No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Simple question: Would you trade Joey Dorsey for Dwight Howard?

Comment

• blackjitsu wrote: View Post
      I hear you. As an immigrant whose lived in my fair share of cities Toronto is not a blue collar city. However, it is a city that prides itself in blue collar ethics -- the whole "Big Smoke" thing for example. You may consider it a Maple Leaf city, not a hockey city but most "hockey cities" pride the hockey work ethic in other sports (see Detroit, Philly).

What Toronto really is, is an amalgamation of cultural communities that have thrived due to their ingenuity with a corporate mask. Its a bit of a leap (okay a massive leap) but its not the diversity of those communities that unifies them, but the hard work to make them successful that makes Toronto what it is. Hence my stance for a blue-collar team. (Sorry for using the word hence)
      Both Philadelphia and Detroit really are blue collar cities. Detroit is most famous for it's car manufacturing, and the people that make them.

I think Toronto really likes hustling, blue collar type players but that's the case with every city. Even L.A.

I do think that Colangelo attempted to give the team a bit of an identity, and did when he first came. That team that won 47 games was a team made up of European and American players and sensibilities. I think a GM needs to be more focused on creating a team that can win rather than trying to create an identity that matches the city.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Legalize-It wrote: View Post
        im guessing you're not aware of how the pacers landed hibbert ?
        I am very aware that he would have been ours if not for a bad trade...but I'm not wanting to live in past mistakes and prefer to think about how the team can improve moving forward. That seemed to be the general theme of the thread so far, so I assumed you were meaning it in the acquiring sense. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

• I think there are better options out there. I think Hibbert is overrated. Above average player playing on a below average team. He's not going to help the Raptors anymore than Bargnani and I feel Bargnani is worth more.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Ok, so 29 teams would trade for him... But what would they be offering?
            hey i said that first apollo? you should quote me! hahaha

Comment

• ebrian wrote: View Post
              It's a trick. He didn't say NBA GMs. 29 GMs could mean anything. Who knows if he even means General Managers? I mean we're talking about Andrea Bargnani, right? One of the worst starting centers in the history of the NBA. Maybe he was talking about General Motors, and Andrea being a good salesperson.

I think Arsenalist should clarify if he meant NBA GMs.. otherwise I'm not sure I can take Eric Smith seriously ever again.
              Yeah, it's a pretty much a meaningless statement without knowing what the deal looks like. I'd buy a BMW with no wheels if the selling price is $100. LOL.

So I would imagine that 29 GMs would trade for Bargs if the Raps also included first round picks, cap relief, a serviceable player and took on a bad salary or two. (hmmm... sounds like the JO to Miami deal doesn't it?). And if I'm the coach of that team, I'd make Bargs the first big off the bench.

Comment

• Ah... No... Although he is better than what the Heat got for Beasley. How about we add pieces around Bargs & YGZ rather than dumping and restarting every couple of years?

Comment

• Kleiza for Melo

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                    Here's the thread:

http://www.facebook.com/notes/raptor...s/494234690019

My personal favorite:

That pic is a classic example of Bargs being dumb.

I bet you he started with cousins on his back on the other side of the rim, but got pushed all the way under it. THAT IS NOT EVEN ALLOWED IN BASKETBALL!!! If someone is pushing you off your spot, all you got to do is let him (and flail your arms a bit so the refs see) and it's a FOUL!

Thats why I say Bargs problem is not lack of toughness (he was probably struggling with cousins, trying to push back) but LOW BBAL IQ.

Comment

• Add Jose and dump them both for Hibbert and A.J. Price.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Simple question: Would you trade Joey Dorsey for Dwight Howard?
                        You dismiss Hibbert too quickly. He worked extremely hard in the off-season and has significantly improved his game. He is bearing a high offensive load, in addition to providing great defense. I would trade Bargs for Hibbert in a heartbeat, but I would bet you that Indy fans wouldn't even consider it.

Comment

• all the toronto media is biased...

how can eric smith say something bad about any of the players or management knowing he will have them on his show, travel with them, stay in the same hotel...

Comment

• Is Bargnani Still a Top 10 Centre?

some here on RR thought bargs was a top 10 Center at one point...

how do you feel now ?

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
                              I don't think I've done anything that deserves to be punished like this. How about this, you do it, I'll post it.
                              Why you dirty little...
                              FINE! I'll do it! But please alert the authorities so they can put me on suicide watch.

Comment

• a) He was never a top 10 center.
                                b) It's far too early in a season to judge a player.

Everyone is jumping on Bargnani now because he's not playing well. The same thing happens when every Raptor plays poorly for a few games.

Bargnani is not as bad as he has appeared lately, but not as good as some thought he'd be. If he has a big game against Philadelphia a number of people will come on this thread and say "yes, he is."

Let's get some perspective here.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X