No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's just a comparison, they have a similar skill set and size. I suppose he could say "he reminds me of a thin zach randolph" or something like that? It's a comparison he'll always have. If he doesn't become great(lets say multiple all-star at least), it'll be "why couldn't he be as good as nowitzki?" and if he ever is great it'll be "he's become his own player, different from Nowitzki".

Comment

• What in the world is this thread
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Please

As a supporter of Bargnani (or maybe just someone who thinks he gets an obscene amount of criticism) - let the sleeping dogs lie.

Casey was being positive in the media - while I'm sure he'll be tough in private. That can only be good. Let's wait for results, and then we can talk in hindsight.

Comment

• I wouldn't worry about this, honestly, despite how much I roll my eyes at it.

Comment

• I wouldnt put too much weight on this.
            Coaches usually say stuff like this to get people interested in their team.
            Its the start of the season so obviously everybody's putting in work.

Im more interested to see how Bargnani plays 10 games into the season...

Comment

• He said they are the same, not that they are equal. I would agree that their games are similar (or could/should be), but I certainly wouldn't agree that they are equal players... Bargnani is a poor man's Dirk. Fair assessment of the type of player Bargnani is, but I assumed it would make the Bargnani-haters' blood boil! lol

I like what Casey has been saying, especially about having Bargnani focus on playing good man-to-man defense and improve his rebounding. I also hope he forces Bargnani to play more in the post, where I thought he was quite effective last year... when he played there and didn't get lazy with the long jumpers!

Bottom line is that if Casey sticks to his talk and holds Bargnani accountable, then I am cautiously optimistic that this season has the potential to be a turning point for Bargnani's overall game. If not, then buh-bye... the haters were right all along!

Comment

• Really? Casey says they're the same? I mean, he's used their names in the same sentence often before but I never expected it to come to this!

Comment

• “Andrea’s next step is accepting the contact inside. Initializing, (being a) physical, post up player and taking advantage of his size in the paint. We’re going to run a lot of sets for him to get the ball to him inside that’s what’s going to help keep the other teams off balance ... it’s going to help him as an all-around player because teams can’t key on (only his outside game).”

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1gSdCeQWH

Casey says that Bargs has a similar skill set to Nowitzki, and that the Raps are going to run Dirk like sets that force Bargs to take it inside. The flip side of this would be "Bargs, if you don't take it inside the way I drew it up, you can plant your butt on the bench." Nothing wrong with that,

Comment

• What I think is lets all take a deep breath and let this play out. Everyone seemed like they loved the Casey signing, let's see if he change Andrea's career path. A Bargnani who plays strong defense would be a franchise player.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                      A Bargnani who plays strong defense would be a franchise player.
                      As long as Andrea doesn't regress (and why would that happen - he's already the worst WP player in the league - 340 spots below Reggie - lol), Bargs will most likely be here well into next season (that thought has gotta piss off a few). Jonas & a quality 1st Round pick will have arrived, and we can all see whether this balanced concept really will work.

Besides .... with Chandler getting 57 mil for 4 years, Jordan 43 million (4 years) and Kwame Brown 7 mil (1 year -wtf) .... Andrea may turn out to be a bargain.

Comment

• I just hope that if he does turn it around people support him. If they don't then their dislike for him has nothing to do with basketball and they should self-analyze it.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          I just hope that if he does turn it around people support him. If they don't then their dislike for him has nothing to do with basketball and they should self-analyze it.
                          hahahaha the guy hasnt even showed improvement and some people who post here are already throwing him under the bus EVEN IF HE IMPROVES. So i doubt that will happen.

apparently, even if he improves, will it be good enough for him to not become a LIABILITY?
                          apparently, even if he improves, its better to trade him coz for sure he will REGRESS.
                          apparently, even if he improves, will he be good enough to be a key part of a contender?
                          apparently, there is minimal chance he'll improve because historically, he never showed improvement or the desire or drive to improve.

So dont bank on people support him even if he turns around. These people supporting him are as big as Bargnani's chances of winning the MVP award during his basketball career. Very big.

Me, ive always said ill support him as long as he's a raptor. And improve or not, as long as he's a raptor, ill be a supporter.

Comment

• RapthoseLeafs wrote: View Post
                            As long as Andrea doesn't regress (and why would that happen - he's already the worst WP player in the league - 340 spots below Reggie - lol), Bargs will most likely be here well into next season (that thought has gotta piss off a few). Jonas & a quality 1st Round pick will have arrived, and we can all see whether this balanced concept really will work.

Besides .... with Chandler getting 57 mil for 4 years, Jordan 43 million (4 years) and Kwame Brown 7 mil (1 year -wtf) .... Andrea may turn out to be a bargain.
                            Interestingly enough, all those 7 footers play defense.

And shouldn't a balanced concept involve players who play both ends of the court, not getting some players who play offense and some who play defense?
                            Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              hahahaha the guy hasnt even showed improvement and some people who post here are already throwing him under the bus EVEN IF HE IMPROVES. So i doubt that will happen.

apparently, even if he improves, will it be good enough for him to not become a LIABILITY?
                              apparently, even if he improves, its better to trade him coz for sure he will REGRESS.
                              apparently, even if he improves, will he be good enough to be a key part of a contender?
                              apparently, there is minimal chance he'll improve because historically, he never showed improvement or the desire or drive to improve.

So dont bank on people support him even if he turns around. These people supporting him are as big as Bargnani's chances of winning the MVP award during his basketball career. Very big.

Me, ive always said ill support him as long as he's a raptor. And improve or not, as long as he's a raptor, ill be a supporter.
                              completely disagree with this. I would wager that IF Bargnani improved there would be almost no one 'hating' on him.

What you seem to be mixing up is some of us have no faith or belief that things will changes, and the changes that are needed in him aren't tiny or minor.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post

So, if your girlfriend constantly cheated on you, and cheated on everyone she's ever been out with, do you think you should ignore history and believe that this time it will be different? Or should you be forgiven for accepting that things will probably never change and move on? Which sounds more reasonable to you?
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X