• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bloodyhandedgod wrote: View Post
    DeMar DeRozan, SG 37 11-15 0-1 8-9 1 2 3 1 2 0 1 3 +24 30pts

DD was 11/15. AB was 8/15
    DD was +24. AB was +17
    DD with 3 Rebs. AB with 3 Rebs.
    This comparison is interesting but somewhat meaningless.

Bargs is double teamed, DD isn't.

Bargs is often dished the ball in low shot clock scenarios to make the 'clutch' play, DD isn't.

Context adds more relevance, or lack of relevance, to these figures.

Comment

• SI slams Andrea Bargnani...Enjoy!!!

Toronto Raptors (20-50)

Soft is too kind a word for the indifference Andrea Bargnani displays as the man he is supposedly guarding glides past him for a layup. The most frequently used five-man lineups in Toronto pair the 7-foot Bargnani with a rugged power forward, usually Amir Johnson or Reggie Evans. But that isn't enough to prevent the Raptors from yielding the most points in the paint in the NBA. Toronto permits the most attempts and the most conversions of shots at the rim and it allows the highest percentage of conversions on shots from 3-9 feet. Bargnani doesn't exactly strive to prevent this -- his foul rate is the lowest of his career, and his negative impact on the Raptors' defensive efficiency is the highest on the team, according to Basketball Value. That he is under contract at a higher salary and a longer period of time than anyone on the roster bodes ill for Toronto's future.

P.S

I realize there is thread everything about andrea..and if the moderator want's 2 move it..go ahead it's cool...but this thread is about one of the biggest sports media in states SI basicaly saying what I and every freakin fan of raptors have been sayin since the day of Time...ANDREA SUCKS BALLS...

Cheers...
      Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Tue Mar 22, 2011, 10:52 PM. Reason: grammar
      "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
      My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Does anyone one have a PER link for players and player combinations on the floor at the same time?

As for AB, the ones who want him to stay believe that, in a better environment, he will improve. Most likely because what he is doing now is indefensible. Literally. Do I hold out hope for him? No. He will never be an effective defender? Not even passable. Defense comes from need and desire to stop his opponent. When has he even showed that he cared?
        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
          This comparison is interesting but somewhat meaningless.

Bargs is double teamed, DD isn't.

Bargs is often dished the ball in low shot clock scenarios to make the 'clutch' play, DD isn't.

Context adds more relevance, or lack of relevance, to these figures.
          What is it about AB that you defend so resolutely?

Any Raptor fan would like nothing better than to see AB round out his game. We are not expecting a shocking defensive improvement, simple competence would be fine. But how can you watch him play and find it unacceptable what he does on half of the floor? We are all almost shell shocked by what he is doing and you are generally accepting of it. Please explain.

Heck, I could use some sort of way in dealing with this.
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• I would like a second first round lottery pick for bargnani!

Comment

• That would be quite the scenario if we traded Barg for a second high lottery pick. say if we draft Barnes with the first one, then kanter the second one. we might have something that resembles a good team later on down the road:
              1. Jose/ Bayless
              2. Demar/
              3. Barnes/ James Johnson
              4. Ed Davis/ Amir
              5. Kanter/ Ajinca

Offensively we should be able to compensate for the lost of Barg, as both Barnes/ Kanter are solid offensive players, factor in Demar's progression in the second year, which led me to believe he will be even better in 3rd year.
              Defensively we also improves because both draftees are good defensive player, Kanter also provide that "muscle" that's been lacking with the raps.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                I would like a second first round lottery pick for bargnani!
                +1. If BC's back however, it will never happen. Never.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• bigmanshaq wrote: View Post
                  That would be quite the scenario if we traded Barg for a second high lottery pick. say if we draft Barnes with the first one, then kanter the second one. we might have something that resembles a good team later on down the road:
                  1. Jose/ Bayless
                  2. Demar/
                  3. Barnes/ James Johnson
                  4. Ed Davis/ Amir
                  5. Kanter/ Ajinca

Offensively we should be able to compensate for the lost of Barg, as both Barnes/ Kanter are solid offensive players, factor in Demar's progression in the second year, which led me to believe he will be even better in 3rd year.
                  Defensively we also improves because both draftees are good defensive player, Kanter also provide that "muscle" that's been lacking with the raps.
                  But ti comes back to the same thing, you need some veterans in the mix. You cannot go forward with a starting lineup of possible talents. It fails in this league unless you have names like Durant and Westbrook. We light have one, but not the other. Yet.

Comment

• grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I would like a second first round lottery pick for bargnani!
                    I think we can do better, 7-12 pick in the 1st round perhaps.
                    "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                      Uh kinda what grindhouse was saying.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                        That is what he said.
                        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Whoops, Malenko beat me to it.

However much I like my opinion backed up, it can't be good that his incompetence on the defensive end of the floor is becoming so well known. On one hand, it might make Colangelo finally realize trading him is the best thing for the franchise, but on the other hand, it might make trading him that much more difficult.

On a side note, does Bargnani remind you of climate change? Sure, there are still climate change deniers out there, but it's become pretty impossible for a reasonably thinking person to ignore the overwhelming amount of evidence.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• very original post! No link to article either! I thought these posts go with the other 89000 bargs hatin posts in 'everything bargnani'. Btw SI hates every player not named kobe, wade, or lebron. You should read the ish theyve written about bosh, carter, mcgrady, stoudemire, and other raps. In a nutshell SI dont like the Raps. Keep ur head up, stay positive kid, drink some gatorade

Comment

• ps...amir...a 'rugged' power forward, lmao!! Thats as good as that 'demar jordan' post from yesterday lmao

Comment

• im not defending bargs, i pointed out ur comparison was stastically flawed, that is all. Do i think ab should reb more? Yes. Should amir foul less? Yes. Should demar chuck less? Yes. You get the point.

Comment

Working...
                                X