Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sniper wrote: View Post
    negative aspect: too foul prone (4.3).
    Yep, forgot to mention that, nice one sniper. Some really stupid fouls by Andrea, he's clearly not good with selling stuff to the refs...but don't forget that other teams try to get andrea in foul trouble, he's the main guy after all, gotta learn to adapt to this role asap.

Comment

• Good Post PapiJulio! All these Bargnani haters/losers will be eating their words this season when Bargs takes his game to the next level in part because he's playing for his national team. Wait and see how all these haters/losers pretend they never posted those comments bashing him repeatedly.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        Could be that the Raptors will try and inflate Belinelli's numbers in the early exhibition games and then move him in October.

I don't have sense of whether he stays or goes. We shall see.

That is a fine idea, but wether we do it then or now, just do it

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
          He's talking about this game. The Italians eventually lost against Israel.
          They didnt just lose, they lost by what, 15 or 10...

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            According to that article he is playing center. I wonder if BC and Triano asked Team Italy to do this so that Bargs would continue to get more experience playing center. It wouldn't surprise me given that the Raptors have Johnson and Davis, two young PF regardless of which one eventually winds up starting.
            Remember way back when bargnani would play the 3, bosh 4, and jo 5...they did it for a few games vs the teams with big guys. So interesting how now he almost has to be the soul centre now. IT really shows how bargnani is developing as a C, back then he could shoot but now he can get into the paint, cant wait to see how he will do this season playing lots of minutes at the 5
            Last edited by Red and White; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 09:53 AM.

Comment

• Prime wrote: View Post
              He's talking about this game. The Italians eventually lost against Israel.
              Mamma Mia
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• anybody know exactly what happen to Bellineli and why he's wearing a mask?

Comment

• LorenzoVonMatterhorn wrote: View Post
                  anybody know exactly what happen to Bellineli and why he's wearing a mask?
                  Margo got a small nose fracture in early July during a training session, he keeps saying it's nothing serious.

Comment

• sixtyeight wrote: View Post
                    Margo got a small nose fracture in early July during a training session, he keeps saying it's nothing serious.
                    Yes sir: Some players play with a broken nose and some don't. It is all a matter of preference and pain tolerance to say nothing of competitiveness.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I think that Bargnani will finally get his chance this year. I don't think that the whole "franchise player" tag will affect him, people who followed him in his early years in Italy with Benetton and Italy, will know that he has always been a leader, not only can he score, but he opens spaces and can open his own shot. Bargnani needs to work on his defence and offence in these championships, he should take advantage of the weak defence of the other teams to get stronger and more confident in the post and with his jumper. Last year, many doubted him, and when his shots did not fall, people immediately went against him. He is young, big, athletic, fast and has great ball-handling skills. If he can work on his catch-and-shoot, penetration and post offence, he can easily average over 20 points a game, and those are all abilities which he can improve in, he showed this last year, where he shot alot more in the post, and attacked the rim which he never did the year before. As he is also quite quick compared to most big men, he can also improve alot on the D. He needs to improve post defence, and he has gained over 50 lbs since joining the Raps, and managed to defend quite well, I still remember one of his greatest defensive games against SA, where he closed down Tim Duncan in his specialty, the post. Things that Bargs really needs to improve, but will be alot harder, and will have to work alot more in, is his rebounding and 3. Yes, I know, you guys will be asking why his 3. He has great shooting abilities, his elbow jumper is great one of the best I think. But his three is what bring out the D, it always does, but we need him to score it if he has too, not just bring out the D. He can potentially hit 150 3s on 40% if he works hard, because he gets the free jumper alot. If he becomes a great shooter, then we have a potential All-star. On the other hand, his rebounding will never be great. But he can rebound, he has hops and strength, he doesn't have that, I'm not sure what to call it, well he doesn't have the rebounding instinct. So, I think that even if he isn't a great rebounder, as long as he becomes incredible on the offence (which I think he can), and defends better (which I also think he can) then the Raps have hope, with a young core, Raps aren't as bad as it seems.

Comment

• Is Bargnani The Worst Rebounding 7 Footer In The History Of The NBA?

More stats
                        ------------

Query 1946-47 - 2009-10

All players 6'11" or more
                        Total Career Minutes equal to or greater than 8,700
                        Career Rebounds per 36 minutes equal to or less than 6.0

Got one player. Guess who

Andrea

Now wait just a minute.

8700 is too high

lets lower it to career minutes equal to or greater than 5,000

That's better, I got two players

Career Rebounds per 36 minutes

Bargnani----6.0
                        B. Sellers---5.4

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l=&order_by=ws

So it appears that Bargnani is not the worst rebounding 7 footer in NBA history.

Thank goodness

I lowered it even more to career minutes equal to or less than 3,000

Added one more player

Jonathan Bender who is listed at only 6'11" has a career rebounding rate per 36 minutes the same as Sellers at 5.4

So it looks like Bargnani brings home the bronze in this one

P.S. lowering the height to 6'10" or greater the count goes up to 13 players in NBA history who have played at least 3,000 career minutes and have averaged fewer rebounds per 36 minutes than Bargnani.

Comment

• Wait, is this good news or bad news?
                          "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• What he lacks in rebounding, he make up in scoring. I have a feeling that both those numbers are going up this year...

Comment

• lol calm the fuck down buddy not even close 6 rbg isnt that bad *violation*
                              Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 15, 2010, 09:45 AM. Reason: WARNING! Insulting other member( s) is a severe violation of forum rules

Comment

• Can anyone explain how Dirk incorporates a 3point game into his offence and yet is also a good rebounder (offensive and defensive). I mean I see how bargs 3 point tendencies kill his positioning to get rebounds (always on the perimeter).

In no way am I trying to compare Bargs to Dirk, (god knows you've been there before) , just wondering.
                                What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Working...
                                X