No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gave up on him at the end of last season. The guy is a liability on the court and his weaknesses bring everyone around him down. It's amazing how he managed to get a contract extension while accomplishing nothing at all, but that pretty much sums up BC's style. The moment those 2 leave this organization is the moment we can look towards a brighter future for the Raptors. I wish Triano had the balls to bench Bargnani's incompetent ass like Smitch did, but that's never happening.

Equally sickening to me is the disregarding of it by his supporters..who are quick to tell you he scroed 24 and did this did that,hit 5 3s,had a nice baseline reverse dunk on Earl Watson (whatever)
    Only thing when i watch him or check stats if i missed this game is his rebound column,only thing i wanna know about him....i dont care about his scoring,we aint going to win cuz he scores 18 a night.....only thing i look for is rebounds and if he dont do it i further consider him a fairy ass irrelevant waste of 7 feet...
    His scoring is completely irrelevant to the team. He racks up his points and then disappears when his scoring is really needed. Anybody that defends him doesn't know s*** about basketball. You're not going to win if your Centre can't do the basics of his position. That's like having a PG who can't distribute/drive.
    Last edited by nubreed000; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 04:00 AM.

Comment

• It's cause Reggie's hogging all the boards. So obvious.

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
        It's cause Reggie's hogging all the boards. So obvious.
        x2. Either way I don't really care as long as he scores, makes good decisions and plays good/decent D. I'd rather he doesn't get 6-10 rebounds and we win the game then the contrary.

He had 6 rebounds an 2 blocks in game 1 but we lost the game, that is overall worse IMO.
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 07:04 AM.

Comment

• At this point, who cares. We won the game. He won't be getting one board every night. We all know he's not a good rebound. So why can't you just enjoy the win! I'd rather have him get 1 rebound and a win, than 15 and a loss.

Comment

LOL .... I was about to say the same thing.

For me and most know, I'm a huge critic of Andrea's. But as long as he's scoring his 20+ points per game, playing some solid defence and blocking shots I could care less about his rebounding numbers. I've come to realize and accept that he's just not good at rebounding. Just like some players are terrible at steals or passing, Andrea is flat out bad at rebounding and its fundamentals.

I've accepted it, now I think some of you should too. It does wonders to one's blood pressure.

Comment

• It's difficult to get rebounds when you play with Reggie. He's in there with Bargs all the time and he's a beast.

However Bargs does need to work on his rebounds. I'm a big Dallas fan as well and 6-7 years ago they said the same things about Dirk. He didn't have a well rounded game and part of the reason was that he was stuck at the 3 point line. even though people may disagree, i think Bargs and Dirk have the same skill set, the big difference is concentration and determination. Dirk is so determined that he has developed a very well rounded game and is a future hall of famer. If Bargs will make a concerted effort to get better then he could reach that point too. As we sit right now, he's not there and has a long way to go. I hope he figures it out. (maybe he needs to go work out with Hakeem Olajuwon in the off season)

Comment

• I read the thread title, all I could think was "oxymoron".

Comment

• Problem is he waits for the ball to fall to him, so he only gets rebounds when the ball is on it's way to him anyways. He doesn't "go out and get it." Thus Bosh/Reggie get the majority of the boards, because they do. This would be a problem against teams with good rebounding bigs who BOTH go after it. The result could be the team being outrebounded by a huge margin. THAT's where it would show how awful he is as a big.

But the thing is, I'd be happy enough if he at least boxes out and prevents his man from getting an offensive board. If all 5 of them do that, then it doesn't matter who gets the board as long as it's a Raptors jersey.

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                  At this point, who cares. We won the game. He won't be getting one board every night. We all know he's not a good rebound. So why can't you just enjoy the win! I'd rather have him get 1 rebound and a win, than 15 and a loss.
                  You're right though, I'd rather he have 0 boards and we win the game, than Reggie numbers and a loss. (Can't we have both a win and numbers? No? sigh...)

Comment

• craig wrote: View Post
                    i read the thread title, all i could think was "oxymoron".
                    +1 rotflmao

Comment

The ball is round and it's fair game once it clanks off the rim. Go get it. No one's hogging anything. You mean to say Reggie wants the boards more than the 7 foot pylon Bargnani.

First it was Bosh "hogging up" the boards, now it's Reggie. Let's stop making excuses for this guy.
                      Last edited by unclesam; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 01:14 PM.

Comment

• Bargnani and Busts

Sorry to get your hopes up boys, but this thread is not about Bargnani's lastest model "friends".
                        There seems to be a lot of discussion about whether Bargnani is a bust or not, and this year has been referred to as some sort of judgement year. I think it may help these discussions to establish what everyone is thinking when they deem a player is a "bust". From what I gather a bust must fail to come close to their high expectations (i.e. - drafted high, high player comparisons, etc.). As well, it seems a true bust needs to have been drafted ahead of someone that becomes worlds better than that person. Some examples (which there seems little debate) are:
                        Ryan Leaf (NFL)
                        Olowokandi
                        Alexander Daigle (NHL)

What are your criteria for a player to be a "bust"?
                        Can Bargnani be considered a bust, even if his stats don't increase (20 and 4)?

Comment

• Bargnani acts like he's doing Toronto fans, followers a favor by letting us to watch him on the basketball court as a Raptor.smh

His lackadaisical play over his career is seriously befuddling for someone with all of his natural born physical abilities. Once again it comes down to playing with heart, hustle & toughness while going after the ball not just getting the rebounds that come straight to you- for the most part. Is Bargnani allergic to floor burns? I can't remember him ever getting on the floor in pusuit of a loose ball or diving into the crowd to save a ball much less bending over to pick up a loose contened ball off of the floor? If Bargnani played with the same determination of a less skilled player like Evans every game then Toronto just might have a potential All Star on its hands if not we will most likely get more of the same Bargnani that we seen in the 1st game against NY- here one minute (1st half 18 pts), gone the next (2nd half 4 pts), and over his career. I still don't know what BC (since he had scouted him for years beforehand) saw in Barg's to take him over Aldridge, Gay & Roy at the time especially since TO had Bosh & Charlie V already on the roster- 1 step in Europeanizing/Globalizing the Rap's?

Btw- 1 rebound against a very porous Cleveland front court that was missing its starting center Varejao is a symptom of concern as time will tell if this is an anomaly or not this season for Barg's.
                          Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 01:55 PM.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                            I still don't know what BC (since he had scouted him for years beforehand) saw in Barg's to take him over Aldridge, Gay & Roy at the time especially since TO had Bosh & Charlie V already on the roster- 1 step in Europeanizing/Globolizing the Rap's?
                            I know this is off topic but ego, or lack of vision had to do with it maybe? I think it's a combination of both actually. I laughed and cried when BC came out over the summer and proclaimed that he TRIED to surround Bosh with talent to win. The issue here is that Bosh was never surrounded with the right talent. 2 perimeter oriented "big" men who aren't good defensive players won't ever win you anything, especially when your back court consists of pylons as well.

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              I know this is off topic but ego, or lack of vision had to do with it maybe? I think it's a combination of both actually. I laughed and cried when BC came out over the summer and proclaimed that he TRIED to surround Bosh with talent to win. The issue here is that Bosh was never surrounded with the right talent. 2 perimeter oriented "big" men who aren't good defensive players won't ever win you anything, especially when your back court consists of pylons as well.
                              Bosh needed to be paired with a top flight pg and/or an all star level wing player not to mention a grind it out in the paint center which Bargnani was far from being at the time. The rosters BC built around Bosh sans last season which was a playoff caliber roster in my mind were seriously talent deficient regardless of BC's 50 win preseason predictions at the time:

2006-07 Roster (BC's 1st Year In TO Atlantic Division Champs 47-35):
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2007.html

2007-08 Roster (41-41 Playoffs):
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2008.html

2008-09 Roster (The Bull Chit Roster That Got Sam Fired smh 33-49 No Playoffs):
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2009.html

2009-10 Roster (Jay's 1st Whole Season Playoff Talent Roster 40-42 No Playoffs):
                              http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/TOR/2010.html

2010-11 Roster (Preseason Predicted Worst Team- BC's Raptor Vision 4 Years Later Sans CB):
                              http://www.nba.com/raptors/roster/

Bosh wasn't the problem for the Raptors' it was BC's via Stern(?) European, Global vision that was and still is the major problem one that now has Bargnani as the current Franchise player no matter what folks may say to the contrary. BC's Raptor vision is bull chit....smh
                              Last edited by SirChillyMost; Sat Oct 30, 2010, 06:44 PM.

Comment

• I agree on your points in defining the word "bust". But I don't believe that Bargnani is a "bust". I think because he was a #1 pick in an 'unknown' and 'relatively weak' draft class (no one named LBJ or anyone to that extent) hyped up, the pressure of being a an overall pick automatically is tagged on you. So if you don't produced at an all-star caliber type deal, you're going to be called a bust. I don't blame, AB7 more or less, but I would blame BC for putting those expectations on him to be a 'franchise player' so-to-speak. But that's another story on lt's on.

Essentially, in my opinion, Bargnani's not NOT a bust. Just a decent player who was thrusted into the #1 pick when he should have been a 20 or lower pick in the 1st round. In anyway, I'm glad we have his talents in Toronto. We just need a complimentary player to help hide AB7's deficiency. Which I think we have in Reggie Evans!
                                #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                                X