Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Maybe this is paving the way for Messina to come to Toronto? Just throwing spaghetti on the walls at this point.
    then trade for Gallinari and change the team's name to italian stallions.

Comment

• Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      That's what everybody on RR (and presumably other sites) have been calling for years. No special treatment and hold him accountable. Glad to see Jack saying this out loud, wish he had done it two years ago.
      +1. I like Jack, but he's got to look in the mirror on this one and ask himself why he has waited to have the cajones only after 3 major newspaper articles and BC himself called out Andrea's piss poor defense & rebounding first.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
        Leo Rautins was the first guy I heard do it, during the season, but you have to remember that these guys work for the Raptors. They can't always say what they would like to, and you can bet they say something different in private than in public.
        Same here. Ive heard Leo lambaste not just Bargnani but the rest of the raps for crappy defense and poor effort. But going back to Bargnani, ive always contended that if the Raps really want him to improve his defense, they need get him a defensive coach. But reading what Jack A. said, it seems the Raps have done all they can to get Bargnani to improve. I now surrender to the fact that what is lacking now is plainly effort and desire to improve. So the onus really is on Bargnani now.

If what Jack says is true that the Raps gave Bargnani all the resources possible for him to improve his defense and rebounding, then whats the point in keeping him for another season? Maybe he does put in the effort, but IMO, i dont think he really has the skillset to be a good defender and rebounder. I was pinning my hopes to the idea that maybe they just didnt give him the resources but now knowing they did, i really dont see the need in keeping him.

Comment

• None of the Raptors broadcasters have or are in any position to go against the "product" until given a "signal" by the front office. I agree that Leo sometimes is the sole dissenter on specifics as related to a player. This past year was THE year to show everyone his improvement on defense/rbding and leadership qualities. The eyeball test is sometimes the best evaluator and much to much time he was just standing around effortlessly while someone swept by him or rebounded in front of him or screened him with no push back. In my mind it is more the lack of desire than anything. I can deal with a particular deficiency ...but no desire to contribute to defense which is what wins games at this level is getting ridiculous to the point of being insulting or that he is mentally deficient to recognize the shitstorm around him. Until last year I was a supporter of Bargnani and attributed cultural differences mostly (not stepping on others toes in the hierarchy of the team makeup) as being a prime reason for not stepping up. I was obviously wrong.

Comment

• Bargnani would be a better jamal crawford than jamal crawford.

Comment

• WhatWhat wrote: View Post
              *disregards article*
              Even the direct quotes?

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Maybe this is paving the way for Messina to come to Toronto? Just throwing spaghetti on the walls at this point.
              I would vote to pass on more of the method of closed eyes, fingers in ears, head shaking, and chanting "this is not happening, this is not happening" in regard's to the direction Bargnani's.

Comment

There's no way he gets dealt while his contract is still a BYC.
                Come July 1st, he will no longer be a BYC player. And the Raptors could use the MLE to make it work, too. The firestorm over Bargnani reminds me too much of Turkoglu last year. I think Colangelo pretty much has to trade Bargnani, now.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I hope not. Not after reading those quotes.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                    I know what you mean. I guess if its from the player's point of view, it kinda sucks when your GM publicly criticizes you. We tend to forget sometimes that athletes do have emotions too that can affect their play. But from a GMs perspective, we're paying you 10mil a year so you should do your job and man up. Like i said, i feel colangelo is not about to trade Bargnani yet, but this will be his make or break season, no doubt about it. Its now upto Bargnani whether he wants to change that impression or not.

I think the reason why Bargnani is not overly concerned with putting so much effort in the NBA 1) coz he already has a 5yr/10mil contract and 2) he can always go back to europe to play. Unlike other basketball players who are scared to lose their NBA contracts not because they suck but because europe is simply not an option. But for Bargnani, it still very much is.
                    That's interesting.. I never thought about him going back to Europe..
                    I just hate how we outbid ourselves to pay Bargnani money he has yet to earn. It's no wonder why Aldridge wanted more than Bargnani... He saw what Bargnani got and said there was no way he would be making less than him...

Comment

• Seems like the translator has English as a fourth language.

Messina is advocating more coddling. BC may have just finished an exit interview with Bargs before appearing at that presser. Bargs probably told him he was being played out of position!

I can just imagine how often the coaches, BC and some of the players (eg Reggie) have probably exhorted him to at least put out. I cant remember the specific games but I have seen him perform at least adequately on defense maybe 2-3 times (lol). So it can be done.

Comment

• Faux-ID wrote: View Post
                        Leo Rautins was the first guy I heard do it, during the season, but you have to remember that these guys work for the Raptors. They can't always say what they would like to, and you can bet they say something different in private than in public.

Well if anybody even listens to this clown, then yeah he'd be the 1st

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Even the direct quotes?
                          Yup. That's honestly an inexcusably huge typo. I don't trust European news after reading how they threw all of the blame on the Raptors for Kleiza's injury. And calling Bargnani "the enigma of all enigmas" scapegoating, really? Doesn't that MASSIVE thread we have support this?

Also, I thought that Messina was smart and stuff. I don't wanna ruin my image of him.

Comment

• You can tell during games that Matt and Jack start to give subtle hints that they're getting sick of Barg's D. Then the next minute they'll commend his crazy skill for a 7 footer. I guess it makes for bad ratings if commentators just trash the players.
                            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                              You can tell during games that Matt and Jack start to give subtle hints that they're getting sick of Barg's D. Then the next minute they'll commend his crazy skill for a 7 footer. I guess it makes for bad ratings if commentators just trash the players.
                              That and they'll probably get fired. They're not allowed to constantly trash their players...

Comment

• Like Odd Future Wolf Gang Kill Them All would say , F$#% STEVE HARVEY, F$#% B.O.B, F$#% BRUNO MARS, AND F$#% BARGNANI. they gonna be at the mod club , May 15 2011, tickets at the door. SWAG
                                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Working...
                                X