Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    So why is it solely Bargnani's fault? You do a fantantic job of deflecting that Kleiza had mutiple travel calls, that the bench was pretty bad, Derozan was in foul trouble and Jack was not solid. But you know, Bargnani does a good job of shooting, yet because he didn't have the number of rebounds you want, it's his fault that we lost...
    When the Lakers struggle do you observe Kobe or Steve Blake ?

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
      My point is if he doesnt rebound you have to trade him....you cannot win in this league with a perimeter oriented big man...who gives you nothing else...thats my point now..I have kinda accepted he's a bum and lazy on the boards NOW i want to see him moved...and move on...clearly an intelligent fan can see you cant win with this guy being a focal point of a team....his scoring is a sidebar to all the things he dont give you...it dotn add up...
      He's not the "focal point", or else he would have been given the final shot in crunch time vs Kings. We are going for TEAM ball this year. Your mind is stuck in the Chris Bosh franchise player paradigm. Give it time and you will widen the scope a bit.

Comment

• So anything more than 2 rebs is not enough rebs for ME ? smh
        By your definition why would we critique DeMar when he scored 24 ? Arent you the one suggesting a guy scores it doesnt matter much else what he does ?
        DeMar is in his 2nd year and hes not playing center although maybe he should be based on what im watching...

Comment

• Trife76 wrote: View Post
          When the Lakers struggle do you observe Kobe or Steve Blake ?
          Yeah dude, you are lost, or just being a hater. Cassipi owned us and NOT because of Bargs. Look at the big picture here and not ur own agenda.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
            We lost the lead against the kings due to the poor defence of Kleiza, Calderon, Amir, and Weems. Not Bargs. You and Tim Jizzmouth are wrong.
            You believe 2 rebounds is enough against a soft front court ?
            You believe getting bullied by a rookie inside is ok ?

Comment

He's not the "focal point", or else he would have been given the final shot in crunch time vs Kings. We are going for TEAM ball this year. Your mind is stuck in the Chris Bosh franchise player paradigm. Give it time and you will widen the scope a bit.
              another deflection

team ball blah blah Who takes the most shots ? Who is the consensus guy everyone says has to lead and step up and take control of this team ?

Comment

Yeah dude, you are lost, or just being a hater. Cassipi owned us and NOT because of Bargs. Look at the big picture here and not ur own agenda.
                0 offensive rebound
                2 rebounds total

3 rebounds in 2 games

Comment

• The third frame is the worst. No signs of this getting better either. Jay should have played offense/defense subs at this point, and should do that in tight games from now on. He should, you know, coach!

Comment

• Its pretty stupid to take two seperate occasions that happened after Cousins was fresh and came off the bench after Andrea's played 35 minutes. What about all the times cousins was schooled by andrea?I've seen tim duncan look real bad onlots of occasions but I bet their fans don't freeze frame every mistake. Welcome to RR

Comment

• listen, bargnani lovers. time to stop trying to find a way to spin this around. Of course bargnani and anderson should not be on the floor together ever. But if that is the case, box out your fucking man, this is grade 3 gym class stuff. If he does not learn how to rebound and play defense our team will literally suck. you cannot expect reggie to get 20 rbs a night, bargnani getting 3 a game is beyond pathetic

Comment

• and how can you compare bargnani to tim duncan, tim actually plays defense and rebounds well, something hes been known for for his whole career.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Bargnani has no desire to mix it up period.

He doesn't like going down among the big strong and tough guys in the NBA.

He doesn't like to do it on offense and doesn't like to do it on defense.

By the way Bargnani has a pretty low "finish at the rim" percentage among bigs during his career.

He just doesn't like contact, period.

Evans loves contact but can't shoot worth sheet from anywhere on the court.

You do the best with the pluses and minuses of the players that you have.

That means designing your offense and defense to maximize your player's strengths and minimize their weaknesses.

Last time I checked basketball was a team game
                          Can you or someone else back this up with a stat or something? Really curious because lately (even from last season) I've noticed him getting the ball in the post a lot more.

Comment

• Trife76 your the one not watching the games. Can you afford sportsnet1? Everyone else gets to use stats but I guess the top PER guys aren't the top players in the league (lebron, kobe, wade, roy etc PER doesn't mean anything). Many teams have won with big guys who were outside players detroit pistons of the 80's, chicago bulls of the 90's to name two off the top of my head. Just because your high doesn't mean your above anyone else

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              Exactly. Bargnani dropped 28 and shot close to 60% from the field. If he wasn't in the game the Raptors would have gotten completely humiliated...
                              There are things in basketball you accept and things you don't accept. You accept that sometimes shots don't fall. You accept that opposing players will sometimes shoot well, no matter what you do. What you don't accept are things like being outworked. And you don't accept allowing your man to get an offensive rebound in crunch time. Twice. Those are things that players get benched for. One of my few criticisms of Triano is that he's been more lenient of Bargnani than others. As far as I'm concerned, those 28 points are worthless if you make unforgivable transgressions in crunch time that lose the game for your team.

And this has nothing to do with who did it. If I'm coaching a team and my best player allows two crunch time offensive rebounds that leads to a loss. I guarantee he's not starting the next game.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
                                Its pretty stupid to take two seperate occasions that happened after Cousins was fresh and came off the bench after Andrea's played 35 minutes. What about all the times cousins was schooled by andrea?I've seen tim duncan look real bad onlots of occasions but I bet their fans don't freeze frame every mistake. Welcome to RR
                                When things happen matters. If a player plays great defense until crunch time, and then becomes a sieve, it matters. It pretty much nullifies everything he did before that. And if Bargnani was too tired to do a simple boxout of a rookie who was playing his third game, he shouldn't have been on the floor.

And the difference between Bargnani and Tim Duncan is that TIm Duncan doesn't have a history of problems like this. It's hard to jump on a guy with four Championship Rings, two MVP Awards, 8 All-Defensive 1st Team honours, 4 All-Defensive 2nd Team honours, if he messes up on a play a couple of times. Partly because you know it's probably not going to happen again. None of us can say the same about Bargnani.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X