Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andrea Bargnani Interview

I read an article on Hoopshype about Bargnani. He had interesting things to say about the lockout and offers to play overseas. The original article is translated from Italian. Reading it gave me a sense of his personality and what he's up to. He also said some things to say about playing in Canada. Here are a few snippets.

The NBA lockout... when will it end? Andrea Bargnani: "I have no idea, meanwhile I focus on the national team, is what interests me." La Repubblica
    Have there been offers? Andrea Bargnani: "Yes, important ones, but I don't want to stress myself. Now I'm here, then we will see." La Repubblica

An offer from Italian clubs? Andrea Bargnani: "More important". La Repubblica
    Here is what he had to say about playing in Canada

What makes life in Canada? Andrea Bargnani: "I work out, then I work out, then I train. The pace isolates you from everything and everything is custom built for this. Sometimes you find it difficult to stay connected with your world. In fact, using Skype, Twitter and technologies to talk to my friends."
    hmm sounds like he finds it boring in Canada, or is it just me?

http://translate.google.com/translat...nani-20799301/
    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
      Are they gonna be showing the tournament games on the tele or do we have to stream them all?
      I don't think they'll be shown on TV. I usually just stream em' online. It works fine for me.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• LOL @ Tim W.
        Tim W. wrote:
        I guess he figured he'd grabbed enough rebounds against Indiana

Comment

• whatwhat wrote: View Post
          @ the 10 second mark, the ball bounces directly to him.

i'm still not convinced at all that he's a changed man, but still uh...congrats, i guess.
          @1:35 good help defence wtf. :')

Comment

• I wonder if his real problem in the NBA is that he can no longer camp out in the paint... That's his defense. no need to play out on your man and then come back for help defense in FIBA because you can just camp out there.

Comment

• sounds like he is finding the nba life to be boring - not just Canada

Comment

• oh god..does this mean that when JV comes its only going to 5 rbs for him too?

Comment

• So he does this against kids well if only he played in the NCAA lol

Comment

• How can you find yourself bored in one of the greatest cities in the world. The only drag is winter, its actually not that bad in Toronto. I know being from Ottawa, we have the extremes of all seasons. Very hot summers, and very cold winters, we get a lot of snow. I'm sure you know how it feels being from Alberta (depending on if you are from beautiful, warm Calgary under the Chinook or Chilly Edmonton, above the Chinook) Sure he's a little homesick, but c'mon your getting paid millions to play a sport you love. How are you ever bored? Sorry bargs we don't have it as good as you. We can't just up and leave. "HEY! BE A MAN DO THE RIGHT THING!"

Comment

• ATT wrote: View Post
                      oh god..does this mean that when JV comes its only going to 5 rbs for him too?
                      Yeah that's a good observation Albertan.

ATT, Lets hope it does not mean less rebounds for Valancuinas when he comes over. JV has plays with more defensive mobility than Andrea, from what I've seen. JV has a knack of knowing where to be at the right time (rebounding). He plays with good activity and is a good help side defender. I'm sure that will be able to adjust in due time.
                      Last edited by Ambidextrious; Thu Aug 25, 2011, 01:13 AM.

Comment

• For a guy that is as offensively gifted as him I can't understand his allergy or phobia of his left hand. Check out 1:10 of the video. He turns in to all the defense when a simple left hand mini-hook/mini-drop step was all that was needed. This is something that has driven me almost as much as the rebounding. Reminds me of Ewing - he should have just chopped his left hand off for the amount he used it.

Comment

• He's saying he doesn't have much free time during the season, and he keeps in touch with friends over the internet. I don't think it mean he's bored with Canada. Also, sounds like he's taking mma lessons? I couldn't picture that.
                          The one and only

Comment

• I know it is just the summer and this game was against an NCAA team, but this is the time of year that you build confidence and work on your game. I think everyone would be happy if this effort we see now resulted in 1.5 more boards per game and better defensive effort.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Wow, to do that against a world class team like Brigham Young? Move over Kevin Love, there's a new rebounding champion on the way.

In other news Eddy Curry blocked ten shots and downed 15 Big Macs at a local YMCA game. Those in attendance were mesmerized by his ability in the paint against kids half his size. The 15 Big Macs in one sitting also broke the city record.

Comment

• Was definitely against inferior competition but I liked to see he was in the paint for almost every basket. Not many long jumpers or pull up instead realizing the opposition was much smaller and taking advantage of it. If all of these highlights were done in 20 minutes of floor time thats a fantastic game regardless of the oppontent.

Comment

Working...
                                X