Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GarbageTime wrote: View Post
    Even then, everything BC has done (and what Casey has said) makes me believe what BC said at the end of the season press conference may have just been lip service to an increasingly disgruntled fan base. Won't be the first time he's done that ("best team on paper", "we have a real chance of resigning Bosh", "Bosh was a big d-bag", "high collars lead to victory" etc - all paraphrased ofcourse)
    WHat has Colangelo done? He drafted a center who looks like he might have some pretty good offensive ability to go along with his defense and rebounding, and he hired a coach who demands defense from his players. Not sure how that means he wants to keep Bargnani.

I can see him keeping Bargnani for another season (until Valanciunas comes) but I think it would be a big mistake. His trade value is only going to continue to decline. Last summer was the time to trade him as his value was probably at it's highest. Now everyone pretty much knows what you get with Bargnani. Before this season he still had that "upside" tag, but after an entire season as the #1 option, playing heavy minutes, while being horrible on defense and on the boards, does anyone really think that Bargnani has the potential to be anything more than a role player?
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
      WHat has Colangelo done?

Too me, just about anything he can to try and make Andrea work.

I can picture BC when someone recommends trading Bargnani:

Last edited by GarbageTime; Thu Sep 15, 2011, 10:55 PM.

Comment

Too me, just about anything he can to try and make Andrea work.
        Like what? Draft a PF, then re-sign another one to a long term contract, then the next season draft a center, basically creating a logjam at the position he plays?
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Like what? Draft a PF, then re-sign another one to a long term contract, then the next season draft a center, basically creating a logjam at the position he plays?
          And Tim how do you expect that log jam to end? Logically? Cause I don't.

I know you have some new found faith in BC since this offseason.... but I'm not going to buy his love affair with Andrea has ended until I see it (ie. coming of the bench or traded), or until Andrea becomes the productive player he could be.

Anyone who has had an addiction can tell you. Quitting is easy, not starting again is the tough part.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post

2 rebounds and 20PPG.
            He actually averaged 7.4rpg for the Tournament, and in 5 games he managed to grab more Rebounds than Marc or Pau Gasol have in 9 games. Impressive feat, I'd say.

Not to mention he was Second among all scorers in the Tournament.
            But I don't think people appreciate his scoring abilities as much as they probably should.

Comment

• I know all about his scoring. Let's see him rebound like that back here.

Comment

Let's see him rebound like that back here.
                As long as I see the same sort of effort, (and boxing out), then I'll be pleased. At this point I don't even care how many he grabs, just as long as I see some effort.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  As long as I see the same sort of effort, (and boxing out), then I'll be pleased. At this point I don't even care how many he grabs, just as long as I see some effort.
                  Boxing out and at least ensuring HIS Man doesn't get the ball will be good enough for me.

Comment

And Tim how do you expect that log jam to end? Logically? Cause I don't.

I know you have some new found faith in BC since this offseason.... but I'm not going to buy his love affair with Andrea has ended until I see it (ie. coming of the bench or traded), or until Andrea becomes the productive player he could be.

Anyone who has had an addiction can tell you. Quitting is easy, not starting again is the tough part.
                    Logically, Bargnani is the odd man out. He doesn't fit in with the new defensive theme, he's moving to a position that already is well looked after, he's fallen out of favour with the fans, and he's shown almost no improvement in important areas year after year. Whether Colangelo does the logical thing, no one knows, but from his remarks it's clear even Colangelo is getting fed up with Bargnani. I know a lot of people feel that Colangelo will NEVER trade him, but I highly doubt he's going to stake his job on Bargnani, and that's essentially what he would be doing.
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I will first admit that I haven't watched him play this summer, but from what I've read the effort is still not very consistent.

As for what you said earlier about people not appreciating his scoring as much as they should, I disagree. The problem is that there's nothing else to his game, so his scoring ends up not mattering as much. Look at Corey Maggette or Al Harrington. Both very good scorers, but they bounce around from team to team because that's ALL they do.
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

I will first admit that I haven't watched him play this summer, but from what I've read the effort is still not very consistent.

As for what you said earlier about people not appreciating his scoring as much as they should, I disagree. The problem is that there's nothing else to his game, so his scoring ends up not mattering as much. Look at Corey Maggette or Al Harrington. Both very good scorers, but they bounce around from team to team because that's ALL they do.
                        Indeed, I've also heard the effort is inconsistent, but still .. fluctuating between Medium Effort to High Effort is better than Low Effort and Medium. haha

And I also agree that his 1-Dimensional play does tend to desensitize us to that 1-Dimension that he offers.

I was simply pointing out that averaging 22pts in the Tourney is quite impressive.
                        We as Raptors fans just don't find it AS impressive, because we've always been aware of his scoring ability, and have almost grown SICK of always hearing about his scoring. Thus, we don't appreciate it as much as others in the basketball world might.

Comment

... The fact that we've never seen that more than a two or three game stretch in a season is enough to keep his rebounding ability a running joke.

Comment

... The fact that we've never seen that more than a two or three game stretch in a season is enough to keep his rebounding ability a running joke.
                            This is the 3,829th post on this thread and you guys are still talking about Bargnani's rebounding. I think that's just sad.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              This is the 3,829th post on this thread and you guys are still talking about Bargnani's rebounding. I think that's just sad.

Maybe we could talk about how many points he scores. Oh yeah thats been done 3,830 times. Maybe we can talk about the other things he does... oh wait......

Maybe if we don't talk about him he'll go away?

Comment

Maybe we could talk about how many points he scores. Oh yeah thats been done 3,830 times. Maybe we can talk about the other things he does... oh wait......

Maybe if we don't talk about him he'll go away?
                                I'm convinced with 5000 replies and a quarter of a million views, he will be gone. Keep discussing in circles.

Comment

Working...
                                X