No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can we all just agree everyone on this forum is bipolar? When we do well, we praise. When we don't do well, we shit on them.
    Twitter - @thekid_it

Comment

• This would be idea trade http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine for Tor,LA,and BNets

Comment

• I think the boo-ers should have at least let the guy play a bit before resorting to the boos. It wasn't just him that played like crap before he got hurt, the whole team was garbage. He was actually busting his ass out there on D, although he looked a little lost on O.

I'm guessing a few of the boo-ers probably second guessed themselves at the end of the game. and were probably cheering their ass off when he cut through the lane and threw one down.
        Deadallus

Comment

• p00ka wrote: View Post
          "The idea that one can only express pleasure is your limited idea of what is proper at the venue."
          You miss the point entirely, and I can't be bothered to explain to someone that judges morality by what Romans did at the Colliseum.

"Like I said I get weary of people such as yourself who judge others but yet you could not be bothered to be there, much less buy season tickets for 10 years to support this team."
          You assume way too much as fact, little grasshopper, and only make an ass of u in doing so.

"There is a reason why fans want Andrea traded...."
          My points have nothing to do with people having an opinion of wanting Bargs gone. Again, the point flies over your head. The point is about people acting like fn adults when a player comes back from injury, not like drunken fools who don't know what dignity is.

"I think you are still a pup."
          LOLOLOLOLOL, I wish, but you keep up your narrative if it helps you.

Well, I try to learn something every day. You should try getting your nose out of the air and realize you don't know it all either. Based on your childish attitudes (or is that drunken fool), I'd bet anything that I've been around a LOT longer than you, and experienced more than enough in life to not be shallow enough to get anything out of booing a player coming back from injury, before he even fn plays. And for the record, since you seem to have a reading comprehension problem, anything I've said about this topic is directed specifically at the childish/drunken fools that booed, not "ACC fans" in general.

Kid in my experience with life, those that judge others for not being classy are usually the least classy of all.

You obviously are having a "leave Britteny alone moment" I still can't believe you are going on about this. Nothing you will say will keep sports fans from booing or cheering. You can twist your panties in a knot every time it happens but in the end it is your coping skills and maturity that are the issue.

How old are you 12? Getting all disturbed because fans at an arena are booing...
          Last edited by BasketballCrush; Fri Feb 8, 2013, 12:17 AM.

Comment

• KHD wrote: View Post
            For the record, Gasol is older than Boozer.
            Yes I know but he is an expiring contract next year. I would want Gasol for his contract not for his game. Boozer has 2 years left (after this year) at $15.3M and $16.8M. Boozer does not guarantee playoffs, he's just an overpaid PF with a bad contract (worse than Bargnani's). Bargnani can be amnestied, Boozer can't.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
              theres a very thin line that borders Genius & insanity.. im not sure which side this falls under but it could work out very well if the right pieces fall into place..& if not we dump him on some dummy like Kahn! LOL

if we do get Boozer i hope someones at the airport to carry his bags, we dont want him tripping over them again! LOL
              Pinning your hope on being able to flip Boozer is a big risk. Chicago has had a hard time flipping him and would be interested in doing it for Bargnani of all people.. Khan is a dummy but I don't see him taking on Boozer's contract.

It would be easier to flip Gasol (who is injured) because he has an expiring contract next year.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                If the Raptors get a draft pick out of it I am good with it. Bulls likely picking 20 range or if they (edit: they being Raptors and pick is top 12 protected this year, 10 next, 8 '15, and unprotected '16) get Charlotte's pick... that would be even better.

As for this year, Raps should be trying to win as many games as possible. Boozer, despite age/contract/injury history he is still much better than Bargnani. Their injury histories are pretty much on par as well. Deal definitely makes Raps a playoff team next year in my opinion and gives Toronto a low post scoring threat who is also a decent passer.

This also lines Toronto up with a tonne of money coming off the books in 2015 right before extensions are due for JV and Ross.

For Chicago, Bargnani's contract is coming off the books when Mirotic would likely be coming to the NBA who would also be a stretch 4. Looks like Chicago is trying to lay a foundation for the very distant future.
                If you throw in Charlotte's pick then yes that would be interesting, but I doubt Chicago would do that - especially if the net return is Bargnani who has seriously underperformed and is an advanced stat nightmare.

I don't really think Boozer adds too many wins and playoffs next year would still not be a guarantee.

I don't know.. I am still dreaming about Millsap, and if that doesn't work out then Gasol (because of his expiring contract next season).

Comment

• planetmars wrote: View Post
                  Pinning your hope on being able to flip Boozer is a big risk. Chicago has had a hard time flipping him and would be interested in doing it for Bargnani of all people.. Khan is a dummy but I don't see him taking on Boozer's contract.

It would be easier to flip Gasol (who is injured) because he has an expiring contract next year.
                  i wouldnt be pinning my hopes on moving Boozer either.. id be hoping he can score in post, rebound, play some team D.. im not sold on this deal as ive stated before.. i like boozer but i couldnt care less if we traded Primo for anyone else who can contribute to this team, if this is the best deal avail. then go for it.. just make sure to extract as much value as possible

Comment

• I'm not entirely sold on Boozer being a good deal for Bargnani (far from it, actually), but I had a thought about killing two birds with one stone, to take advantage of the CBA's total salary matching rules.

2 trades in 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdourgz

Part 1: Toronto & Chicago
                    TO CHICAGO - Bargnani, Kleiza, Lucas
                    TO TORONTO - Boozer, Teague, 1st round pick

Part 2: Toronto & Minnesota
                    TO MINNESOTA - Anderson, 2014 2nd round pick (could possibly add another 2nd round pick)
                    TO TORONTO - Ridnour

CHICAGO
                    - they apparently initiated talks, so they want Bargnani for Boozer
                    - Lucas is a 'win now' improvement over Teague, and could be cut after the season to save money
                    - even with Kleiza, the deal is roughly even money this year and next, but they save about $5M in 2014-15

MINNESOTA
                    - they get help at the SG position and a 2nd round pick (could be Toronto's or Sacramento's, since Toronto owns both in 2014)
                    - if Anderson walks after the season, they save $4.3M next season

TORONTO
                    - improve 3 positions: starting PF, backup PG and 3rd string PG
                    - dump Kleiza's salary without needing to pay him (as they would via amnesty)
                    - dump Anderson, clearing up the logjam at the wing
                    - lose a 2nd round pick in 2014 (they'd still have one), but gain a 1st round pick

I'm still unsure about trading Bargnani for Boozer, but I could certainly live with a deal like this, which provides additional benefits for the Raptors (Ridnour, Teague and a 1st round pick).
                    Last edited by CalgaryRapsFan; Fri Feb 8, 2013, 12:39 AM.

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                      I'm not entirely sold on Boozer being a good deal for Bargnani (far from it, actually), but I had a thought about killing two birds with one stone, to take advantage of the CBA's total salary matching rules.

2 trades in 1: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=bdourgz

Part 1: Toronto & Chicago
                      TO CHICAGO - Bargnani, Kleiza, Lucas
                      TO TORONTO - Boozer, Teague, 1st round pick

Part 2: Toronto & Minnesota
                      TO MINNESOTA - Anderson, 2014 2nd round pick (could possibly add another 2nd round pick)
                      TO TORONTO - Ridnour

CHICAGO
                      - they apparently initiated talks, so they want Bargnani for Boozer
                      - Lucas is a 'win now' improvement over Teague, and could be cut after the season to save money
                      - even with Kleiza, the deal is roughly even money this year and next, but they save about $5M in 2014-15

MINNESOTA
                      - they get help at the SG position and a 2nd round pick (could be Toronto's or Sacramento's, since Toronto owns both in 2014)
                      - if Anderson walks after the season, they save $4.3M next season

TORONTO
                      - improve 3 positions: starting PF, backup PG and 3rd string PG
                      - dump Kleiza's salary without needing to pay him (as they would via amnesty)
                      - dump Anderson, clearing up the logjam at the wing
                      - lose a 2nd round pick in 2014 (they'd still have one), but gain a 1st round pick

I'm still unsure about trading Bargnani for Boozer, but I could certainly live with a deal like this, which provides additional benefits for the Raptors (Ridnour, Teague and a 1st round pick).
                      While I like this scenario I dont see how Klieza would fit into anything and why Chicago would take that deal Maybe of course suddenly how Chicago approached us, Klieza is hurt has been all season. he wont be helping the team at all he will just be sitting getting paid like he is doing here.

I do love the idea of having Lowry/Ridnour/Teague as a PG line though.

Comment

• DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post
                        maybe some how we could get the Swirsk included in the deal.. Boozer/Hinrich/Swirsk for BArgs/Fields/Devlin... make it happen BC!!
                        yesss. +Linas Kleiza's entire salary

there was a point in time where I looked forward to raptors games only because of swirsk.
                        and even when they blew lead after lead, possession after possession, he was what kept me watching. chi town aint deserve him
                        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Rapstor4Life wrote: View Post
                          While I like this scenario I dont see how Klieza would fit into anything and why Chicago would take that deal Maybe of course suddenly how Chicago approached us, Klieza is hurt has been all season. he wont be helping the team at all he will just be sitting getting paid like he is doing here.

I do love the idea of having Lowry/Ridnour/Teague as a PG line though.
                          My thought about Kleiza is that BC can just insist that Chicago takes him, if they want to complete the Bargnani/Boozer deal. They could simply waive him (or hope he doesn't pickup his player option). It's even money salary-wise for the rest of this year and next season, then Chicago would save about $5M in 2014-15.

The only way the trade could work like that is if Kleiza is included (going to either Chicago or Minnesota), otherwise Toronto would be taking back too much salary.

I also thought that Minnesota would be more likely to bite on an Anderson & 2nd round pick for Ridnour deal, if they didn't have to take on any additonal salary, which they would if it was a straight-up 2-team trade.

Comment

• Ridnour is one of the only assets Wolves have on the table, but they kinda suck offensively especially with no Love (lol) It could be probable they take that deal.

Comment

• Boozer is an instant 15-10. Raptors are 28th in the league in rebounding, Boozer will definitely help the raps in this department.

Financial-wise, I may be wrong, but it seems BC is lining up his contracts to get off the books in 2014 which would probably be the 2nd biggest free agent splash since the James/Bosh/Wade FA class.

Im guessing BC is hoping that by that time his young guns have already found their niche in the NBA and are solid core pieces towards a contending team, and with the cap space, he will be able to sign big name free agents, in the hopes as well that gay, boozer, amir and lowry will sign for less.

Does this make sense?
                              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Fri Feb 8, 2013, 12:56 AM.

Comment

• BasketballCrush wrote: View Post
                                Kid in my experience with life, those that judge others for not being classy are usually the least classy of all.

You obviously are having a "leave Britteny alone moment" I still can't believe you are going on about this. Nothing you will say will keep sports fans from booing or cheering. You can twist your panties in a knot every time it happens but in the end it is your coping skills and maturity that are the issue.

How old are you 12? Getting all disturbed because fans at an arena are booing...
                                Okay, so you're not a kid yourself, it would seem. You're a jack.... I came nowhere near "all disturbed". A topic was posted here inviting discussion on the booing of AB when he stepped on the floor. I gave my opinion that it was a childish (in a bad parenting kind of way), classless way of acting like civilized human beings, period. You think people who buy a ticket have a right to act with the civility of Romans at the Colliseum. I get it. We're at different ends of the spectrum.

BUT, you're funny trying to lay this "disturbed" "judgement" thing on me. Take a look at our exchange, and if you wish to compare notes about where judgements are being pulled out of the air, and out of your ass, I'd be glad to have an objective, adult, less judgemental (not "non", we're both human, lad). You've been babbling more than I, about judging me in ways unrelated to the topic, and of which you have not a fn clue about reality, while continually skirting my rebuttal points, and re-directing the conversation to your simplistic declarations. "Disturbed". FN hilarious. Pompous psycho babble is your internet thing, eh. LOL.

Comment

Working...
                                X