Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comment

• I haven't gone through all 21 pages so this might be said already, but MAN it's too bad Camby doesn't want to accept a Magloire type role on the team. JV could learn some stuff from this guy.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Does Barg write his own English Tweets?

https://twitter.com/intent/user?prof...37050950975490
        Andrea Bargnani @AndreaBargnani
        I am thrilled to become a New York Knick and look forward to becoming a part of their storied franchise!!
        about 4 hours ago Reply Retweet Favorite

I can honestly say that I cannot remember the last time I sued the word "Storied" in a sentence. Barg used it in his above tweet to describe the New York Knicks Organization. Maybe he writes better than he speaks. But if he is not the one writing the Tweets in English, how are we to believe him when he says thank you to the Raps fans for supporting him for the past seven years? )

Just me adding my two cents!

Comment

• Maybe he uses a publicist for the "important" tweets...

Comment

• I think the answer is no.

Comment

• I implore you all to read the Knicks fans comments lol its pretty funny NY knows what he is at least the fan base does anyway lol.

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                I implore you all to read the Knicks fans comments lol its pretty funny NY knows what he is at least the fan base does anyway lol.
                That's messed up, he hasn't even arrived yet and they are already dissing him.

And to OP, if you think the majority of celebrities write those written statements issued by their lawyers or PR people, than you are very naive. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani ‏@AndreaBargnani 5h

I just want to Thank the Toronto organization and my fans for all of their support over the last 7 years!
                  Jalani Morgan ‏@jalanimorgan 3h

@MR_STiXX support??
                  lol

I am thrilled to become a New York Knick and look forward to becoming a part of their storied franchise!!”
                  STFU U AINT SHIT
                  or
                  the only story you'll be adding is a cautionary tale on thinking you can save lazy reclamation projects
                  I see him as complete outcast in that team.
                  Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Poor bastard lol the guy can't catch a break
                    You come at the King, you best not miss.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                      I haven't gone through all 21 pages so this might be said already, but MAN it's too bad Camby doesn't want to accept a Magloire type role on the team. JV could learn some stuff from this guy.
                      I personally think this "Learning from vets stuff is overrated". What can they teach what he does not know? I understand Hakeem or Shaq, Sabonis, but these vets? All they can do is to dedicate couple days for advices, that's pretty much all they can do. Better pay half of his salary for Hakeems one week camp, that's way more useful.
                      Official Pope of the Raptors sponsored by MLSE.

Comment

• Mr.Z wrote: View Post
                        Poor bastard lol the guy can't catch a break
                        Don't you mean "Poor Rich Bastard!" He did get his break when he got that $50 million extension and he didn't do anything better. Some guys have all the luck. At lease he has a drop dead gorgeous girlfriend!

Comment

• Well...you might be right, but either of us are NBA players so we don't really know. Magloire was useful when he was here in spurts and in getting in guy's faces. Camby used to be one of the best defensive players in the league. When you have a guy like that giving you tips and encouraging you everyday that's pretty awesome.
                          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
                            ?..you mean Bosh and T-MAC?
                            Yes. Multitasking. Multimistakes.

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                            More 'expert' analysis of the Bargnani trade, from NY's perspective

LINK: http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/page/...ree-agent-fits
                            Gold:

Haberstroh: Bad fit. Can't defend? Check. Shot-taker, not a shot-maker? Check. Expensive? Check. Poor health record? Check. On second thought, maybe he's actually tailor-made to play for the Knicks.
                            This is essentially what I thought on first hearing the rumblings.

Prediction: Bargnani starts the season on fire, Knicks fans lose their minds because that's how they roll. Then Bargnani comes down to earth and he wishes he was still dealing all those "cool headed" Raptors fans. LOL

Comment

• RandomGuy wrote: View Post
                              I personally think this "Learning from vets stuff is overrated". What can they teach what he does not know? I understand Hakeem or Shaq, Sabonis, but these vets? All they can do is to dedicate couple days for advices, that's pretty much all they can do. Better pay half of his salary for Hakeems one week camp, that's way more useful.
                              Really? In his prime, Camby was averaging 11 rebounds, 3.5 blocks in 33 minutes. He wasn't exactly a scrub just getting by. I'm sure there are some basketball IQ things he could pass on. I feel like having some consistent reinforcement over a full season would be pretty useful. It's not enough to be able to teach somebody something; you need to reinforce it as much as possible to get it to stick.

Comment

• One person's opinion:

Charlie

The New York Knicks seemed to get the best of the Raptors in the Andrei Bargnani trade. The Knicks got a 7-footer who averaged 19.5 a game only two years ago giving them a stretch four who can come off the bench and score some points. The first round pick going to Toronto will be late given the Nuggets right to swap picks. Who do you think got the best of the NYC / Raptors trade and why?

Steve Kyler

Both sides got exactly what they wanted.

Raptors are likely flipping Camby to another team, so they dump Barg’s contract money off on New York and get a draft pick for a guy they wanted gone. We’ll see what they get for Camby, maybe another young piece

http://www.hoopsworld.com/nba-rumors...e-kyler-722013
                                Camby only wants to play for a 'contending' team.

What contenders would want Camby at $4.38M?

First of all, who are the contenders?
                                MIA, IND, CHI, BKN, LAC, SAS, OKC, MEM

MIA:
                                Joel Anthony, 2nd rd pick for Camby
                                Why?
                                Miami gets to drop Anthony's player option for 2014-15 ($3.8M)
                                Toronto gets nothing but the pick which is likely late 50's/60 so don't see it happening

IND:
                                Gerald Green, 2nd rd pick
                                Why?
                                Indiana were looking to ship Green out and save $2.5M next season if they choose to waive Camby. 3rd string C insurance policy.
                                Toronto gets nothing but the pick but likely late 50's so don't see it happening.

Chicago:
                                Hamilton (guaranteed for $1M in '13-14), Teague/2nd rd pick/Murphy
                                Why?
                                Chicago gets 3rd string insurance behind Nazr who just re-upped and Noah. They having been peddling Rip for a long time.
                                Toronto waives Hamilton and saves $3.3M this season plus $1M next and gets a young asset.
                                (Chicago are so cheap though I doubt they ever consider it once they realize they are adding money in the end).

Brooklyn:
                                Teletovic and Plumbee/Taylor
                                Why?
                                Brooklyn gets major assistance in becoming oldest team ever and can take another shot at the Knicks in the ongoing pissing match.
                                Toronto gets another three point shooter (he is essentially Novak) and a young asset.

Clippers:
                                Sure soemthing is there but I don't see it unless it is Camby (or Novak) for Bledsoe and DD for Butler (2 separate deals). Bullock is a guy I'd be interested in too.

Spurs:
                                Not seeing anything.

OKC:
                                Perkins makes too much money to make anything work... well at least for 2 months.

MEM:
                                Bayless? lol

In the end if Camby really wants to play for a contender he'll give up money and Toronto can buy him out.

Comment

Working...
                                X