Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• teoserio wrote: View Post
    I'm ITA so I don't have bb in my DNA like you guys but I can try to do a comparison with soccer.
    If the entire team improve with their movement ("short team" we use to say) starting by the midfielders that guard the turnovers of the opposite team there are much possibilities to regain ball possession. This will be with time, we are after CB4 era, and the team as to cements his skills. Do you agree? What do you think?

WOW 10 minutes to write this! sorry for the english, hope you will appreciate the same :-). Stay confident, Raps will surprise us
    Don't worry about your english man, we understand just fine. What you should worry about is that creep in your avatar! My apologies if it happens to be you...

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
      I just want to mention that when he PLAYED in the first half, the Raptors were a lot better. They had a nearly 20 point lead with him on the court. He went off for 5 minutes and the lead was down to around 10. Second half he lost momentum like DeRozan but still kept the team in the game. With Bargnani off, the team was clearly worse. Bargnani won't win us championships, but saying Bargs is as irrelevant to winning as a fan, that's just trash. Also, he didn't get abused by Cousins, who isn't just a rookie, but one of the best.. He's next to Griffin in this year's best rookie big men. He is solid, strong, big and smart. And Bargs limited him to 16 and 5. And put him into foul trouble which was key in the game, if Cousins played 35 minutes we would have gotten blown out.
      Btw, the Raptors lost against the Kings, WITH THE ENTIRE TEAM not just Bargnani.
      Favors is better than Cousins. Cousins looks for impressive because he plays like a football player but Favors is better.

Favors is averaging a double double in only 21 mpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4718
      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Nov 2, 2010, 11:57 PM.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Favors is better than Cousins. Cousins looks for impressive because he plays like a football player but Favors is better.

Favors is averaging a double double in only 21 mpg

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/4718
        Yeah, Favors looks like a smarter player too... I don't know, don't really care though, we have Davis and when he comes back healthy he could soon become better than both, I hope.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
          Don't worry about your english man, we understand just fine. What you should worry about is that creep in your avatar! My apologies if it happens to be you...
          The guy in his avatar is a very famous football player. Played for Milan for I don't know how many years. Paolo Maldini, google him But I don't like him, cause I support Juventus

Comment

I'm ITA so I don't have bb in my DNA like you guys but I can try to do a comparison with soccer.
            If the entire team improve with their movement ("short team" we use to say) starting by the midfielders that guard the turnovers of the opposite team there are much possibilities to regain ball possession. This will be with time, we are after CB4 era, and the team as to cements his skills. Do you agree? What do you think?

WOW 10 minutes to write this! sorry for the english, hope you will appreciate the same :-). Stay confident, Raps will surprise us
            So che questo ha niente a che fare con il basket, ma la Juve vi ha battuti FORZA JUVE Non so se sei un milanista, ma hai il avatar di Maldini? :P

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
              So che questo ha niente a che fare con il basket, ma la Juve vi ha battuti FORZA JUVE Non so se sei un milanista, ma hai il avatar di Maldini? :P
              touché! la juve era a pezzi mancavano 3/4 titolari ed abbiamo fatto un partita penosa (anche la juve però l'ha buttata dentro 2 volte) Rispetto per Pinturicchio
              Let's go Raptors!

Comment

touché! la juve era a pezzi mancavano 3/4 titolari ed abbiamo fatto un partita penosa (anche la juve però l'ha buttata dentro 2 volte) Rispetto per Pinturicchio
                Be adesso ancora peggio. Non abbiamo Grygera, Chiellini, Rinaudo, De Ceglie, Traore, Martinez, e gli attacanti sono tutti cosi cosa haha. Abbiamo cosi pochi difensori che dobbiamo mettere Pepe come terzino e richiamare Grosso e Salihamidzic Comunque mo dobbiamo ritornare a parlare di basket! Se hai bisogno di aiuto sul sito, o traduzioni mandami un messaggio

Comment

• Tim Chisholm Comparing Bargnani to a Child

Yikes ... this criticism of Andrea and his lack of rebounding is getting a tad bit ridiculous now. Not implying just Chisholm's two cents worth, but overall in general right now.

What Evans is doing, though, is taking what lingering interest Bargnani has in rebounding and quashing it with his force of will. With Evans grabbing a two-person allotment of rebounds whenever he's on the floor, Bargnani feels no compulsion to hunt down rebounds himself. He has no instinct to go after the ball when a shot goes up, he barely even moves to box his guy out (something that would at least make rebounding easier for his various teammates). It's like when a parent tells a child to do his or her chores but then does them for the child when the child refuses. It creates an environment where the child (or in this case Bargnani) knows that there is no penalty for not doing the work as someone else does the work regardless. This is further reinforced in Bargnani's case because even though he's not putting in any effort on the glass, he's still getting a team-leading 33.7 minutes per-game and a team-leading 17 shots in those minutes. So, he gets his money, he gets his minutes and he gets his shots and there is no penance for not rebounding? How is this preparing the man for the future when Reggie Evans isn't around?
                  Source - Click here

Comment

• I agree with the crux of the article as BC, Gherardini (Bargnani's own personal GM smh) & Jay have coddled this lethargic behavior from Bargnani over his career so much so that he thinks it's fine if he doesn't do the historical big man dirty work in the paint ie box out, rebound, screen, protect the rim- and just shoots the ball. I don't think that alot of Raptor players like playing with Bargnani thus a large roster turnover from last season but the same issues seem to be reappearing in my mind. Someone needs to put a foot up in Barg's ass everytime a shot goes up to move him into the paint- especially on the defensive end.

AB is being rewarded with a guaranteed starting position, playing time plus all the Organizational perks of being a Franchise player w/o all the media pressure ( BC , Jay repeatedly saying TO has no go to guy) of being a franchise guy unlike what Bosh faced as a Raptor.smh

I can't recall Bargnani ever getting a floor burn while fighting for a loose ball in 4 years of watching him yet Andersen, Johnson, Evans have all already gone to the floor for loose balls this season.smh Bargnani needs to get off of his high horse and hustle hard.

Work hard, get better- be the best (Bargnani voice)...SMH

Jay instilled his no accountability era last season.......smh
                    Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 04:24 PM.

Comment

• He's just a hater.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Triano and Carlesimo have designed the Raptors defense for Evans to get most of the rebounds.

As a team the Raptors are +4 in rebound differential per game. They are ranked 10th in this category.

Last season the Raptors were a -1.8 rebound differential per game. That ranked them 19th in this category.

A very nice team improvement so far.

Last time I checked basketball was still a team sport

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/stats/by...ar=season_2010
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Let's get one thing straight, Bargnani's rebounding is not close to the teams biggest problem and it's not causing losses. I don't give a crap who grabs the board. If Evans grabs 15 and Bargnani grabs 4, I don't care. All I care is that somebody getting it. Meanwhile Andrea is shooting 50% from the field and 55% from downtown.

FYI, #9. That's where the Raptors rank so far this season in fewest offensive rebounds allowed.

Source: ESPN.com

Same page, they ranked 7th in average rebounds per game this season so far. That's a +3.6 differential, good for 8th overall.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 02:51 PM. Reason: Added stats

Comment

• Just because the team has improved in rebounding is not an excuse for Bargnani to grab 3 rebounds per game. It's not just about him playing far from the basket, if you actually watch a Raptors game every now and then, you'll see that he has absolutely no desire to grab rebounds. Even the ones that are as simple as taking a few steps forward or bending down. It's incredibly frustrating

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Let's get one thing straight, Bargnani's rebounding is not close to the teams biggest problem and it's not causing losses. I don't give a crap who grabs the board. If Evans grabs 15 and Bargnani grabs 4, I don't care. All I care is that somebody getting it. Meanwhile Andrea is shooting 50% from the field and 55% from downtown.
                              Actually, Bargnani's inability to box out and grab rebounds WAS a major factor in the loss to the Kings. The problem when your big man isn't expected, or doesn't want to, rebound, when he has to and doesn't, it's a big problem.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• EverythingBlaxx wrote: View Post
                                Just because the team has improved in rebounding is not an excuse for Bargnani to grab 3 rebounds per game. It's not just about him playing far from the basket, if you actually watch a Raptors game every now and then, you'll see that he has absolutely no desire to grab rebounds. Even the ones that are as simple as taking a few steps forward or bending down. It's incredibly frustrating
                                Bargnani has no desire to mix it up period.

He doesn't like going down among the big strong and tough guys in the NBA.

He doesn't like to do it on offense and doesn't like to do it on defense.

By the way Bargnani has a pretty low "finish at the rim" percentage among bigs during his career.

He just doesn't like contact, period.

Evans loves contact but can't shoot worth sheet from anywhere on the court.

You do the best with the pluses and minuses of the players that you have.

That means designing your offense and defense to maximize your player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Last time I checked basketball was a team game
                                Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Nov 3, 2010, 02:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X