Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bargnani-haters REJOICE!

"Whether it's D'Antoni or Triano, the Raptors want to build around rookie big-man Ed Davis and second-year guard DeMar DeRozan. They're said to be open to moving Andrea Bargnani, who has been anything but an impact player since entering the league in 2007 as the No. 1 overall pick." New York Daily News
    This is from HoopsHype.com. However when you click the link, it shows up Page Not Found.

OH, CANADA!
    Despite Toronto losing Chris Bosh and making little progress this season, team president Bryan Colangelo is returning to run the team, according the several league sources. That could be good news for D'Antoni, whose offense has been a bad fit for Anthony.

D'Antoni, who worked under Colangelo in Phoenix, might be out of a job if Walsh leaves the Knicks at season's end. For now, the Raptors plan to bring back coach Jay Triano, despite their awful season. But if D'Antoni becomes available, Triano could be jettisoned. Whether it's D'Antoni or Triano, the Raptors want to build around rookie big-man Ed Davis and second-year guard DeMar DeRozan. They're said to be open to moving Andrea Bargnani, who has been anything but an impact player since entering the league in 2007 as the No. 1 overall pick. ...

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/ba...#ixzz1HnyAIPOi
    Link found.

Comment

• Good news about bargnani but I don't like hearing triano maybe back.

Comment

• This is very good news if the source is correct, I would love to see this team build around Davis,Derozen and this years draft pick. If BC does live up to his mistake and trade Bargs, he could be at his peak value in the summer BC should make the move to grab a player who will compliment Derozen and Davis equally along with this years draft pick.

As for D'Antoni to be honest I would not be to happy with it. He runs a simimular offence as JT with a little better defence, but honestly they both have the same school of thought. I would like to see a new brand of basketball in Toronto, a brand that plays defence aswell as offence.

Comment

• I would rather it said BUILD WITH, not around Ed and DeMAr.
          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• So in essence it's like saying: "Get ready Canada! In the next few years you will be seeing...well...more of the same."

What would be the difference with D'Antoni and Triano? They both only really care about offense. Good news on the Bargnani one though. AT LEAST they are finally considering it. As for Ed and DeMar...I don't really think they are the "building around" type of guys. They are more complementary pieces than anything, and right now they aren't even legit starters (yet).

Comment

• We have progress, JT and AB need to pack their belongings and ship out come offseason. I think BC has been browsing the forums for ideas.
              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• This all seems like fine news. No AB. No Triano. I'm all for it.
                Last edited by bloodyhandedgod; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:57 AM.
                “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• *dances wildly*

OH YEAH.
                  Last edited by bloodyhandedgod; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 11:57 AM.
                  “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Everything sounded great until they said that D'Antoni may be taking over.

Also, this thread shouldn't be called "Bargnani-Haters rejoice" but rather "Basketball fans rejoice"
                    Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 12:50 PM.

Comment

• Ed and DeMar are excellent building blocks. I think they can land a very nice PG or wing for Bargnani. This draft is loaded with bigs and so we all need to start looking at them because where the Raptors are probably picking, chances are there's a new lottery big man heading to Toronto.

Comment

• I noticed there's a lot of PF's in the draft, but it's pretty weak on legit Centres...do we really need another PF?

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                          I noticed there's a lot of PF's in the draft, but it's pretty weak on legit Centres...do we really need another PF?
                          Not certainly one of our needs right now.

Comment

• Please no D'Antoni. His teams can win a lot of games in regular season but fizzle out in playoffs. You can never win a championship with his brand of basketball which is pretty the Jay triano type of basketball, but on steroids.
                            "Stay steamy"

- Kobe

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                              I noticed there's a lot of PF's in the draft, but it's pretty weak on legit Centres...do we really need another PF?
                              I notice how there are two high talent guys in the top ten who are centers. Jonas Valanciunas and Enes Canter.

hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                              Please no D'Antoni. His teams can win a lot of games in regular season but fizzle out in playoffs. You can never win a championship with his brand of basketball which is pretty the Jay triano type of basketball, but on steroids.
                              Guys, stop the dreaming. What coach who won a championship is available? That "Triano on steroids" comment is way off. If they can land D'Antoni then that's a big upgrade regardless of the fact that he's not defensive minded. He almost got a team to the show but it's not even about that. This club probably isn't going to be ready to battle for championships until three to five years down the road if things go right. If they bring in D'Antoni I won't be broken up over it. You have right there a highly respected coach who's had a lot of success in the NBA and overseas. After going through Triano, Mitchell, O'Neil and Wilkens(at the end of the road) I don't think we're in any place to be sticking our noses up at Mike D'Antoni. He's a far better coach than any of those guys. The only coach I've seen in Toronto better than him is Butch Carter and they threw Butch under the bus and drug his name through the mud over a decade ago.

Comment

• Yea I would say our most lacking positions right now are Centre, followed by either PG or SF. We have James Johnson now, but I don't think he's a future starter. Then again anything is possible. Our PG has a few more years left in the tank but he's once again insisting on playing for Spain, so we could be looking at another injury-riddled season next year. I say go with best available player, and if we draft somebody we don't need try to swing a trade for something we do need.
                                Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X