Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
    What if we drafted Kobe instead of Camby.
    He would have demanded a trade on draft day... Just like he did with Charlotte

Comment

• I feel bad for andrea and sonny as they're playing with injuries. Severe back spasms take 6 months to fully heal as I have the same problem and the decrease in your mobility, flexability and fast twitch muscle make it hard to perform at a high level.
      If you had any brain as a fan you would be happy that were losing(lot due to injury). This will help us become a better team faster. The lack of talent is obvious so lets get a top three pick and become a better team next year when we have a chance to make the playoffs. THis is the best scenario.

Comment

• Time 2 shop Bargnani....

Franchise record 13-35 with Bargnani...
        25 years old,5 years in league,still plays soft.
        Honestly I think he took wrong profession,maybe he should of been of model..I don't know..he plays like one.
        I think I can speak for every raptor fan..we gave this guy a lot of chances..it's time 2 move on.
        If u can get high 1st round pick and veteran player that can help mature derozan,davis,1st round pick player this year and player in deal...u have 2 do it.
        As for Bryan Colangelo's love affair with Andrea...dude wake up..u made mistake..u have 2 let him go. Move on and fix this franchise...

P.S

I don't mind when I know franchise is no good,and putting up an effort and eventualy it will get better,but honestly if Bargnani stays,it will never get better!!!
        "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
        My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Blasterfi9 wrote: View Post
          juss keep em both, and not do nuthin.... seriously, they're both pretty cheap considering all things. They arent great at wat they do, but at the moment it rly doesnt matter. We suk..... and quite frankly all we have to look forward to is the draft.

Bargs can be a rly good 6th man, or 3rd option on offence, and all we can rly do is wait for the year to end and draft high and get someone good.

Wait for the year to end, do the draft re- evaluate talent, and go intpo nex year again, and at tat point u might wanna get rid of jay so tat we have some new blood coaching the team to make sure our neww rookies don learn bad habits, like no D.

Trade bargs nex year for a bunch of picks but otherwise juss keep him around since there is rly NUTHIN bttr on this roster ( although leandro is still cool and deserves bttr, possibly jose too)
          I agree with your creatively written post. However, I truly believe that at this point, Bargnani being a sixth man is not a possibility. There's been far too much invested in him and there a couple people in the head office who, apparently, stand to lose face if Bargnani is given up on. As long as he's here, he will be our starting center, our #1 option offensively, and the team will be a joke. Look at the turnaround of big men on this team. Is it really possible that Bargnani remains such a pivotal piece because he has a better work ethic and more upside than all of the other guys who have come and gone? I think not. His presence on the team curtails the development of any real big men. Like A-Dub said, there's favoritism going on and the repercussions go deeper than just sucking. It's a vicious cycle that will render the team crippled for years to come. I'm not denying that the team is simply weak and in a rebuilding phase, but the first need that should be addressed is acquiring a center, because this team does not have one.

Comment

• If andrea was paid like a franchise player I would agree with all you naysayers to trade him. THe fact that he makes less then 10 million a year makes him untouchable. He is meant to be a second option on a good team. The raptors still have a chance to draft a first option or develop one in Demar. THis nonsense to trade andrea at 25 years old is stupid and sounds alot like Memphis getting rid of Paul Gasol. Memphis hasn't made the playoffs in three seasons and the lakers have a chance to make 4 straight finals with Gasol. WHo ever gets andrea will benefit greatly from him maturing into a stud like Gasol did.
            Instant gratitude gets you now where. Blaming a team problem on one player gets you now where. THe raptors are just physically over matched most nights and you guys as fans are in denial. Thats why a guy like corey maggette kills us because we don't have a wing player strong enough to stop him. MOst of the top teams are phsyically mature and have average age of 29.

Comment

• Frankthetank wrote: View Post
              If andrea was paid like a franchise player I would agree with all you naysayers to trade him. THe fact that he makes less then 10 million a year makes him untouchable. He is meant to be a second option on a good team. The raptors still have a chance to draft a first option or develop one in Demar. THis nonsense to trade andrea at 25 years old is stupid and sounds alot like Memphis getting rid of Paul Gasol. Memphis hasn't made the playoffs in three seasons and the lakers have a chance to make 4 straight finals with Gasol. WHo ever gets andrea will benefit greatly from him maturing into a stud like Gasol did.
              Instant gratitude gets you now where. Blaming a team problem on one player gets you now where. THe raptors are just physically over matched most nights and you guys as fans are in denial. Thats why a guy like corey maggette kills us because we don't have a wing player strong enough to stop him. MOst of the top teams are phsyically mature and have average age of 29.
              +1000

Comment

Thats why a guy like corey maggette kills us because we don't have a wing player strong enough to stop him. MOst of the top teams are phsyically mature and have average age of 29.
                Dude, you just contradicted yourself by shifting the blame away from Andrea to DeMar. Bargs as a BYC player, and 25 years old with a knack for scoring IS the reason to trade him. That is his value!!!! When do we consider unloading him, when he's 30 with bad knees and down to 3 rebounds a game? BC has to listen to offers no matter or wherever it is coming from.

BC + Triano + Bargs = Top three. I'm done bitching about those three. All I personally care for as a fan is for this team to do worse than Cleveland. If anything, it would be nice for this losing streak to last til the trade deadline so that we know who to really keep.

PS> New Jersey is in the same boat as the Raps because they too have a super soft center in Brook Lopez. That team ain't going nowhere with him in the middle.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I had them at 17-22 wins this season, so rather predictably, we have become one of the worst teams in the NBA. This was never going to be a good year for us, and I don't think we need to fire/trade/blow anything up right now. As is, we've got some very young people being forced to learn on the fly and that often means losing in a terrible fashion, with the hope we might get better through personnel development and drafting some high level talent. Another poster brought up OKC the other day, which I have always thought was the best way to do it. Even with KD and Jeff Green, they were absolute rubbish in Seattle. It took some time (and the removal of PJ, which is a cheap shot because if there's one thing PJ is known for it is being a good assistant who enjoys teaching but is a crap head coach), but the team is starting to gel, and their dismal failures allowed them to acquire Westbrook, Harden, et al. Tanking doesn't guarantee a top pick, but it helps and that's what we need to do. A couple of years of crap can hopefully yield us good, consistent results down the line. As is, in this draft there's also the cloud of the CBA looming so it's unfortunate the situation we're in, but we have to stick the course. No more cheap, quick fixes, get high picks, draft young players, give Jay a chance to iron out his deficiencies as well, and accept the fact that we are rubbish and that isn't always a bad thing.
                  "Come back, Lisa, you little love killer...Come back Lisa, Lisa Lisamiller."
                  -Newsradio

Comment

• Fact is without evans and an injured Dorsey the raptors are the weakest (physical)team in the NBA. The NBA is a mans league and strength is one of the deciding factors between being a good team and a bad team. Miami, Orlando, Boston, Lakers have strength advantages at every position compared to the raptors. THis is why a team like Detroit can beat the raptors because they isolate and post up at positions with strenth advantages. THis then makes the raptors have to help out on almost every possession. Which then exposes their weak team defense which enhances Andreas biggest weakness team defense. If in two years we're still shatt then trade him.
                    The most important person on the raptors right now is the STRENTH AND CONDITIONING COACH.

Comment

• Brasky wrote: View Post

That was supposed to be Bargnani according to all you delusional nuthuggers but we've seen how that turned out.
                      That was never suppose to be Bargnani and this is why he is getting paied less than 10 million NOW. Barg was suppose to be the 2nd option for this team but since BC fucked up, he tried to brand him suddenly as a future and the YOUNG ONZ as a big part of future but everyone knows that was just a marketing BS which worked on some of the fans.

Comment

• Your the one blaming DeMar. I'm blaming the wing positions their are 4 guys who play those two positions. Wright is our best defender but really is too weak to guard any of the proven wing players. If you take out evans or dorsey do you think anyone on the team could bench over 250 pounds? When the raptors players become men thats when we will compete.

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                        Dude, you just contradicted yourself by shifting the blame away from Andrea to DeMar. Bargs as a BYC player, and 25 years old with a knack for scoring IS the reason to trade him. That is his value!!!! When do we consider unloading him, when he's 30 with bad knees and down to 3 rebounds a game? BC has to listen to offers no matter or wherever it is coming from.

BC + Triano + Bargs = Top three. I'm done bitching about those three. All I personally care for as a fan is for this team to do worse than Cleveland. If anything, it would be nice for this losing streak to last til the trade deadline so that we know who to really keep.

PS> New Jersey is in the same boat as the Raps because they too have a super soft center in Brook Lopez. That team ain't going nowhere with him in the middle.

Comment

• ITs not just the wing position its every position that stinks on defense.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                            If anything, it would be nice for this losing streak to last til the trade deadline so that we know who to really keep.

Yes, I am eagerly awaiting the trade deadline. I hope salary is shed and a draft pick and young player or two is brought back in return.

On NJ, good point. Lopez has regressed this year - big time. Yes Bogut abused Bargnani for 24 points, 7 rebs, and 4 blocks but he had 17/18/7 versus NJ.

Comment

If andrea was paid like a franchise player I would agree with all you naysayers to trade him. THe fact that he makes less then 10 million a year makes him untouchable. He is meant to be a second option on a good team. The raptors still have a chance to draft a first option or develop one in Demar. THis nonsense to trade andrea at 25 years old is stupid and sounds alot like Memphis getting rid of Paul Gasol. Memphis hasn't made the playoffs in three seasons and the lakers have a chance to make 4 straight finals with Gasol. WHo ever gets andrea will benefit greatly from him maturing into a stud like Gasol did.
                              Although I agree that in a rebuilding year losing is a "good" thing (with an eye to the draft of course) I disagree vehemently with your comparison of Pau Gasol to Andrea Bragnani. Pau was never known for being a lock down defensive centre but he's light years ahead of Andrea in that regard. Pau is also an all world low post player, an excellent rebounder and a damn good passer. He has a very high BBall IQ and he took shit Memphis teams to the playoffs 4 years straight. Never won a game I know, but factor in the competition level for just a moment. Gasol didn't mature into a stud as you imply, he was an all world stud in Memphis on a team that without him was beyond terrible. People have this tendency to think that he suddenly developed in LA which simply isn't true. Look at his body of work, from Spain to Memphis to LA.

Now look at Andrea. He's allergic to rebounds and defence. His low post offense is a mess (establishing position for AB seems to be backing his guy down from 15+ feet out), his 3 point shooting is terribly overrated and he doesn't do anything if he isn't scoring. No hustle, no heart, no pride. After 5 years in the L he is what he is. Factor in apparently bad knees (alarm bells should be going off, 7 foot 250 lbers with bad knees? Not good at all) and some truly copperfield-esque disappearances and you are sitting on a bust.

This isn't about instant gratitude for many of us. It's about seeing a guy who is such a defensive liability in the post that you'll never stand a chance against a real frontline in the playoffs. Heck, forget the playoffs and go back to watch Darko and Marc eat him alive. Go back and watch Bogut destroy him in overtime. Go watch Earl Monroe and JMax and a 90 year old Ben Wallace get whatever they want. You cannot consistently win basketball games in the NBA with so little reactive force in the post.

He doesn't bring anything to this team other than the occasional Jumper which is the ultimate foolsgold. As long as he is a key player the Raps will continue to be a soft jump shooting team. Good enough to be mediocre some years, usually not bad enough to benefit. He NEEDS to go.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
                                As for Bryan Colangelo's love affair with Andrea...dude wake up..u made mistake..u have 2 let him go. Move on and fix this franchise...

P.S

I don't mind when I know franchise is no good,and putting up an effort and eventualy it will get better,but honestly if Bargnani stays,it will never get better!!!
                                The D-day (decision day) is coming for Bargnani, no doubt. BC has admitted many mistakes in the past. If the days comes when he feels Bargnani is not part of the future or he can't win with him, Bargnani is gone. It would seem to me that given his salary he is not a number one option in BC's eyes. Unfortunately for Bargnani he is the number 1 option this year and he is taking a lot of slack because of it. Here is to hoping Bargnani gets a star to ride the coat tails of next year.

Comment

Working...
                                X