No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I heard he was supposed to be back on the floor at practice today (I think I heard that on the broadcast last night, and I see a few fantasy sports places reporting it too).

Comment

• Friday he was a game time decision.

Comment

• Bargnani statistically best defender in the league?

.... minimum 100 possessions, the best defender in the league by overall PPP allowed is Andrea Bargnani. .. uh.... I ...
        BTW, your top-ten, min 100 possessions: Bargs, Hansbro, Taj, Gortat, Jordan, Collison, Bass, Asik, Holiday, Blake. TWO BULLS RESERVES!!!
        So it's not like Bargs is among some weird outliers. Gortat, Jordan, Gibson, Asik, Holiday, Collison all with strong reps as defenders.
        Should note on that list, it's Steve Blake. Not Blake Griffin.
        https://twitter.com/HPbasketball

Credit goes to forme123 on RaptorsForum for finding quote.

edit: Note: Overall PPP = Overall Points Per Possession (I believe).
        Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Mon Jan 23, 2012, 05:47 PM.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

First the Mayans, now this???

Is the world really coming to an end in 2012???

hahaha

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post

edit: Note: Overall PPP = Overall Points Per Possession (I believe).
            Interesting, thanks for posting this. It'll be even more interesting to see how people around here handle this information.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Interesting, thanks for posting this. It'll be even more interesting to see how people around here handle this information.
              Haha, agreed. It really doesn't mean much this early in the season

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                Haha, agreed. It really doesn't mean much this early in the season
                I disagree. If he was at the bottom of the list or bottom 10 it would be grounds for continual and repeated Bargnani Bashings.

By the way, I looked through the twitter feed of the source, Hardwood Paroxysm, and this is the top 10:

HPbasketball Hardwood Paroxysm
                BTW, your top-ten, min 100 possessions: Bargs, Hansbro, Taj, Gortat, Jordan, Collison, Bass, Asik, Holiday, Blake. TWO BULLS RESERVES!!!
                Bargnani
                Tyler Hansbrough
                Taj Gibson
                Marcin Gortat
                DeAndre Jordan
                Nick Collison (or Darren? I'm guessing Nick on OKC)
                Brandon Bass
                Omer Asik
                Jrue Holiday
                Steve Blake

*EDIT* I'm sorry RaptorsFan4Life already included this.

Comment

• Bargnani is playing great, but I don't really understand this statistic. It obviously is not the same as points per 100 possessions (ie, defensive rating) because if I look on basketball-reference.com, Bargnani has a DRating of 105.

Doing a quick search of all players who played a minimum of 10 games, Bargnani is ranked 197th:
                  http://www.basketball-reference.com/...asc=Y&offset=0

105 is pretty good, but that doesn't make him a great defender. I'd think anything below 100 is the mark of a great defender. 105 is about an average defender. The one thing that I like about his defense this year is that he doesn't appear to be a liability on that end like he has been showing in previous years.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    I disagree. If he was at the bottom of the list or bottom 10 it would be grounds for continual and repeated Bargnani Bashings.
                    Outstanding point. There does seem to be a double standard around here.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      Good point, but people are always going to find reasons to bash Bargnani. I like him, but he's only played like 10 games? I'd like him to continue to get better on D. This is a credit to what he's done so far, but it doesn't mean he's all of a sudden one of the best defenders in the league, that's all I'm saying

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                        ...but it doesn't mean he's all of a sudden one of the best defenders in the league, that's all I'm saying
                        No, just top ten :-)

Comment

• Puffer wrote: View Post
                          No, just top ten :-)
                          Actually, he's #1.

Comment

• Macc wrote: View Post
                            Actually, he's #1.
                            Wait...that IS one of the best defenders in the league.

Comment

• Bargnani ftw! Nvm all star this guy should win MVP just based on how badly his team needs him lol. This is very encouraging to read based on this it would be logical to assume that our defense as well as our offense will be improving with his return, can't wait to get him back we need him.
                              "Defense wins championships."

Comment

• Saaaaaammmmppppppleeeeee siiiiiiiiiize.

Comment

Working...
                                X