No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dude, lighten up. It's not like he eats babies.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Did you just tell yourself to lighten up? hahah

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Did you just tell yourself to lighten up? hahah
        That was exactly what I was going to ask!!
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Yeah, that was some schizo stuff right there

Comment

• bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
            Dude, lighten up. It's not like he eats babies.
            Maxiel eats babies

Comment

I stand behind what I wrote last night, but it seemed a bit harsh in the light of day.
              “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Code:
                Andrea Bargnani  33 PT  8-15 FG  15-18 FT  2-2 3P  3/2 RB  5 AS  0 BL  0 ST  3 TO  3 PF  41 MN   (Final, Wizards)
                Jumpshooter, eh?

Comment

• DeMar DeRozan, SG 37 11-15 0-1 8-9 1 2 3 1 2 0 1 3 +24 30pts

DD was 11/15. AB was 8/15
                  DD was +24. AB was +17
                  DD with 3 Rebs. AB with 3 Rebs.

Comment

• For me, the rebounds are no longer a shock nor worth the time to vent on no matter how ridiculous.

Focusing on the positive, I was impressed with the 5 assists.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      What do you mean there's no good reason he won't average 7-8 rebounds a game next year? He's averaged about the same amount of rebounds per minute since his rookie season. Why on earth would that suddenly jump? And that jump would be, at the very least, a 27% jump in his rebounding numbers! And that's just to get to 7. And that's for a guy who has averaged between 5.5 and 6.3 rebounds per 36 minutes his entire career. Logically (and realistically) there is no reason that next year is going to be any different from the previous 5 seasons.
                      First of all, yes I saw the game last night....3 rebounds and only 1 DEFENSIVE REBOUND in 41 minutes....LOL and WTF

But I thought of another way to explain why I still think he will have 7 Rebs a game next year (if he plays the same number of minutes):

7 is the number I figure that anyone can get playing heavy minutes at centre. It is the number of balls that just basically come to you. Currently, for whatever reason, he is not even getting the freebies out there. How else do you explain 1 defensive rebound in 41 minutes yesterday? ONE!!! Seriously, somone explain that without including something that translates to "because he is an idiot".

See, if he was already averaging 7, I would not say he is due to "average 8.5 next year!". But to go from 5.5 to 7 is much easier because he is doing something really stupid out there, and his numbers will look a better when he stops doing it. (Again, notice I said numbers)

Remember there was a time when he was a foul machine, he would pick up 5 fouls in like 10 minutes. Also there was a time every drive from the 3 pt line would be a travel or charge in the lane.

Ok, now having said that, at the end of the day I'm not a stats guy. I think this whole discussion actually highlites how empty stats can be sometimes. Its not like Im going to be "impressed" when he starts getting 7, Im saying anyone could/should get that. Ultimately, I think he is not a good starting centre because he does not protect the rim in a meaningful way, has poor rotations, does not foul people around the rim, etc. And this is definitely much harder to correct.

I have no doubt that he will start pulling down the minimum rebounds that a centre should get if he keeps getting starters minutes, because now its just gotten ridiculous.

However, I am going to be interested in seeing whether the Raps organization actually thinks he is a long-term solution at centre. There are 3 things I am going to be looking at this summer:

1) Exit interviews - I think those end of the season press-conference style media scrums are actually pretty interesting. I want to see if Bargs has been told something like "rebound or else", "improve on defense or else". Bascially, I want to know if the message has been given to him that his offense alone wont keep him a starter. So I look forward to Triano and Bargs end of season interviews.

2) Draft - If the Raps draft 5-7, I could see them picking one of the two solid centres out there (Kanter and Valanciunas) as the best player available. However, If the Raps draft at like 3-4 and still pick one of those guys, I think that could be a big signal as to what they think of Bargs. Even more extreme, what if they drafted Valanciunas at 2 as DX has him rated? That would obviously be a big insight into their feelings of Bargs.

3) Next training camp - At this time we will know for sure (problem is that this is so far away and could even be 2 years away if there is a lockout). If Triano (or whoever is coaching) says that Bargs is basically the starter going into the season. Then look forward to more of the same, but with as I said at least minimum rebounds for a centre. But I think its possible that they say even the centre spot is up for grabs. And if Bargs role is changed to first big off the bench, I think that will be the route his career will take.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                        It is the number of balls that just basically come to you.
                        Can't....contain....joke...
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          Can't....contain....joke...
                          yes, Bargs needs to get his hands on two more balls a game....what?

I dont think it will be a problem because he definitely has the body for it.

He sure is long enough.

Comment

• Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
                            First of all, yes I saw the game last night....3 rebounds and only 1 DEFENSIVE REBOUND in 41 minutes....LOL and WTF

But I thought of another way to explain why I still think he will have 7 Rebs a game next year (if he plays the same number of minutes):

7 is the number I figure that anyone can get playing heavy minutes at centre. It is the number of balls that just basically come to you. Currently, for whatever reason, he is not even getting the freebies out there. How else do you explain 1 defensive rebound in 41 minutes yesterday? ONE!!! Seriously, somone explain that without including something that translates to "because he is an idiot".

See, if he was already averaging 7, I would not say he is due to "average 8.5 next year!". But to go from 5.5 to 7 is much easier because he is doing something really stupid out there, and his numbers will look a better when he stops doing it. (Again, notice I said numbers)

Remember there was a time when he was a foul machine, he would pick up 5 fouls in like 10 minutes. Also there was a time every drive from the 3 pt line would be a travel or charge in the lane.

Ok, now having said that, at the end of the day I'm not a stats guy. I think this whole discussion actually highlites how empty stats can be sometimes. Its not like Im going to be "impressed" when he starts getting 7, Im saying anyone could/should get that. Ultimately, I think he is not a good starting centre because he does not protect the rim in a meaningful way, has poor rotations, does not foul people around the rim, etc. And this is definitely much harder to correct.

I have no doubt that he will start pulling down the minimum rebounds that a centre should get if he keeps getting starters minutes, because now its just gotten ridiculous.

However, I am going to be interested in seeing whether the Raps organization actually thinks he is a long-term solution at centre. There are 3 things I am going to be looking at this summer:

1) Exit interviews - I think those end of the season press-conference style media scrums are actually pretty interesting. I want to see if Bargs has been told something like "rebound or else", "improve on defense or else". Bascially, I want to know if the message has been given to him that his offense alone wont keep him a starter. So I look forward to Triano and Bargs end of season interviews.

2) Draft - If the Raps draft 5-7, I could see them picking one of the two solid centres out there (Kanter and Valanciunas) as the best player available. However, If the Raps draft at like 3-4 and still pick one of those guys, I think that could be a big signal as to what they think of Bargs. Even more extreme, what if they drafted Valanciunas at 2 as DX has him rated? That would obviously be a big insight into their feelings of Bargs.

3) Next training camp - At this time we will know for sure (problem is that this is so far away and could even be 2 years away if there is a lockout). If Triano (or whoever is coaching) says that Bargs is basically the starter going into the season. Then look forward to more of the same, but with as I said at least minimum rebounds for a centre. But I think its possible that they say even the centre spot is up for grabs. And if Bargs role is changed to first big off the bench, I think that will be the route his career will take.
                            In my opinion, i reckon Triano has designated others players to rebound while Bargs is on the court, Triano may tell him not to focus on rebounding so he complements him by putting Reggie there specifically to rebound.(you see reggie hustling so much that he even steals teamates rebounds, this easily shows his one and only job designated by Triano)

You'll notice in games, a rebound is there for Bargnanis taking, but he will ignore it and another team mate will collect it, so it seems as if he either is very lazy, and just thinks others will clean it up, or he knows that guys like Reggie and davis job is to rebound so he leaves them to catch it. He wont be worried about a single stat, and he would be retarded to have no idea that he garners sooo much hate for not rebounding, he and Triano both know that. So placing a specialty rebounder with him, takes away added energy expendature from Bargs, that he uses more on the offensive side (he has been driving to the basket and drawing alot of fouls lately, maybe because he doesnt use much defensive wise?)
                            hopefuly I dont sound retarded aha

Churr

Comment

• The Rawth wrote: View Post
                              In my opinion, i reckon Triano has designated others players to rebound while Bargs is on the court, Triano may tell him not to focus on rebounding so he complements him by putting Reggie there specifically to rebound.(you see reggie hustling so much that he even steals teamates rebounds, this easily shows his one and only job designated by Triano)

You'll notice in games, a rebound is there for Bargnanis taking, but he will ignore it and another team mate will collect it, so it seems as if he either is very lazy, and just thinks others will clean it up, or he knows that guys like Reggie and davis job is to rebound so he leaves them to catch it. He wont be worried about a single stat, and he would be retarded to have no idea that he garners sooo much hate for not rebounding, he and Triano both know that. So placing a specialty rebounder with him, takes away added energy expendature from Bargs, that he uses more on the offensive side (he has been driving to the basket and drawing alot of fouls lately, maybe because he doesnt use much defensive wise?)
                              hopefuly I dont sound retarded aha

Churr
                              No I agree, see I dont know exactly what it is, but I agree that it is some kind of weird intangible reason that is making Bargs rebounding numbers more pathetic than they need to be....

But I think whatever it is that is happening here is going to stop going forward. I realize that Bargs isn't about his stats but he shouldn't be "anti-stats" either, thats just stupid. And the coaching staff has to realize that this kind of insane system cant be any more efficient than everyone just grabbing the boards they should be grabbing.

If Bargs keeps getting starters minutes I think his rebounding numbers will rise to just being "bad"... rather than historically bad and far away the worst in the league (as they currently are).

Comment

• Mark it on your calendar as this is one for the record books:

Sunday, March 20, 2011
                                TOR vs OKC
                                44secs left in first half

ANDREA BARGNANI OFFENSIVE REBOUND PUTBACK!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X