No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If that draft was done based on those players' production prior to this year, it would have gone Roy, Rondo, Aldridge, Gay, Bargnani, Thomas. I would say Paul Milsap and Boobie Gibson would have gone higher also.

It's anybody's guess as to whether or not Roy or Rondo would have signed an extension in Toronto. BC's big mistake was drafting a guy who played effectively the same position as our best player at that time, rather than someone who could compliment his game.

This is all kind of pointless hindsight though.

Comment

• What if we has drafted Wade instead of Bosh?
      What if we had drafted Darren Collison instead of DeMar?
      What if we had drafted Tayshaun Prince instead of Kareem Rush?
      What if we had drafted Gerald Wallace instead of Micheal Bradley?

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
        What if we has drafted Wade instead of Bosh?

LOOOLL, Nice!!

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
          tim your arguement is just as delusional has the bargs supporters> Your point of view is so biased against andrea that no one should ever consider your point of view. The truth lies in between.
          LOOOOL, Nicely Said. Tim has his bias and personal issues with AB and his points are not valid.

Lets face it boys, Right now, if you put AB and Amir Johnson ( Timi's fav player) on the trading block , what you will get back for AB will be 10 more than what people are willing to pay for Amir

That my friends, shows what AB is worth.

End of Story

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
            What if we has drafted Wade instead of Bosh?

I could not have said it any better.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
              Umm, have you seen Aldridge's numbers of late? He's the player of the week last week (25 and 10 for January). He has been the leader of an incredibly decimated roster in Portland. He has in every way, leap-frogged Andrea in many ways. Ease up on the Kool-Aid man.
              +1. At least he grabbed 7 rebounds per game over his career.

Comment

• All in all, it sounds like we would have been hooped no matter who we took (except for Rondo... And nobody would have take him #1!)...

Comment

• The Rawth wrote: View Post
                  What if, for our first pick back in 06' Colangelo had picked someone like Aldridge, or Rudy Gay instead of Bargnani? Do you think we'd be in a similar position to where we are now? Would Bosh have stayed for another season or two, with more consistant players such Brandon Roy?
                  And had we not drafted Bargnani 1st, would he still have been picked up in top 3, and be where he is effective-wise today?

Was just wondering
                  Be thankful!
                  We couldve drafted adam morrison!
                  http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

• Barganani benched - MIL Post-Game

Tough loss. They played. They played hard. They played brilliant at times. They played stunned at times. They lost. Sound familiar?

I wonder if JT is reading the RR forums. Or does having another C on the roster allow you to send a message to Bargnani - who unfortunately didn't get it. Even Jack was going on about playing both sides of the ball. OT, Bogut abused Bargs. I'm far from a Bargnani hater but at the same time - come on!

DD rough night at the office. He plays and doesn't quit. One has to respect that. Given the progress he has made playing O this year, I think he'll get it on D at some point - it may be not this year but it will come. He has a willingness to learn and is clearly a hard worker. Maybe I'm sipping some Kool-Aid but he has really grown on me (sorry about the thread questioning you in November, DeMar).

Amir played very well. One thing I noticed though was he played awful on the pick and roll - no hedge, no switch, just hang back and give easy looks for the guard with the ball or watch Ilyasova hit jumper after jumper. Oh well. In reality he was the best Raptor tonight. After watching plays like those, and Raptors in general make elementary mistakes on defense, I would question the teaching strategies of the coaches or the listening and learning skills of the players. *EDIT* Not enough credit given to Amir. He played a great offensive game. Outside of the screen issue he was solid. Great game.

Calderon played big minutes again - 41. Given the fact Bayless generally performs when given minutes, I think he is being shopped - just my opinion.

Ajinca had a good showing in the 1st half, dreadful second. A lot of jumpers for a 7'2" guy. But there is nothing to lose and everything to gain with him.

One more ball for the lottery...

Comment

• I always have this feeling when bargs defends in the post,he tries to defend,he pushes the opponent a bit,but at the end he scores anyway.Its very dissapointing to watch(for me) and i believe its the same for him.I think he tries.(to defend in the post and 1 on 1)
                      And at the beggining on some P n' R actions when he lost bogut that was just bad defense by him.He just seems very confused on the defensive end.His P n' R defence is just atrocius.He has to work on that(if he can..)
                      But on the good side there was that part at the near of the 4th quarter when he carried the team on the offense.It was a joy to watch.I wish he would have scored on that game winner attempt...(also a bad play call by triano).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        I'm far from a Bargnani hater but at the same time - come on!

The problem is not AB the same way it was not Jack or Belineli or ...

The problem is a system and a Coach that does not under stand who he has, what are their weaknesses and how he can have players on the court that compliment one another.

P.S. Look at minute 5 of the 4th quarter when Ilyasova with a little head fake sends Amir to LaLa land and got an easy lay up under our basket That was embaressing.
                        Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Jan 29, 2011, 12:20 AM.

Comment

• I'm with you core. What the hell was that final play call in the 4th?? Terrible call out of a tmeout. And the funny thing is Jay Triano is labeled an x's and o's guy. Terrible call. Even if it goes in.

Comment

• My God, y'all are really reaching for arguments to keep Bargs around.

Comment

• I tend to support Triano, but I was pissed during the 4th quarter, with maybe a little under two minutes left, he called a timeout while the Raps were on a 5-on-4 break (Delfino was laying in the crowd under our basket).. Calderon had Wright breaking from the right side towards the basket with no defender within 10 feet of him... you could see the look on Calderon's face saying "noooooooo"! It killed the momentum completely and blew an opportunity for a near-100% bucket to get within 2 or 3 points at the time... stupid timeout call!

Comment

• Bargnani benched.

I continue to struggle to see how Calderon is such a great floor general.

But the tank's moving along so smoothly.

Comment

Working...
                                X