Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• malefax wrote: View Post
    What ever else you can say about AB, he absolutely runs the floor. He gets transition layups, dunks, and three-pointers. Obviously the wings are more the main point of our transition game, but Bargs plays his part. And D'Antoni's system relies on having lots of 3-point threats. Bargs is a fit in that respect as well.

But then, you (GarbageTime) think bargs is MLSE's biggest mistake, so we shouldn't be expecting reasonable analysis.
    AB is much more versitle and better fit for DAntoni's system than Amir is , especially when you have Ed on the floor as well. There is only few number of pick and rolls or Ally Oops that you can throw and Amir and Ed will be overlapping with one another.

Comment

• malefax wrote: View Post
      What ever else you can say about AB, he absolutely runs the floor. He gets transition layups, dunks, and three-pointers. Obviously the wings are more the main point of our transition game, but Bargs plays his part. And D'Antoni's system relies on having lots of 3-point threats. Bargs is a fit in that respect as well.

But then, you (GarbageTime) think bargs is MLSE's biggest mistake, so we shouldn't be expecting reasonable analysis.
      when you watch a game with the blinders off, you realize this is untrue. He may score in transition as the trailer... but not as the one in up the floor.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
        When a roster is constructed that fits D'Antoni's system, his teams have been successful, and by successful I mean Slighty above average in defensive rating. The roster in NY is nothing like what he worked with in PHX and it does not suit the team moving forward. BC and MD'A need each other right now.

"but isnt he the quintessential DAntoni player?"

I disagree. Bargnani can shoot but he lacks the explosiveness and athleticism seen in D'Antoni typical starting big men and ruggedness of bench big men.
        Yep. Bye.
        “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• I wonder if his 0 rebounds might have something to do with the bone spurs in his ankle that caused him to miss the clippers game on the very next day.

Nah, that would make too much sense.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            AB for the price we are paying, is a great offensive player, Average one on one defender and a weak team defender. In a right system, he will take the next step and will blossom to his potential.

I am actually hoping that he be moved so Raptor fans once again see the danger of falling for scrubs and pushing the stars out of their city. Last year Bosh, this year is AB.
            No one pushed Bosh. He jumped.
            After this year AB does not look like he will ever be an All Star. Certainly not ours. Our team has too much now invested in PF's. We need a real Centre.
            “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

Again, you guys are jumping up and down without realizing the real talent the same way you did for James Johnson or Bayless.

No one denys that Ed Davis is a great player. I am actually advocating moving Amir because Ed will be a head and shoulder above him next season. BUT Ed is not a center player to a winning team. He is just a small part of puzzle. Same goes to DD. They are good to great player to have in a a team but not what a team should be build around.

You build a team around Natural born leaders, a real star and then you use the guys like Davis and DD to complement him.
              Look at Chicago Bulls, they did not build the team around Noah. They build it around Rose and used players like Noah to complement it.
              Jumping up and down for a prospected top five pick in 2009 who slipped to 13 in 2010? I guess so. Jj or Bayless are not in the same class of prospect as ED is and I have never said they were.

I for one have never said Ed is a C.

Ed, AB, DD are all pieces. None of them are franchise players.

Thanks for the tutorial on building a winning team. Question for you: who was drafted first, Noah or Rose? You build a team around what you have and hope to get as lucky to go from 9 to 1st overall in a draft with a franchise PG.

Comment

This is big mistake !! Neither Ed or DD are the type of Players that you focus your rebuilding process around. They are just nice player to have just like AB is. AB provides the void and the gap that is in the ED's offensive game.

I think Jay and BC are looking for escape goat and AB is that person which they can use to blame the defensive woes on.
                No one's building 'around' Ed Davis, Amir Johnson and Demar Derozan. They are however the type of young complementary players you want to build 'with'. We'll be building around hopefully two top picks in the next two drafts.

Bargnani had his chance, and he blew it. Now he's just a borderline toxic contract. Let's hope Demar doesn't blow the opportunity either.

Comment

• hotfuzz wrote: View Post
                  Please no D'Antoni. His teams can win a lot of games in regular season but fizzle out in playoffs. You can never win a championship with his brand of basketball which is pretty the Jay triano type of basketball, but on steroids.
                  D'Antoni's Phoenix teams went to two Western Conference finals and only bad luck (Amare's knee, Johnson's face, and the NBA suspension gods) kept them from the finals. To say D'Antoni's teams fizzled in the playoffs is ludicrous. To compare D'Antoni to Triano is an even more egregious insult. Lots of great teams and great coaches never win titles, it doesn't mean D'Antoni wouldn't be a huge upgrade over what the Raps have now.

Comment

• Best part of this article if it's true is the building around Demar and Ed. Two guys in their Rookie and Sophmore years who are both already showing all-star potential. One is fourth among all rookies in rpg with all the guys ahead of him paying significantly more minutes, 3rd in blocks, and fourth in Eff/48 while the other is third among all sophomores in ppg. For guys saying you can't build around these two, they are both starting to look like they will be very good payers in this league and if you got the right pieces for a Bargs trade, this is a playoff team next season.
                    "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

• DAntoni?
                      LOL

Demar as #1 option?
                      LMFAO! If that's what we're planing we're screwed. Demar has potential but he's shown no signs he can handle double teams. Just go look at the games where bargs wasn't playing.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        DAntoni?
                        LOL

Demar as #1 option?
                        LMFAO! If that's what we're planing we're screwed. Demar has potential but he's shown no signs he can handle double teams. Just go look at the games where bargs wasn't playing.
                        Its his second year.

Comment

AB for the price we are paying, is a great offensive player, Average one on one defender and a weak team defender. In a right system, he will take the next step and will blossom to his potential.

I am actually hoping that he be moved so Raptor fans once again see the danger of falling for scrubs and pushing the stars out of their city. Last year Bosh, this year is AB.
                          Keep dreaming, AB is a scrub. He couldn't defend a snail moving in slow motion. I'd rather have a team full of your so called "scrubs"than a team with AB in it.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                            Jumping up and down for a prospected top five pick in 2009 who slipped to 13 in 2010? .
                            Damn, you are such a simpleton Pal. He slipped in 2009 draft from top five to 13 and then keep on slipping further in the Bulls, so bad that a guy who was picked 26 was played over him.

Then his slippage continued till he found himself in the D-League, ridding bus from a City to City and not getting even 5 minutes in NBA. Damn, that is a good reason to be excited about.

Come on Pal, you don't believe the stuff you write here , do you ?

Comment

• I want a first round lottery draft pick in this years draft or next years, I don't see any players in the league now that I would trade for. If we can package klieza and bayless in there that will be great

Comment

• you people amaze me.. most of Ed's points were open dunks. I wonder how many points andrea would average is he was left THAT wide open on the offensive end. Nothing against Davis hes a solid player but you just can't compare the two. Teams consider Davis a liability on the offensive end, until he proves otherwise he'll keep getting open dunks. The problem wll occur when teams actually decide to focus on him.
                                Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Sun Mar 27, 2011, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X