a28zws9

Boozer/Robinson

for

Bargnani/Lucas

Draft pick included from Chicago and I'm good with it.
          Not going to rain on your parade but why would Chicago give up Robinson and a pick? As boneheaded Robinson is, he's been playing well under Thibs. I can't believe the amount of money coming into this team. We've officially become the NBA's luxury tax overpaid players dumping site. Fortunately for Colangelo, he can spin this to the board how these players will only come to the Raps via trade and would never consider signing here as free agents.

Ad for Boozer's defence, I'd argue it's worse than Bargs! He's got Noah back there to clean things up for him! He has a knack for rebounding though. But still, a lot of money!!!
          “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Oklahoma and San Antonio shakes their heads.
            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• Philly fans boo their team if they play like shit...

Comment

• Only reason I see the Bulls taking JL back, is the fact that he already has the chemistry with most of the Bulls

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  Give us marquis Teague and a first round pick and we'll do it
                  And take Kleiza.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                    Again that is your opinion, those people put their money where their mouth was. I know a season ticket holder that has invested over 300K into the team, and he does not mind booing Andrea, and I think he is far from classless.

You can't have it both ways, if booing is too much of an emotional investment for you, than so must be cheering. It's not like world hunger is getting eliminated before our eyes, why would anyone put so much emotion into a game? The idea that one can only express pleasure is your limited idea of what is proper at the venue.

I think a paying fan can do as they please. Like I said I get weary of people such as yourself who judge others but yet you could not be bothered to be there, much less buy season tickets for 10 years to support this team. There is a reason why fans want Andrea traded, its not because he lacks talent, or is what he is, its because they have seen him play with motivation and without and at this stage feel that a professional should be capable of being motivated for every game.

I don't think life is that simple, judging morality by a booing sports fan is a little whacky IMO. I think you are still a pup.
                    "The idea that one can only express pleasure is your limited idea of what is proper at the venue."
                    You miss the point entirely, and I can't be bothered to explain to someone that judges morality by what Romans did at the Colliseum.

"Like I said I get weary of people such as yourself who judge others but yet you could not be bothered to be there, much less buy season tickets for 10 years to support this team."
                    You assume way too much as fact, little grasshopper, and only make an ass of u in doing so.

"There is a reason why fans want Andrea traded...."
                    My points have nothing to do with people having an opinion of wanting Bargs gone. Again, the point flies over your head. The point is about people acting like fn adults when a player comes back from injury, not like drunken fools who don't know what dignity is.

"I think you are still a pup."
                    LOLOLOLOLOL, I wish, but you keep up your narrative if it helps you.

BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                    LOL, I am not the one getting emotionally distressed by fans booing Andrea.(You remind me of "leave Brittney alone")

Have you even been to other sporting venues in North America? ACC fans classless? Are you kidding me, you still have so much to learn about life.
                    Well, I try to learn something every day. You should try getting your nose out of the air and realize you don't know it all either. Based on your childish attitudes (or is that drunken fool), I'd bet anything that I've been around a LOT longer than you, and experienced more than enough in life to not be shallow enough to get anything out of booing a player coming back from injury, before he even fn plays. And for the record, since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem, anything I've said about this topic is directed specifically at the childish/drunken fools that booed, not "ACC fans" in general.

Comment

• If we throw in Anderson, I'd gladly take back Teague!!! Other than that, this trade isn't going to end well for the Raps. Bargs is still young. Booze is also injury prone. This one scares me.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        If we throw in Anderson, I'd gladly take back Teague!!! Other than that, this trade isn't going to end well for the Raps. Bargs is still young. Booze is also injury prone. This one scares me.
                        Bargs is also still trash

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          Philly fans boo their team if they play like shit...
                          He was off for 2 months from injury, and hadn't played a single possession yet. If he had played, and like shit, fair game if that works for you (child or drunk), but what went down is equivalent to booing when I player gets up from injury. Sheer stupidity, and classless.

Comment

• JordanMariam14 wrote: View Post
                            Why this? Boozer is SO old he's going to lose it in a year or two, especially since he's on the 11th seed in the East.

I say we make a trade for Luke Ridnour and Derrick Williams for Andrea Bargnani, in my opinion that would be a huge steal for us.
                            A steal because it will never happen. Why do people think Minny is just gonna give us Williams for Bargs. Enough already.
                            Deadallus

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                              Oklahoma and San Antonio shakes their heads.
                              +100

They'd be so pissed/dumbfounded at BC helping out another good franchise get better.

Although I'd kind of like to see this trade because Thibs is one of the few people in the world who could get Bargs playing to his potential.
                              "Stop eating your sushi."
                              "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                              "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                              - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                                I'm not the biggest Andrea fan around here but the reaction that AB got tonight was EMBARASSING. You don't boo your own players PERIOD.

It's not his fault that he didn't live up to his 1st overall pick expectation. But he's still a good player. If you want to boo, boo Colangelo or Gherardini.

AB just came from an injury. 1st game back after 2 months and you boo him? guess what, he's the Raps 2nd best player tonight. And i think he's the Raps 2nd best player overall.

Stay classy Raptors fans.
                                Why? Because Raptors fans are retarded.
                                Deadallus

Comment

Working...
                                X