Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    He went from 3.2rpg(2007-08) to 5.3rpg(2008-09) to 6.2rpg(2009-10) to 5.2rpg(2010-11) rebounds per game. Before the 5.2rpg of this year, he was showing an improved effort and nose for the ball. It was, and is not, unthinkable for him to grab 2 more boards per game.
    But instead he goes and grabs less rebounds then he even did the previous season.
    Thats one step forward, two steps back my friend.
    This is exactly where per36 numbers are useful. While Bargnani's rebounding numbers did seem to go up a fair bit up until this season, that's only because of increased minutes. Per 36 minutes, he went from 5.6 to 5.6 to 6.1 to 6.3 and then this seasondown to 5.2 rpg. He showed no improvement from his first to his second year. Showed a bit of an improvement, although not dramatic by any means, from his second to his third and then a very marginal improvement from his third to his fourth season. In his fifth season, no mater how you look at it, he showed a decline.

While he did show some improvement, it was never very much of one.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Thanks Tim. Great post. You always do it better. haha

PS. I found this picture on Google images and low-and-behold, it was linked from your Blog. Small inter-web. Turned out to be a rather unabashed defense of Jose Calderon. I rather enjoyed it.
      Thanks. I've always felt Calderon has been a little underappreciated by a lot of Raptor fans.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• DunkinDerozan wrote: View Post
        why were YOUR expecations of Andrea so high, if the team expecations were so low. Don't just base expecations on other people's wishful thinking.
        Fair point. Except that there are now a lot of posters who say bargs will do better under different conditions. Having learned my lesson I am now asking for evidence that would support the claim that he can do better but am still waiting. To try and answer your question, bargs was also a number 1 pick which rightly or wrongly also carries expectations. Barg's is a unique player with tons of potential and I've just gotten to the point where I don't think he will fulfill his potential and that disappoints me.
        "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

• why was this thread moved? why was a thread like aldrige vs bargnani allowed to be a topic for debate? I wanted people to get a chance to reply to my questions.

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
            \I've just gotten to the point where I don't think he will fulfill his potential and that disappoints me.
            It disappoints me and many others too.The problem is there are still people who think he will fulfill his potential and they truly believe it which is weird.They are in first phase- denial...

Comment

• ezz_bee wrote: View Post
              Fair point. Except that there are now a lot of posters who say bargs will do better under different conditions. Having learned my lesson I am now asking for evidence that would support the claim that he can do better but am still waiting. To try and answer your question, bargs was also a number 1 pick which rightly or wrongly also carries expectations. Barg's is a unique player with tons of potential and I've just gotten to the point where I don't think he will fulfill his potential and that disappoints me.
              90% of the posters have painted the wrong picture in my opinion. Because of this fairly or unfairly Bargnani has been constantly critisized and it has gotten to the point where those same 90% of posters want him traded. Because this was such a horrible year for the team and because the critics discount his offense (which would be just as easy to praise), his defenders me included have tried to think of other ways he can improve to accomodate the rest of you, who have these lofty expecations. Looking back, I don't feel I need to defend Bargnani as much as I have. He has surpassed many expecations in my eyes and until someone can prove that he didn't meet expecations in relation to the team expecations and his preformance from pervious years taking into account the talent level around him and the circumstnces mentioned in my thread then i just dont feel the need to prove anything.

Yes he was the 1 pick of 2006, but never had to have #1 pick responsibilties until this year, which happened to be a rebuild year with very raw talent around him. If being a top 15 scorer in a rebuild year with little talent around you is disapointing to you your expecations must be extremly high lool.
              Last edited by DunkinDerozan; Wed Apr 27, 2011, 09:29 AM.

Comment

why was this thread moved? why was a thread like aldrige vs bargnani allowed to be a topic for debate? I wanted people to get a chance to reply to my questions.
                The thread was moved because it is another Bargnani discussion. Bargnani has his own thread called "Everything Bargnani".

Do you see the Aldridge vs. Bargnani thread on the forum? No, it has also been moved in to the thread called "Everything Bargnani".

If people want to keep discussing Bargnani and putting up new threads - fine. I cannot speak for the other mods or admins but I leave them for a day or so allowing people to see a possible new discussion (which rarely happens to be the case). After that they are sent to the "Everything Bargnani" because inevitably it becomes the same conversation - over and over and over and over...... etc.

There have been a number of comments made throughout threads and in PM with the frustration of the topic. It is no longer beating a dead horse. The dead horse is down to the building blocks of life now - carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen. If people want to discuss Bargnani, do it in "Everything Bargnani" so the forum is not littered with the same conversation. Like was said earlier, if a new thread starts up, it stays a day or so, then gets moved to keep the "Everything Raptors" forum Raptor-related not Bargnani-polluted with both the pro-Bargs and the anti-Bargs threads which become the same discussion regardless of the thread.

Comment

• footarez wrote: View Post
                  It disappoints me and many others too.The problem is there are still people who think he will fulfill his potential and they truly believe it which is weird.They are in first phase- denial...
                  maybe your just in deniall when you look at that scoring leaderboard and see bargnani ahead of players like bosh

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    The thread was moved because it is another Bargnani discussion. Bargnani has his own thread called "Everything Bargnani".

Do you see the Aldridge vs. Bargnani thread on the forum? No, it has also been moved in to the thread called "Everything Bargnani".

If people want to keep discussing Bargnani and putting up new threads - fine. I cannot speak for the other mods or admins but I leave them for a day or so allowing people to see a possible new discussion (which rarely happens to be the case). After that they are sent to the "Everything Bargnani" because inevitably it becomes the same conversation - over and over and over and over...... etc.

There have been a number of comments made throughout threads and in PM with the frustration of the topic. It is no longer beating a dead horse. The dead horse is down to the building blocks of life now - carbon, oxygen, nitrogen, and hydrogen. If people want to discuss Bargnani, do it in "Everything Bargnani" so the forum is not littered with the same conversation. Like was said earlier, if a new thread starts up, it stays a day or so, then gets moved to keep the "Everything Raptors" forum Raptor-related not Bargnani-polluted with both the pro-Bargs and the anti-Bargs threads which become the same discussion regardless of the thread.
                    i agree there are many repetiive bargnani threads. But this is relating to the team as well as bargnani. I put a lot of thought into it and find it kind of a waste to be thrown into the everything bargnani pile right away, then i look at some of the other threads are kept on.

Comment

i agree there are many repetiive bargnani threads. But this is relating to the team as well as bargnani. I put a lot of thought into it and find it kind of a waste to be thrown into the everything bargnani pile right away, then i look at some of the other threads are kept on.
                      I am assuming we're discussing the Expectations thread. If that is the case, it was left for a day or so. It became all about Bargnani hence the move.

I am sorry you feel the effort put in to the thread is a waste - I don't agree personally because it did generate discussion and those who wish to continue in it need only click the re-direct.

I think the fairest course of action for all members is when a new Bargnani-related thread is posted, it stays for a day or so and then gets moved. Those who want to continue the discussion can go to Everything Bargnani. Those who do not want to discuss it - and there are many members who are tired of it - do not have to sift through the Bargnani rubble. I'll also be sure to leave a permanent re-direct versus an expiring one on moved threads.

I'll take a look through the forum to see if any threads should be moved.

Comment

• ahh i kind of miss Chris bosh

Comment

• the redirect link was actually taken off after about 20 minutes from the time the the thread appeared on the front page, i just never got around to asking why because i had to leave yesterday.

Comment

• raptorsking wrote: View Post
                            ahh i kind of miss Chris bosh
                            loool dont u wish lebron and wade took there talents to north of the boarder

we can always dream

Comment

• nah just lebron screw wade.

Comment

• colangelo is just a very dumb GM, every single thing he says ruins something somewhere
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X