Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bargs will get traded, Raps will have no offense and you guys will all whine and bitch about how our team sucks and we shouldve kept Bargs.

Then, Bargs will light us up and humiliate us every time we play against him.

Haters gone hate.
    Multipaul I was really looking forward to your opinion on my post, but i'm a bit disappointed by your response. if anything i think i give bargs the benefit of the doubt when it comes to interpreting the stats. Do you disagree with my assessment that he should be viewed as the 3rd best player on a team not the first? Do you think i'm misinterpreting the stats? I'm at the point where I wouldn't mind if we kept him as our 3rd option (but he is till a tradeable asset). Like to hear more of your opinion/criticism of my piece. And yes, if barg's gets traded he probably will torch us, everybody else does!
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Bargs will get traded, Raps will have no offense and you guys will all whine and bitch about how our team sucks and we shouldve kept Bargs.

Then, Bargs will light us up and humiliate us every time we play against him.

Haters gone hate.
      I fully agree. Seeing how Amir and Ed play exact same style of Basketball and Amir not being able to dribble AT ALL or beat his man off the dribble, Raptors will have one hell of stagnant offense next year Unless BC gets a great PG or SF that can create for themselves and his teammates Otherwise, Raptors better improve their defense hell of alot because with the absence of AB, they will gave a tough time putting up any descent offensive number on the board.

Comment

• Right on. Nice work.

No doubt fans have been asking him to do way too much and sh*t on him when he can't deliver. This is a crappy team yall. Think about it, Bosh had more help last year than Bargs did this one.
        Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Did you do this one at work again? If so, give your boss a high five for me. It was a great read. I have a feeling that Bargs will be gone by the end of the summer. It's too bad really. He coul dhave been a good 2nd or 3rd options, but how do you demote someone on your team? you can't. it may e time to move on.

Comment

Have you ever had bone spurs in your ankle? Do you know what that feels like?
            He hasn't averaged 7+ rebound all season i'm not talking about now.

Comment

• Great Article. Thanks for taking the time to do this

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                Technically, Nene doesn't have a last name. He legally dropped it in his 2nd or 3rd year in the league, but the league doesn't allow one name players, he still goes by Nene Hilario in the NBA. He did it because of the long standing tradition of Brazillian sports stars going by one name (Pele, Maradonna).
                Actually, although this has nothing to do with this discussion, Nene is an odd case. Most Brazilian sports stars just put their shortened nicknames instead of their full name as it is both easier to remember and could fit on the jersey. Pele's full name is Edison Arantes do Nascimento. Just like Ronaldo and Ronaldinho who both have full names but chose an easier nickname, but their official passport names are still the longer name. Maradona on the other hand is just a surname, his first name is Diego.

Comment

• Another opinion:

Bryan in Toronto:
                  In your opinion: What is Andrea Bargnani's trade value and what teams would be interested in him?

Jason Fleming:
                  Bargnani is owed $41.5 million over the next four seasons and an excellent scorer at the four, but not a good rebounder or defender. He hustles, he can shoot, and overall he's a decent player. A little pricey though, and teams want power forwards who can be physical. In the right offense, with a physical center next to him, he could thrive. The problem in Toronto is he was first forced to play center alongside Bosh and now with Bosh gone...he's still playing center. The Raptors need to quit signing and drafting power forwards and forcing Bargs to play out of position.

But that didn't answer your question. The answer is his trade value is limited because of his lack of rebounding at 7-0, and his skills don't fit the offense of most teams. I think Toronto would be hard-pressed to find a deal they like.

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Chat.asp?C...#ixzz1Hze3LUqR

Comment

• I'm not sure if "limited" is the right term to use. The value of 99% of the league's players is "limited" because they all have their weak points. There are few players out there who are going to garner Carmelo Anthony deals.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      He hasn't averaged 7+ rebound all season i'm not talking about now.
                      I have a question for all you Bargs haters.

Would you be happy if Bargs pulled 10 rebs per game, BUT, only scored 5-10 pts ?

I don't think you would. I think your whiny asses would be crying about how the team has no offense, and how Bargs needs to be more aggressive and look for his shot, create off the dribble, drive the lane, etc etc. (sound familiar, I heard Leo say this for 3 yrs straight about Bargs).

You need to realize what you have in Bargs, a volume scoring, shot blocking, average rebounder who has a dynamic offensive skill set. Period.

Guys like Tim W, webcrawler, Ruuu, Balls of Steel, will never be happy with Bargs. Even if he pulled 10 rebs one game, they would say "how come he didnt score enough, how come he didnt do this, do that, do the other"

Comment

• Shot blocking average defender? I wish.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• He's essentially a pylon on defense.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
                            He's essentially a pylon on defense.
                            Don't hate young pine nut, take a deep breathe

Comment

I have a question for all you Bargs haters.

Would you be happy if Bargs pulled 10 rebs per game, BUT, only scored 5-10 pts ?

I don't think you would. I think your whiny asses would be crying about how the team has no offense, and how Bargs needs to be more aggressive and look for his shot, create off the dribble, drive the lane, etc etc. (sound familiar, I heard Leo say this for 3 yrs straight about Bargs).

You need to realize what you have in Bargs, a volume scoring, shot blocking, average rebounder who has a dynamic offensive skill set. Period.

Guys like Tim W, webcrawler, Ruuu, Balls of Steel, will never be happy with Bargs. Even if he pulled 10 rebs one game, they would say "how come he didnt score enough, how come he didnt do this, do that, do the other"
                              i'd like him to average 3bpg, 10 rpg, 20 ppg and actually learn to defend and provide help defence too. Thats when i'll be satisfied with bargnani. but its too late and he's getting traded in the off season.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                i'd like him to average 3bpg, 10 rpg, 20 ppg and actually learn to defend and provide help defence too. Thats when i'll be satisfied with bargnani. but its too late and he's getting traded in the off season.
                                Well, he's almost there.

Comment

Working...
                                X