• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i still cant balev i defended this tool when my friends dissed him ***
    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
      there are 2 things he said I believe 1. he is a power forward, 2. we need coaches that know how to teach team defense, and I will add my own thoughts that I don't think he can play defense period.
      I wonder what JT & PJ think about that?

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
        "With Eddy D sounding like he's bulking up to play center next season I think that trade I mentioned on the trade board involving a certain someone the Pacers were after at the deadline makes a lot of sense."

APOLLO, I cant recall who they were after, which player are you talking about? Are you talking about Mayo?
        Yeah, Mayo but not straight up.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
          He also said "I do things that are more complicated than rebounds and defence" which they edited out of the official videos.
          WhatWhat wrote: View Post
          Trollnani does more complicated things than rebound or play defense.
          They uploaded the whole video to Raptors.com and you guys completely took it out of context. What he was saying is that for defense and rebounding all you need is focus and if he can do more complicated things (like being the #1 option on O) than the rest should come easily but it hasn't because he isn't focusing.
          Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Apr 15, 2011, 04:32 AM.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
            hmm *looks at team record*

ed davis would probably put up decent rebounding numbers, shoot at a higher percentage, and play or at least try to play defense atop of that offensive production. for arguments sake if your trying to say he puts up the same stats then i would see him in the same light as bargnani
            Ed wouldn't let his game decline in other areas for the sake of his offense. Die hard Bargnani supporters seem to think that a player can't score a lot of point while working hard on defense and on the glass. Meanwhile guys are doing it on winning teams all over the league.

raptorsking wrote: View Post
            "What I do on offense is more complicated than rebounding or defense."

- andrea bargnani

LOL
            So he's indirectly stating the obvious then. If he can excel on offense and it's far more complicated then the only thing holding him back in rebounding and defense is his own will to do it. Bargnani, pretty much, is a "young Eddy Curry" dilemma. So much talent, so much size that you're almost too scared to give up on him and yet all he cares about is getting his on offense and never seems to take advantage of his God given gifts anywhere that does not involve getting his. Guys like Eddy Curry and Corey Maggette who only care about getting theirs always end up running out of time. Teams put up with their play when they're young because they feel they can change them. Once it becomes obvious that they're not going to change they arrange a marriage between them and the pine. I really hope Bargnani doesn't go this way. If he does, I hope he's not a Raptor when it happens.

Comment

• Hugmenot wrote: View Post
              As much as I like Mayo's scoring ability, I believe Mayo playing SG with DeRozan at SF would be a bad combination. Neither player is good at defending or rebounding.

Not to mention another short offensive-minded SG, Barbosa, is likely to exercise his player option.
              Mayo is on record as stating that he's been working on his PG skills. The guy has a better handle than anyone on the Raptors right now and he has all the talent in the world to be a great scorer and facilitator on this club. If the Raptors land a real center in the paint helping out Ed and Amir the need for a SF who rebounds well wouldn't be nearly as high. For the record, DeMar's rebounding and defense greatly improved this season. For a guy who's only been out of high school for three years I think he's doing pretty darn good in both areas. DeRozan's game is more suited to the 3 given his handling ability. All he needs to do this summer is pack on some muscle and he'll do fine at the 3. His defensive woes are overstated. He's only 21. Dwayne Wade for example didn't even enter the league until age 23. Neither did Alex English for that matter.

Besides, the Raptors are not guaranteed to be able to get the PG they want this summer. If they can work a deal that lands Mayo and an interior presence then at least they have a guy to help out in initiating the offense. Mayo can make everybody around him better. He was sensational in his first season but the Grizz have become so deep at the guard spots that he's struggled to get the minutes he got as a rookie and he looks out of rhythm. His game fits in perfectly with what the Raptors want to run.

Barbosa doesn't fit in with the future plans. Don't assume he's finishing his contract here. My money is on him being out of town before the next season starts. Also, he and Mayo aren't the same player. Mayo is a real SG(size) with the ability to play PG. Barbosa is a tweener.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                Mayo is on record as stating that he's been working on his PG skills. The guy has a better handle than anyone on the Raptors right now and he has all the talent in the world to be a great scorer and facilitator on this club. If the Raptors land a real center in the paint helping out Ed and Amir the need for a SF who rebounds well wouldn't be nearly as high. For the record, DeMar's rebounding and defense greatly improved this season. For a guy who's only been out of high school for three years I think he's doing pretty darn good in both areas. DeRozan's game is more suited to the 3 given his handling ability. All he needs to do this summer is pack on some muscle and he'll do fine at the 3. His defensive woes are overstated. He's only 21. Dwayne Wade for example didn't even enter the league until age 23. Neither did Alex English for that matter.

Besides, the Raptors are not guaranteed to be able to get the PG they want this summer. If they can work a deal that lands Mayo and an interior presence then at least they have a guy to help out in initiating the offense. Mayo can make everybody around him better. He was sensational in his first season but the Grizz have become so deep at the guard spots that he's struggled to get the minutes he got as a rookie and he looks out of rhythm. His game fits in perfectly with what the Raptors want to run.

Barbosa doesn't fit in with the future plans. Don't assume he's finishing his contract here. My money is on him being out of town before the next season starts. Also, he and Mayo aren't the same player. Mayo is a real SG(size) with the ability to play PG. Barbosa is a tweener.
                Where did you get that, in over 13 more minutes per game this year DeMar grabbed .9 of a rebound more per game, how is that a great improvement? As for his defense, I fail to see this great improvement you claim is on the record as well, maybe we were watching two different players named DeRozan.....not sure.

Don't get me wrong, I like DeMar and feel he will be a solid player for us for years to come, but it just seems funny to me how players abilities, both good and bad get so greatly overstated.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Love/Bargnani would be a good combo. So too would Howard/Bargnani or Noah/Bargnani.

Minnesota is below cap. I'd be happy with their pick and Johnny Flynn or Wesley Johnson. I don't think Rubio will be on the table.

What the Magic have to sell the Raptors don't want.

The Bulls don't have anything too useful to offer for Bargnani and they already have Boozer.

Minnesota make might make more sense than anywhere. Memphis would come second in my opinion. Don't rule out Atlanta either. A shake up is on the horizon there.
                  I was acutally thinking more along the lines of their pick and maybe Pecovic and Tolliver. I don't see them wanting to give up Johnson, maybe Flynn but I'm not a huge fan of his game anyways.

If you look at the players projected #1-5 who have declared for the draft I don't know if they fit with what Minnesota is trying to do or based on the recent acquisitions they have made so maybe they would take a flyer on bargs considering this draft has no potential superstars in it?

Just a thought.

Comment

• Rubio is on the way and Flynn was being shopped at the deadline. They need to get a starter back for Bargnani. Don't they already have enough bench guys who may or may not go one to be anything more than an end of the rotation bench player? If you're dealing a 25 year old seven footer who's posting 21PPG and can do it all on offense, with the physical tools that look promising for defense under a good coach, you need to get something good in return. He's not the guy you trade away to take out a couple fliers on unknowns. That's my opinion anyway.

I think Bargnani is more valuable on the market than most think. I think if he's trade they're getting far better value for him than they got for Bosh.

Comment

• I'm not looking at the stats. I'm telling you he looked far more competent on defense and on the glass this year compared to last year. Stats don't always paint the correct picture.

Comment

Rubio is on the way and Flynn was being shopped at the deadline. They need to get a starter back for Bargnani. Don't they already have enough bench guys who may or may not go one to be anything more than an end of the rotation bench player? If you're dealing a 25 year old seven footer who's posting 21PPG and can do it all on offense, with the physical tools that look promising for defense under a good coach, you need to get something good in return. He's not the guy you trade away to take out a couple fliers on unknowns. That's my opinion anyway.

I think Bargnani is more valuable on the market than most think. I think if he's trade they're getting far better value for him than they got for Bosh.
                        So why trade him? If the issues lie with Toronto, shouldn't we focus on them (ie. Coach).

Comment

• 7-foot tall, 250 lbs Andrea Bargnani rebounding rate: 0.14 rebounds per minute in 35 minutes
                          6'3, 185 lbs Stephen Curry rebounding rate: 0.12 rebounds per minute in 33 minutes

edit: didn't know the abbreviation of "shake my head" was starred out.

Comment

• I really did not see it on the boards, I thought all year he need to hit the glass better. As for defense, he puts in a decent effort, he just does not know how to play the angles yet, that hurts him big time. We need Alvin Williams to get with him to teach him some of the little things.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                              So why trade him? If the issues lie with Toronto, shouldn't we focus on them (ie. Coach).
                              I do agree, but I think moving Bargs to fit the system is much easier than moving the system to fit Bargs. Toronto tried that with Bosh and it didn't work. I think the team needs to build a culture/identity and get players that fit into that. It SEEMS they are TRYING to do that and Bargs does seem like the odd man out. I think in the right situation, he could be a 2-3 scoring option or a very strong, high-minutes bench player, but Toronto isn't that fit for him.

A new thread should be "If/when Bargs is traded, will you boo him when he comes back?"

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                                edit: didn't know the abbreviation of "shake my head" was starred out.
                                for good reason.. there was a overload of it at one point.... from one person... who used it as often as i use periods..

Literally..

Comment

Working...
                                X