No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only way Bargs makes the ASG is the Antonio Davis route: injury to every other possible choice.

Howard, Shaq (2nd in asg votes for centres?!?), Noah (INJ), Horford, Bogut. One down 4 to go and even then he'd be in a dog fight with Hibbert and Lopez.
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Bargnani (+/-) Thread (Update In Post #17)

Bargnani led in both categories

Points----------23
      Plus/Minus----(21)
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• Sour Grapes

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Bargnani led in both categories

Points----------23
        Plus/Minus----(21)
        Buddahfan I did not always agree with you but you used to be more rationale and a better judge than most, until you lost your love for Amir which seemed to have turned you into another guy that looks for a Bargnani slam on every occasion possible. Are you serious that you had nothing else to post but this? Did you notice your boy got fewer rebounds even though I loved his game. Did you notice Bargnani was the only guy after missing a couple of weeks no less that actually looked like he had talent on the floor tonight? Did you notice that the Bulls big men were rendered ineffective and Bargs played solid defense getting a couple of blocks as well? Did you notice DeRozan forcing everything he saw and turning the ball over 5 times? Are you kidding? You guys need to get a life because some of you are pathetic seemingly following the Raptors just to be able to pick apart Bargnani's game even though he is the only bonafide starter this team has besides Jose. it's amazing how we have the best scoring center in the league, with a versatile game developing before our very eyes yet you and others constantly look for diversions from calling out others by slamming the only real player we have. Did you notice the Bulls wings and guards destroyed us tonight not the big men?

Comment

• Pizzaman wrote: View Post
          Buddahfan I did not always agree with you but you used to be more rationale and a better judge than most, until you lost your love for Amir which seemed to have turned you into another guy that looks for a Bargnani slam on every occasion possible. Are you serious that you had nothing else to post but this? Did you notice your boy got fewer rebounds even though I loved his game. Did you notice Bargnani was the only guy after missing a couple of weeks no less that actually looked like he had talent on the floor tonight? Did you notice that the Bulls big men were rendered ineffective and Bargs played solid defense getting a couple of blocks as well? Did you notice DeRozan forcing everything he saw and turning the ball over 5 times? Are you kidding? You guys need to get a life because some of you are pathetic seemingly following the Raptors just to be able to pick apart Bargnani's game even though he is the only bonafide starter this team has besides Jose. it's amazing how we have the best scoring center in the league, with a versatile game developing before our very eyes yet you and others constantly look for diversions from calling out others by slamming the only real player we have. Did you notice the Bulls wings and guards destroyed us tonight not the big men?
          x2

Comment

• bargs needs a tough defending center beside him to succeed i want us to draft enes kanter
            ya dun noe

Comment

Go back and watch the game.

Or rewatch it.

1. It was only because of Johnson's interior defense that the Raptors were still relatively close when Triano pulled him for the night.

2. Bayless as usual pulled his Jack Sheet in rarely passing the ball to Johnson.

3. Three meaningless fouls two of which were questionable; i.e. his second and third.

This was actually one of the best games that Johnson has played as a starter. After being chewed up by Boozer in Toronto he did a good job defending him with Boozer unable to score inside against him in the first half.

Bargnani's idea of defense is wearing deodorant for a GQ shoot.

His shot selection was highly questionable.

If the Raptors ever want to win they either need to have Bargnani come off the bench or trade him for a center that can defend and rebound.

Teams that win in the NBA do not have a center that scores but can't play defense. Winning teams have most of their scoring coming from the Wings, PF and sometimes PG.

And no Bargnani can not play PF. His defense against faster players would be even worse than it is now as hard as that is to believe.

I am still a Johnson fan but there is no longer a need to pump or hype him as he has finally been given a fair chance to start.

So far so good given that he has been playing injured for a good deal of the time since he began starting.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 02:24 AM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Are you serious that you had nothing else to post but this?
                I haven't posted much or longer analytical posts like I did previously because I have been spending most of my time on these three sites and related high tech sities trying to stay up to date with high tech stuff.

http://forum.avast.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions?tagged=beta

Today I spent a bit of time catching up on UEFI

http://www.uefi.org/home/

Comment

• Wait I'm confused, which side is buddafan on?

Comment

• Buddha, really? Solomon Alabi got a +2.

Comment

• Hassan wrote: View Post
                      bargs needs a tough defending center beside him to succeed i want us to draft enes kanter
                      that what i was saying all along! lol +1

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Or rewatch it.

1. It was only because of Johnson's interior defense that the Raptors were still relatively close when Triano pulled him for the night.

2. Bayless as usual pulled his Jack Sheet in rarely passing the ball to Johnson.

3. Three meaningless fouls two of which were questionable; i.e. his second and third.

This was actually one of the best games that Johnson has played as a starter. After being chewed up by Boozer in Toronto he did a good job defending him with Boozer unable to score inside against him in the first half.

If the Raptors ever want to win they either need to have Bargnani come off the bench or trade him for a center that can defend and rebound.

Teams that win in the NBA do not have a center that scores but can't play defense. Winning teams have most of their scoring coming from the Wings, PF and sometimes PG.

And no Bargnani can not play PF. His defense against faster players would be even worse than it is now as hard as that is to believe.

I am still a Johnson fan but there is no longer a need to pump or hype him as he has finally been given a fair chance to start.

So far so good given that he has been playing injured for a good deal of the time since he began starting.
                        +1. Brian Scalabrine can score at will down low with Bargs in the post. Heck, Earl Boykins can easily score off him in the post. Minus 23 is not a shocker for me. Like I said before and I'll say it again, Bargs at 7 feet with a great dribble drive was a novel idea when he was 20 years old. Once the knee, calf or other parts of his body starts to give him issues then he is just another Mehmet Okur on a good day. No, I'm not suggesting a trade. I'm tired of suggesting yet another rebounding partner / assistant - we're talking the bench. How many low ball offer do people think BC is getting for Bargs? Perhaps too many too mention.

PS> My "got away" player? Lamarcus Aldridge. Hate all you want but he's averaging almost a 20 / 9 every game. Bargs will never average 8 or 9 rebounds in his career.
                        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                          Wait I'm confused, which side is buddafan on?
                          +1. This thread is confusing me. It didn't seem like BuddaFan was dissin' Bargs at all. Who cares, tho??? Bargs played well for a guy that was out for a so many games. You should be talking about Kleiza, who STILL doesn't know how to use a pivot foot?!?!? Insane!!!! Bayless has been playing with a nagger that still seems to hurt. We're depleted, guys. AGAIN, just like last season, injuries are piling up, at the same time, as last year. Overall, the effort has been there. As well as dudes that played the bench are getting thrust more minutes and are probably a little tired from it and are still adjusting. Barbosa is seemingly still struggling with his shot. When we're all healthy again all these worries that we have will work itself out. IMO.
                          The NBA Larry O'Brien Trophy's 'Big Decision': "This is hard..(smiling)...but..I've decided to take my talents to North Texas, to join The Dallas Mavericks.

"My Gladiator verses VS. what ya verse says"--Adversaree
                          Check out my song "Beat Fighter 2010" (prod. by Pete Cannon)
                          www.myspace.com/adversareeteamfresh
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/adversaree
                          http://twitter.com/#!/GiftOfSpeech (Twitter)

Comment

• I dont know why you guys encourage him,(a raw) -21 is irrelevant when the entire team finished in the negative, im not arguing that bargnani is the next bruce bowen, but come on, lets use a little logic please... he was (unfortunately) the leading team rebounder, lead in FTA, and showed some intensity in his first game back with a bad calf...

You guys wanna chew on someones defense, i recall a half a dozen times where demar reached around from behind, while his man blew by him, and luckily only got nailed with one reach in foul, -10 with a team that doesnt have a SG is embarassing, any coach on a high school team would bench you for that garbage.

and way to go everyone, now im enabling him too....its a vicious trap you have set sir...

Comment

Or rewatch it.

Buddahfan I watched the game and on PVR no less so I got to see it in detail, and you obviously see it different.
                              Bargnani had a solid game both ends in my opinion and took a couple of shots he probably should not have, but most of the Raptors took more than a couple they should not have, like Kleiza, DeRozan, Bayless and Barbosa.
                              Amir played great, but please do not suggest he gets all the credit for stopping Boozer when clearly Bargnani stopped him or altered his shot on more than a few occasions.
                              Also you say Bargnani cannot play PF even with a strong defensive center next to him, but you are ok with a Skinny PF that plays defense well when he's not giving up 40 pounds, or taking stupid fouls, and can only really score under the basket and mostly garbage points.
                              Think about it pal.

Comment

I haven't posted much or longer analytical posts like I did previously because I have been spending most of my time on these three sites and related high tech sities trying to stay up to date with high tech stuff.

http://forum.avast.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/

https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/questions?tagged=beta

Today I spent a bit of time catching up on UEFI

http://www.uefi.org/home/
                                I hope you keep spending your time doing other things as you clearly have a Bargnani obbession of some sort.. You know those i can't get over my ex type oness ...

Any basketball executive would just laugh and think you must have been rejected by Bargnani multipe times after listening to your thoughts about his game.

Ps u really need some glasses (i thought u were just kidding when you compare johnson's and Bargnani's game makes me actually wonder if you watch the games at all or just fantasize about what is happening during the games lool.

Comment

Working...
                                X