Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    But Bargs should be an all star over D12 in my opinion.
    hahahah You gotta love it guys.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      hahahah You gotta love it guys.
      Bargs is Tupac

Comment

• If you mean that as in a symbolism of Bargnani's rebounding and defensive abilities being dead and buried then, yeah. I totally agree with you.

Comment

Bargs is Tupac
          *sings* Keepa ya heead up. Oo child, things are gonna get easier.

Comment

I agree with Hesketh that Winston doesn't list those guys in any kind of "order" of magnitude.
            Ok guys, look at the list again. There are 4 categories:
            Defense
            Impact

Notice that the points category descends in order from highest to lowest.

Now look at the offense and defense categories. Offense is how many points above average the player contributes, defense is how many points above average they allow (ie a negative rating means they allow fewer when on the court, a positive rating means they give up more). Now do the math for each row.

LeBron for example produces 14 extra points on O and allows 5 less when he's on the court, for a points total of 19. Same deal with every player, that's how they're ranked.

Impact simply ranks players by how effective they are in crunch time.

I mean the explanation for the list is right on the page.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              If you mean that as in a symbolism of Bargnani's rebounding and defensive abilities being dead and buried then, yeah. I totally agree with you.
              Nah, dude's gangsta AP, you know that

Seen

Comment

But Bargs should be an all star over D12 in my opinion.
                oh, how i wish that were the case. we'd then hear every pundit, expert, player, coach in the L (and out of the L) spend every second leading up to the ASG decrying such a fiasco as the greatest injustice in the history of sports....and they would be absolutely, unequivocally, unabashedly correct. and yet, somehow i doubt even that would sway your opinion. as much as your skewed sense of reality (at least when it comes to bargnani) is disturbing (on a number of levels), at least it's amusing. but be careful...if you haven't already reached it, you're treading perilously close to 'ignore this asshat' status. and that would be a shame, since it's important that your (warped) sense of reality continue to be put on display, if for nothing else than for public ridicule.

MULTIPAUL...FTW!!!!!!!!
                TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• I always look forward to Multipaul's posts. Never fails to bring a smile, his blind optimism rubs off after awhile too. Bargs is not Tupac Multipaul, you are.

Comment

• Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                    Ok guys, look at the list again. There are 4 categories:
                    Defense
                    Impact

Now look at the offense and defense categories. Offense is how many points above average the player contributes, defense is how many points above average they allow (ie a negative rating means they allow fewer when on the court, a positive rating means they give up more). Now do the math for each row.

LeBron for example produces 14 extra points on O and allows 5 less when he's on the court, for a points total of 19. Same deal with every player, that's how they're ranked.

Impact simply ranks players by how effective they are in crunch time.

I mean the explanation for the list is right on the page.
                    Ok, so Points - Amir adds +12 to Bargs +8 when considering the adjusted +/- and players on the floor, compared to the Average Baller. Fine.
                    Offense - Amir adds +2 to Bargs +6 per 48 compared to the average baller.
                    Amir is obviously a stronger defender, we don't need to get into that.
                    Impact Its not JUST clutch situation. He clearly states it is simply weighted MORE. And it also seems to be VERY telling actually if you look at the players and corresponding Impact stats. Those make sense. Perfect Sense.
                    And Bargs wins out that Catergory.

So I fail to see how Amir and Bargs are the equivalent to Chris Paul vs. Jason Terry.

Notice I pointed that out LONG before you did. Thanks though.

Comment

Ok, so Points - Amir adds +12 to Bargs +8 when considering the adjusted +/- and players on the floor, compared to the Average Baller. Fine.
                      Impact Its not JUST clutch situation. He clearly states it is simply weighted MORE. And it also seems to be VERY telling actually if you look at the players and corresponding Impact stats. Those make sense. Perfect Sense.

So I fail to see how Amir and Bargs are the equivalent to Chris Paul vs. Jason Terry.
                      Wow, that's a good analysis

Comment

2011 is the year. The reign of King Bargs. First will be All Star game, then playoffs. Weems/Peja and Caldy will be traded, and the new era will begin.
                        Wanna bet it won't happen?

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                          I always look forward to Multipaul's posts. Never fails to bring a smile, his blind optimism rubs off after awhile too. Bargs is not Tupac Multipaul, you are.
                          You're Nate Dogg

Comment

Notice I pointed that out LONG before you did. Thanks though.
                            Come on man, you edited your post. You stated, as Multipaul references in one of his replies that I quoted below, that you didn't think the list was made in any specific order:

I agree with Hesketh that Winston doesn't list those guys in any kind of "order" of magnitude.
                            That was the whole reason I made the reply.

Now as for your 'analysis', all you've done is rehash the stats.

The net points that Amir produces on the floor are higher than Bargs by 50%, and considering that the list is made and ordered with that stat in mind as Winston's evidence for which players should be all-stars, it's clearly the most significant stat there. The difference between Paul and Jason terry is 6 points, the difference between Bargs and Amir is 4, hence the 'nearly the equivalent' comment. Maybe a better comparison would have been Millsap and Kevin Durant, except that according to Winston, Millsap is more effective than KD.

As for impact, those stats make perfect sense huh? That DJ Augustin has more of an impact than Kevin Garnet, and that it's not even close? That Paul Millsap has more of an effect than Deron Williams, the guy feeding him the ball and running his team? That Jamaal Crawford has more of an impact than Pau Gasol or Blake Griffin, even though he comes off the bench?

I mean what do guys like Crawford, Terry, Augustin, Devin Harris have in common that gives them such a high impact rating? They take the crunch time shots for their teams. Two of those guys come off the freaking bench, but they all impact a game more than Kevin freaking Garnet?

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                              Wanna bet it won't happen?
                              already did

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...l-Star-in-East

Comment

• Nine New Faces wrote: View Post
                                Come on man, you edited your post. You stated, as Multipaul references in one of his replies that I quoted below, that you didn't think the list was made in any specific order:

That was the whole reason I made the reply.

Now as for your 'analysis', all you've done is rehash the stats.

The net points that Amir produces on the floor are higher than Bargs by 50%, and considering that the list is made and ordered with that stat in mind as Winston's evidence for which players should be all-stars, it's clearly the most significant stat there. The difference between Paul and Jason terry is 6 points, the difference between Bargs and Amir is 4, hence the 'nearly the equivalent' comment. Maybe a better comparison would have been Millsap and Kevin Durant, except that according to Winston, Millsap is more effective than KD.

As for impact, those stats make perfect sense huh? That DJ Augustin has more of an impact than Kevin Garnet, and that it's not even close? That Paul Millsap has more of an effect than Deron Williams, the guy feeding him the ball and running his team? That Jamaal Crawford has more of an impact than Pau Gasol or Blake Griffin, even though he comes off the bench?

I mean what do guys like Crawford, Terry, Augustin, Devin Harris have in common that gives them such a high impact rating? They take the crunch time shots for their teams. Two of those guys come off the freaking bench, but they all impact a game more than Kevin freaking Garnet?
                                I didn't change ANYTHING in my posts dude. I stated that fact earlier.
                                Then I simply spelt it all out agaain, a bit easier and clearer this time, because I really want to figure out this Chris Paul v. Jason Terry reference you made. Its fascinating.
                                So you were ONLY making the comparison based ONE catergory.
                                Fine. I concede.
                                Based on a 6 (or 4 depends which pair you're looking at) point contribution, from catergory in this RIDICULOUS article, Amir Johnson vs. Andrea Bargnani is NEARLY EQUIVALENT to comparing Chris Paul vs. Jason Terry. Commendable Analytical skills. Whether its Millsap vs. KD or the other, all you are doing is taking ONE catergory and finding two guys that are seperated by numbers. Big F'in deal.
                                Last edited by Joey; Tue Feb 1, 2011, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X