Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    People on this board called Marco an awful defender.
    Really? I never once called Belinelli and awful defender, and in fact said the opposite. I said he was a good defender numerous times. Belinelli's biggest problem was he's completely undisciplined on the offensive end, despite his talents there. Even still, I would rather have kept Belinelli.

And Bargnani may very well be dropping 30+ points on the Raptors next season, but he'll be doing it from a team about as bad as the Raptors are. I don't know why you'd think a good team would want a big who can't play defense.
    Last edited by Tim W.; Wed Apr 20, 2011, 09:02 PM.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      Really? I never once called Belinelli and awful defender, and in fact said the opposite. I said he was a good defender numerous times. Belinelli's biggest problem was he's completely undisciplined on the offensive end, despite his talents there. Even still, I would rather have kept Belinelli.

And Bargnani may very well be dropping 30+ points on the Raptors next season, but he'll be doing it from a team about as bad as the Raptors are. I don't know why you'd think a good team would want a big who can't play defense.
      First of All, I said People, Not Tim and to see that I am right, just look at the posts from last year. The guy was not able to get 5 minutes from Jay and everyone was counting him out because he is Soft European and ... Now, look at him.

As far as AB, this is where you and I disagree. You think AB can not play defense while I acknowledge his weakness in defense, claim that under the right system and with right coaching he will be a descent to good team defender.

Comment

AB deserves better than Toronto and I can not wait to see this team next season. I made a prediction in another thread. With BC and Jay in Charge and AB out of Toronto, This team will not win more than 18 games next season.
        Why the fuck are you on RaptorsRepublic? Go join a Barg fan page and screw off with your "can't wait to see Toronto fail" attitude.

Comment

First of All, I said People, Not Tim and to see that I am right, just look at the posts from last year. The guy was not able to get 5 minutes from Jay and everyone was counting him out because he is Soft European and ... Now, look at him.

As far as AB, this is where you and I disagree. You think AB can not play defense while I acknowledge his weakness in defense, claim that under the right system and with right coaching he will be a descent to good team defender.
          If I saw that Belinelli was actually a decent defender on a poor defensive team, as well as saw that Bosh was an adequate defender on a bad defensive team, and both those guys turned out to be decent and adequate after they left the Raptors, don't you think it's a good indication that I am a pretty good judge of whether or not it's the player and not the system that is the problem?

If Bargnani could become a decent to good team defender, don't you think there would be SOME indication? I saw it with Bosh, despite a lot of people calling him a bad defender with the Raptors. I don't see it with Bargnani. At all. In order to be a good team defender you have to show some half decent IQ in that area, and Bargnani displays an extremely poor IQ in that area. You can't teach that.
          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Bargnani at the 3 spot?

If the lottery gives us the 3rd pick, Derrick Williams and Kyrie Irving will probably be gone when it's our turn to draft. According to different mocks drafts such as nbadraft.net, the Raptors would take Enes Kanter. He's a center. If he's good enough to start in his first season, we'll have a lot of bigs inside. Do you guys think that Andrea Bargnani could slide to the 3 spot? If the answer is yes, I think it could be great, because there is not a lot of possible options on the trade and free agent market. Here is what the core could look:
            C: Kanter/Ajinça/Alabi
            PF: Davis/Johnson
            SF: Bargnani/Johnson/Kleiza
            SG: DeRozan/Barbosa
            PG: Bayless/Calderon

That's not bad and it's pretty realistic! What do you think?

Comment

• I have to disagree, Bargnani is not a 3.

If there are questions as to whether Williams can play the 3 then Bargnani can definitely not play the 3.

He is not athletic enough to keep up with most 3's in the league.

Comment

• OMG! Bargnani at the 3! What a can of worms you just opened up. You should brace yourself for the tsunami of hell nos coming your way.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

• I pondered the idea recently.

We have seen Andrea abused @ Center.
                  We have seen Andrea molested @ PF

I don't think I have the ability to watch him get abused and molested @ SF. Horrified by the idea. He'd look like a human turnstile.
                  “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• He started at SF when Jermaine O'Neal was a Raptor. Didn't work then. What is this obsession with trying to figure out how to make it work with him? He's really not good.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• NO
                      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• If you've ever seen Bargnani try to play defence against Tayshaun Prince, you'll know what a bad idea playing Bargnani at the 3 is.

Comment

• So what, trade him?

Comment

• charlesnba23 wrote: View Post
                            So what, trade him?
                            It might be the best option if the trade is beneficial to both sides.

Bargnani for Thompson/Garcia/2011 2nd round pick/2012 first round pick? In a heartbeat.

Comment

• This might have worked better if they had kept him at the three years ago. As it is he has become way to heavy and slow to guard opposing threes. It's a shame really, if they had cast him as a three initially he might have done well there.
                              "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• There has been enough debate over the years as to whether Bargnani is a 4 or 5... I highly doubt even his biggest supporter would be in favor of the idea of him playing the 3! He just simply isn't athetlic/quick enough to do so at either end of the court.

If the Raptors can somehow find a defensive-minded C that is young & talented enough to become part of the long-term core of the team along with Davis/DeRozan, then I expect to see Bargnani or Amir traded. There wouldn't be enough minutes for all 4 bigs and it would be far more beneficial to use one of them in a trade to acquire a starter that address a need at another position (ie: starting SF).

Comment

Working...
                                X