Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    You guys get paid?! hahah
    Arm-wrestling, eh? Anything like 'Over the Top' with Sly Stallone? That movie is epic.
    The only thing over the top here is the Bargnani craze.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      Aafter looking at the crowd yesterday I would say that the most jerseys i saw were bosh jerseys, followed by Bargs, followed by Dero, followed by Vince.
      Last edited by Multipaul; Thu Feb 17, 2011, 06:00 PM.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        38 points is certainly uncommon and not to be expected every night. With that said, how Bargnani played last night and how Amir and Davis played (11 and 13 rebs) is what makes me curious about the future of the Raps WITH Bargnani. A defensive minded, rebounding SF makes things very interesting, IMO.

The guy only had 4 rebounds but, as this point has been mentioned many times, if a team is getting 40 rebounds a game and 25 are coming from the front line, who cares if 5 are from the C, 12 from the PF and 8 from the SF or if 12 come from C, 8 from PF, and 5 from SF.
        Defense has to come from everyone, though. Especially those on your front line. You can conceivably make up for his poor rebounding numbers (although I'd debate that), but you can't make up for him being a liability on the defensive end.

If he scored 30 or more on a consistent basis, then I can see thinking about a future with him. But he doesn't.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

gotta agree.. the bargs hate goes overboard.. im a big fan of everything getting dumped into this mega-thread.. for those of us who are sorta in the middle of the whole pro-bargs/anti-bargs argument, the board was getting ridiculous with the amount of either unrequited fan love or vitriolic haterade

its tough to be the middle ground on the argument here... try to big up bargs, the haters jump down your throat... be critical of bargs, the fan boys jump down your throat... and when the board was dominated with the two extremes, i kinda preferred going into that miscellaneous german forum

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            Defense has to come from everyone, though. Especially those on your front line. You can conceivably make up for his poor rebounding numbers (although I'd debate that), but you can't make up for him being a liability on the defensive end.

If he scored 30 or more on a consistent basis, then I can see thinking about a future with him. But he doesn't.
            Good points. But I'm not ready to throw him to the trash heap just yet.

Next year at the trade deadline could very well be a different story.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
              It's tough for some posters guys. Alot of us like Bargs. Now most of the moderators are advocates of trading him or belittling him in all of your posts.

That doesn't really create a welcome environment for new posters who might get turned off by the hate-on for their fav player.

FYI, after looking at the crowd yesterday I would say that the most jerseys i saw were bosh jerseys, followed by Bargs, followed by Dero, followed by Vince.

Alot of people like Bargs, if moderators that hate bargs are calling the shots, what is the point?

Maybe this should be in a diff forum, I dunno, it has to do with Bargnani though.
              Multipaul,

You know this isn't the location for it. You know the appropriate location for it. You already have a thread there at your disposal even:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...Thread-Merging

heinz57 wrote: View Post
              gotta agree.. the bargs hate goes overboard.. im a big fan of everything getting dumped into this mega-thread.. for those of us who are sorta in the middle of the whole pro-bargs/anti-bargs argument, the board was getting ridiculous with the amount of either unrequited fan love or vitriolic haterade

its tough to be the middle ground on the argument here... try to big up bargs, the haters jump down your throat... be critical of bargs, the fan boys jump down your throat... and when the board was dominated with the two extremes, i kinda preferred going into that miscellaneous german forum
              I meant it in a light hearted way. There has never been a Raptor that has been so loved and disliked at the same time.

Comment

Multipaul,

You know this isn't the location for it. You know the appropriate location for it.
                Ur right, I just fixed my original post to take out the stuff that belongs elsewhere.

Comment

• I love how

When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened. Wow, Bargnani is was to under appreaciated and I hate to say this but Toronto Fans (specfically the ones on this site) don't deserve you Andrea.

His play speaks for itself so I don't need to defend him, just want to point out how delusional fans and media are towards Andrea... the ones who even mention him in the same sentence as players such as ed davis and amir johnshon no offense to both those players there serviceable players, but lets be real! Plus some of the articles Iv read about him make me wonder if these writers even require any qualifactions before they can write such garbage opinions.

PS I hope Andrea plays like shit the rest of the way ONLY because you fans derseve it.. Lets be real its what you expect anyway.

End of rant!

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                    When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened. Wow, Bargnani is was to under appreaciated and I hate to say this but Toronto Fans (specfically the ones on this site) don't deserve you Andrea.

His play speaks for itself so I don't need to defend him, just want to point out how delusional fans and media are towards Andrea... the ones who even mention him in the same sentence as players such as ed davis and amir johnshon no offense to both those players there serviceable players, but lets be real! Plus some of the articles Iv read about him make me wonder if these writers even require any qualifactions before they can write such garbage opinions.

PS I hope Andrea plays like shit the rest of the way ONLY because you fans derseve it.. Lets be real its what you expect anyway.

End of rant!
                    please prove your point, otherwise we have nothing to trade except insults (ie. wow too lazy to prove evidence, just like your favorite player go blow yourself)

and i have a question for you? do you care more about the team or andrea b/c your last sentence there makes me think the latter.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
                      When Bargnani has an off night, this board is filled with Bargnani hate, however when he has an amazing game its as if the game never happened.

End of rant!
                      its really simple why you see this.

first we are on the east coast so the long time basketball fans that visit this forum have probably grew up on new york, Detroit, and big 10 basketball games which have a long history of tough defense. That history shapes alot of peoples views, with that in mind we as a fan base naturally expect defense because defense wins championships so when a player like bargnani only plays the offensive side of the ball has a bad game that makes him useless because he plays next to no D. The educated fan understands his limitations and likes what he does when he is on but wants defense first and foremost. So to answer your question bargnani is a player that is not loved but tolerated.
                      Last edited by grindhouse; Fri Feb 18, 2011, 04:13 AM.

Comment

• Uhm...go check the roll call, then the rapcast post by arsenalist...all your "bargnani hate" is over there. there's no reason to repost all of that stuff again in the forums.

and it's not hate for the guy...i'm sure he's a great guy, probably more of a leader than bosh was, but dude's defense is still atrocious and something you can't look over for a number 1 pick. I'm sorry, but, if you're a number 1 pick, the effort is always expected to be there, with all players, from olajuwon to olawokandi, on defense AND offense.

lastly, please stop with these i love posts, because i HATE how fans on either side bring up this bs topic whenever they feel like their player had a good game. you know what takes real balls? to come out and make a post like this when you're fav player has a shitty night. come out and justify WHY your player had a shitty night on defense and or offense.

let's try to keep this forum a bit more intelligent guys.

Comment

• How does this not belong in the bargs thread?

Comment

• And he didn't have a great game, he had a great scoring game. He actually shot a decent percentage for a center who is 41st among forwards/centers in the league for FG%. Add that to inept defense, a whopping 4 rebounds, at least one of which actually fell into his hands instead of him doing anything...great game? I don't think so. Scored a lot yes. But as I put in the post game, where it was said it was a blowout without him - I don't see it. Put in someone who played defense, hit the boards and scored at a lower rate (he did take 26 shots) with others taking the shots, it makes it a different game.

Take off the blinders and watch the entire game, not just one end of the court.

Comment

• I love how Bargnani supporters write this crap to give the bargnani haters a reason to talk.... leave it be. please just leave it be.

I dont know why every day it seems like we need to revisit the same damn facts, Can score the shit out of the basketball, cant rebound , cant defend, Nowitzki lite etc, etc etc....

Can everyone just let it go.

Comment

• Is this the biggest thread ever on RR?

Comment

Working...
                                X