No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I do appreciate the serious and well thought out answers to my question.

Just trying to learn a little bit about players in the Euro League.

Thanks
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• I question a lot of websites when it comes to these comparisons. Motiejunas does have some similarities to both Dirk and Bargnani, but will ultimately forge his own identity. For one thing, he's much more athletic than both. His shot from range is shakey. He's willing to dunk in traffic and fight for rebounds. He has a very, very thin frame. I don't see star in him. Average to decent starter, maybe even a good sixth man. Needs to get bigger and develop consistency. However, he does share Bargs' and Dirk's lack of defensive awareness/commitment.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        I do appreciate the serious and well thought out answers to my question.

Just trying to learn a little bit about players in the Euro League.

Thanks
        Buddahfan, I don't know you at all but I admire your tenacity. I mean, you take some serious forum beatings and you still keep on ticking! Massive props to your good nature. I'm starting to wonder if you purposefully post these wacky threads just to get the likes of Vinnie_Paz to go off. Hey, as much as I disagree with that dude, we're together on the AB7 front. Last year in my fantasy draft, I hated Bargs so much that i won't even draft him (and Centers that can post offensive numbers are like gold in Fantasy drafts!).

Now, for Monty, I think he's soft and will likely be beaten up in the NBA with his lanky frame. I prefer Tiago Splitter if you ask me (as far as foreigners are concerned - but that's another topic for another day). Dirk will probably go down as the greatest power forward to ever come out of Europe. The comparisons should stop. As for Bargs, I really want to eat my words (like I wanna look stupid in the end). If he averages 20 and 8, I'll be really happy. An ounce of leadership? Why not. Maybe I would then consider him as my first Center in my upcoming Fantasy pool. Keep up the cool threads Buddah!
        “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• It's funny how - according to our maitre à penser - if you care about all-around basketball, and not just NBA, you must be an Europhile. Maybe those who also know about FIBA (which is not Euro linked, but anyway, why bother...) have just a broader vision of such sport, or maybe it is those caring only about NBA that are horribly mutilated in their vision and are too Northamerica-centric (which is by the way the thing Canadians always reproach US citizens with).
          ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

• lusset blither wrote: View Post
            It's funny how - according to our maitre à penser - if you care about all-around basketball, and not just NBA, you must be an Europhile. Maybe those who also know about FIBA (which is not Euro linked, but anyway, why bother...) have just a broader vision of such sport, or maybe it is those caring only about NBA that are horribly mutilated in their vision and are too Northamerica-centric (which is by the way the thing Canadians always reproach US citizens with).
            It seems pretty clear that you don't know what a Europhile is much less have an understanding of the meaning of it.

A europhile is a person who is fond of, admires, or even loves European culture, society, history, food, etc
            The term is not derogatory or prejudicial as one can see from the definition presented by the PC Wiki.

In fact it could be looked on as being complimentary especially by a Europhile.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Europhile
            Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Aug 24, 2010, 10:04 AM.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

It seems pretty clear that you don't know what a Europhile is much less have an understanding of the meaning of it.

The term is not derogatory or prejudicial as one can see from the definition presented by the PC Wiki.

Never said/thought that, I just think you have a wrong or superficial or partial or at least ethnocentric, perception of some aspects. It will get better with age, don't worry too much. (please feel free to fill with emoticons here)
              Ah, by the way, I've studied 5 years of Latin, so no etymological redundant information needed in this case, thanks.

PS Do you like my signature?
              ka mate, ka ora, whiti te rā!!, hī!

Comment

• I just saw near 5 games of him, not enough to make an statement, but one thing for sure: is a different type of player than Barg. The main thing they have in common is a good jumpshot and some dribble. He has some potential, but for me he doesn't have a body for this league...

Comment

• lusset blither wrote: View Post
                  Never said/thought that, I just think you have a wrong or superficial or partial or at least ethnocentric, perception of some aspects. It will get better with age, don't worry too much. (please feel free to fill with emoticons here)
                  Ah, by the way, I've studied 5 years of Latin, so no etymological redundant information needed in this case, thanks.

PS Do you like my signature?
                  1. Talk to Wiki about it. I am just using their definition in simple language and not inserting my own interpretation

2. You studied Latin for five years. Are you a Priest

3. etymological redundant information - Your use of that phrase in the context of our discussion appears to be a Non sequitur one.

Comment

2. You studied Latin for five years. Are you a Priest
                    I studied latin for five years too, dunno about him but latin it's one of the main subjects in some highschool programs here in Italy. Had to do 5 years of ancient greek too, am I a...uhm ancient greek priest?

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                      Buddahfan, I don't know you at all but I admire your tenacity. I mean, you take some serious forum beatings and you still keep on ticking! Massive props to your good nature. I'm starting to wonder if you purposefully post these wacky threads just to get the likes of Vinnie_Paz to go off. Hey, as much as I disagree with that dude, we're together on the AB7 front. Last year in my fantasy draft, I hated Bargs so much that i won't even draft him (and Centers that can post offensive numbers are like gold in Fantasy drafts!).

Now, for Monty, I think he's soft and will likely be beaten up in the NBA with his lanky frame. I prefer Tiago Splitter if you ask me (as far as foreigners are concerned - but that's another topic for another day). Dirk will probably go down as the greatest power forward to ever come out of Europe. The comparisons should stop. As for Bargs, I really want to eat my words (like I wanna look stupid in the end). If he averages 20 and 8, I'll be really happy. An ounce of leadership? Why not. Maybe I would then consider him as my first Center in my upcoming Fantasy pool. Keep up the cool threads Buddah!
                      oh, sappy.p-leaasseee
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Bargnani Appreciation Thread

Bargnani is the best.

Best player on the Raps, and probably one of the top 3 PF's in the East.

He is our only chance for All Star reppin this year as well (outside of the dunk contest).

This thread is here to give props to our leader, The Bargs, as he guides our team into the 2010-2011 campaign.

BWO
                        Bargs World Order

Comment

• i think this needs to be closed A.S.A.P. before everyone rips MUltipaul a new one.

scratch that i'd rather watch and laugh. just rember you brang it multi.you brangit on yourself.
                          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post

dude do you think it's kind of gay to have both your sig and avatar chris bosh related ? and then you have a flashing pic of some transvestite and constantly call chris bosh little nick names ?

are you that upset that he's gone, that now you are so obsessed with him ? if bosh is so shit then why do you care ?were you like this when joey graham or anthony parker left ?

just let it go, he's gone, and he's not coming back. just move on.

and as far as your fantasy basketball beliefs, having your top centre only getting 20 n 8 that is horrible.

and having a conversation is not getting a beating. buddah's provided some very intelligent insight almost always backed up by facts and a link to the source, so im not sure what you're trying to say with your whole "Buddahfan, I don't know you at all but I admire your tenacity. I mean, you take some serious forum beatings and you still keep on ticking."

balls of steel did you have that rupaul pic already saved on your cpu ? do you have chris bosh posters all over your room with a big red x covering them ?

Comment

• I think I just crapped gold... oh wait.

Comment

• its funny, some of us want playoff success.

others just want to make the playoffs or have a rep at the all-star game who at his best wont even be a starter.

Comment

Working...
                                X