Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aldridge vs Bargnani

Both players are the same age, they came into the league at the same time. And both came in as jumpshooting big men. Both players struggled early with a soft label, neither one were strong rebounders.

This year, through different circumstances, they had to "lead" their team. WHile Aldridge seized the opportunity and became a borderline All-Star, while averaging career highs in scoring AND rebounding, and tying or coming close to career highs in blocks, steals, assists and field goal percentage. He also was able to lead his team to the playoffs despite a lost year from their franchise player.

Bargnani, on the other hand, had a career scoring year, but saw his rebounding, blocks and field goal percentage dip and by most accounts had a disappointing season while his team finished with the third worst record in the league.

So if Aldridge was able to step up, why wasn't Bargnani.

Mods: Feel free to delete this thread. I just thought I'd try and make a point.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• 8/10

Watching the Dallas game going on I had basically the same thought.

(And the answer btw is: LA realized that be must be aggressive. Bargnani didn't.)

Comment

• LOOOL, you just can not get over AB, Can you ? How does it feel to be obsessed with a Player ? Do you close your eyes at night thinking about AB and what he is doing to you ? Of course, I am kidding you Pal. you can be stuck on him as much as you like. I actually take pleasure in seeing you suffer in this pain and misery.

Alderige is a better Player than AB. It was BC's mistake to draft AB before Alderige.(like many other mistakes that he made over the last 5 years, ooppss, MatT is going to get upset that we questioned the Almighty BC) Under the right coaching and under the right system, Aldridge has grown much more than AB has and has fixed his shortcomings more than AB. Again, one can not deny the role of the coaching staff in this great transformation ( BC's 2nd mistake).

He is also going to get paid alot more than AB over the next few season:

$10,700,000
        $11,800,000
        $13,000,000
        $14,100,000
        $15,200,000

versus AB:
        $8,000,000 2.7 less than Aldrige
        $9,000,000 2.8 less than Aldrige
        $10,000,000 2.0 less than Aldrige
        $11,000,000 3.0 less than Aldrige
        $12,000,000 3.2 less than Aldrige

for a total of : 13.5 million over 5 season

UMMMM, It is kinda like Aldrige is getting paid like a 2nd best player in a team while AB is getting paid like a 3rd best player

Nice try, but you fail as usual
        Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Thu Apr 21, 2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

• i see what you did there.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
            LOOOL, you just can not get over AB, Can you ? How does it feel to be obsessed with a Player ? Do you close your eyes at night thinking about AB and what he is doing to you ? Of course, I am kidding you Pal. you can be stuck on him as much as you like. I actually take pleasure in seeing you suffer in this pain and misery.

Alderige is a better Player than AB. It was BC's mistake to draft AB before Alderige. Under the right coaching and under the right system, Aldridge has grown much more than AB has and has fixed his shortcomings more than AB. Again, one can not deny the role of the coaching staff in this great transformation ( BC's 2nd mistake).

He is also going to get paid alot more than AB over the next few season:

$10,700,000
            $11,800,000
            $13,000,000
            $14,100,000
            $15,200,000

versus AB:
            $8,000,000 2.7 less than Aldrige
            $9,000,000 2.8 less than Aldrige
            $10,000,000 2.0 less than Aldrige
            $11,000,000 3.0 less than Aldrige
            $12,000,000 3.2 less than Aldrige

for a total of : 13.5 million over 5 season

UMMMM, It is kinda like Aldrige is getting paid like a 2nd best player in a team while AB is getting paid like a 3rd best player

Nice try, but you fail as usual
            Uh, you do realize that Noah is being paid literally twice as much as Amir, who is being paid like the 6th or 7th man, right? You don't even make it hard to catch you on these things. At least make it sporting, won't you?
            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              Uh, you do realize that Noah is being paid literally twice as much as Amir, who is being paid like the 6th or 7th man, right? You don't even make it hard to catch you on these things. At least make it sporting, won't you?
              Noah is going to get paid....

Joakim Noah Salary - Bulls: $3.13M 2011 | $10.0M 2012 (T) | $11.1M 2013 | $12.1M 2014 | $13.2M 2015 | $14.2M 2016

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                You Fail Again !!! So Noah got bigger and stronger because he got paid more this summer !!! Is this the best you came up with to defend your man Amir ??

Come on Tim, It is too easy to beat you when you put no effort forward.

Noah got paid for his hard work so did Aldrige. AB is never going to be an Aldrige and that was the mistake made by BC. Maybe he realized it last summer when he gave AB a contract that is for a 3rd best player in a good team.

But this is different with the whole Amir vs Noah discussion. In that thread, we are NOT discussing who is ever going to be
                better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!! Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

At least for AB one can say he tried and he is just not that great of rebounder ( due to the way he plays ) and a great HeLP defender. But when it comes to Amir, no can not even say that. He just ran away from the challenge and from helping his.

Unlike you, I am no obsessed with a Player Pal, so better Luck next time.

Comment

You Fail Again !!! So Noah got bigger and stronger because he got paid more this summer !!! Is this the best you came up with to defend your man Amir ??

Noah got paid for his hard work so did Aldrige. AB is never going to be an Aldrige and that was the mistake made by BC. Maybe he realized it last summer when he gave AB a contract that is for a 3rd best player in a good team.

But this is different with the whole Amir vs Noah discussion. In that thread, we are NOT discussing who is ever going to be
                  better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!! Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

At least for AB one can say he tried and he is just not that great of rebounder ( due to the way he plays ) and a great HeLP defender. But when it comes to Amir, no can not even say that. He just ran away from the challenge and from helping his.

no actually we can't say that.

Comment

What can bargnani do besides throw up bricks and score 20 points? Amir is getting better overall with his defence, post game, rebounding etc... As for bargnani sitting at home eating free primo pasta not giving a damn about anything. Anyone who works hard and gives 100% on both ends will achieve alot more in the nba, thats why fans love guys like: Demar, Amir, Reggie, Ed davis, Bayless etc... cause they try they're hardest and work on their game and take it seriously. Something bargnani doesn't seem to know how to do. If bargnani started focusing on the things he needs to improve on and the little things he needs to do to help his team win, he can stay otherwise just trade him the first oppertunity you get.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      [Snip]
                      This is NOT about their skills, this is about their SIZE.

Noah=6'11", skinny, play C, put on weight to get stronger
                      Amir=6'11", skinny, plays PF, hasn't put on weight stronger

Amir, why you no put on weight?!?

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post

Amir is 6'9" i don't know what your talking about.

Comment

better or is more skilled but who embraced the challenge and who just deferred it !!!
                          Isn't that exactly what this thread is about? Aldridge embraced the challenge, but Bargnani "deferred" it (by the way, I'm pretty sure that's not the word you're looking for).

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                          Amir's fan claim that he has all that potential and all that drive but when the challenge was set for him, he choose the easy way and decided to deffer !!

So if Bargnani is not a great rebounder, does that mean we can say that Amir isn't a great scorer? I notice how you pick and choose your adjectives depending on who you're talking about. You called Amir a horrible offensive player, yet call Bargnani not a great rebounder. Hate to break it to you "Pal", but Bargnani is a horrible rebounder. He's almost historically bad. That's how bad he is. He's one of the worst 7 foot rebounders in the history of the league and he's one of the worst rebounding big men in the league. And I do agree it's due to the way he plays. He plays like he doesn't want to rebound. It's certainly not because he plays outside, because loads of outside shooting big men are much better rebounders than he is, including Troy Murphy, who took more threes than Bargnani last season, yet was able to average double digit rebounds. And he did the same thing the year before.

And did you just call Bargnani a great help defender, or was that a typo?

As for Amir, he had a career year, becoming the team's most productive player and it's most efficient player on offense while one of it's best defensive players. By pretty much all accounts, except yours, Amir had a great year.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post

Actually, Noah is 6'7 and Amir is well over 7 feet.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Amir isn't well over 7 feet. He's shorter then Bargs.
                              Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Fri Apr 22, 2011, 12:28 AM.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                                Amir is 6'9" i don't know what your talking about.
                                he is just joking around, raptor4ever is saying a lot of false things

Comment

Working...
                                X