Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Miekenstien wrote: View Post
    i hate monta ellis and i bet you rose has a better career than howard. bargs getting some respect is great i like how some of the players on the list are on the same team so our best player is better than a third of the leagues best players.
    If I had to choose I'd take Howard over Rose without a second thought.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
      If I had to choose I'd take Howard over Rose without a second thought.
      would you take olajuwon over jordan?
      just fanning the flames

Comment

• No but why does that matter?

Comment

• houston did. i think that great wing players dont need great interior players to win but great interiors need great wings. rodman was great though

Comment

• I'd Take Rose over D12

Comment

• Ok, where are the guys who were lobbying for more losses, less wins so we can get a higher draft pick??
              We miss you! haha

At first it looked like he was just frustrated coz he didnt box out Millsap when Millsap tipped in the tying points. I thought they just made it seem like Bargnani was injured but in reality he was just pissed and frustrated and just didnt want to play anymore. i guess there was more to it than that.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                Ok, where are the guys who were lobbying for more losses, less wins so we can get a higher draft pick??
                We miss you! haha

At first it looked like he was just frustrated coz he didnt box out Millsap when Millsap tipped in the tying points. I thought they just made it seem like Bargnani was injured but in reality he was just pissed and frustrated and just didnt want to play anymore. i guess there was more to it than that.
                I never left. Tank nation continues. After all, we're starting Aaron Gray :P

Comment

houston did. i think that great wing players dont need great interior players to win but great interiors need great wings. rodman was great though
                  I think history suggests that in most cases a great wing can't win it without a great center in the middle. Jordan is an exception to the rule. You need both if you want to win it. TD and The Admiral won a ring without dominate guard play. That's one example of the other extreme just after MJ rided off into the sunset.

Comment

• Oh and in response to #4818: Bargnani.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      I think Bargnani is f*ckin' with the haters among the Raptor faithful:
                      Yes, I thought that was a very funny remark as well.

Comment

• Blake Griffin ahead of Dwade? Amare ahead of Bynum? Lots of very interesting decisions made for the top 25.

I think they sold Bargnani a little bit short, but this new look, both ends of the court, leader Bargnani has only played 13 games, so it is a little hard to gage whether he is for real or not, especially if you are on the outside looking in. I mean statistically he is having a better season then Bosh (bosh only averaging 1 more rebound then him), but Bosh is ranked higher because he is more consistent.

Regardless, I think Bargnani is earning all the respect he is getting from the media and I think Dwane Casey is doing a fantastic job coaching him up.

Oh, and I would take D12 over Rose any day.
                        Last edited by Red and White; Thu Jan 26, 2012, 02:14 PM.

Comment

• Given Wade's style of play and his age he probably only has a couple more dominate years left in him. I would rank Griffin ahead of him too. Bynum spends more time healing than playing.

Comment

houston did (take Olajuwon over Jordan)
                            Yes, and other teams did too and lost a bunch of games under suspicious circumstances towards the end of the 1983-84 season. So much suspicion was raised that the NBA felt they had to immediately change the way the draft order was determined to protect the integrity of the games.

It's easy (and debatable) to say Houston made a mistake 27 1/2 years ago when you have perfect information, but at the time. there was no question Olajuwon was by far the best prospect in the draft. Olajuwon was a great player as expected. Jordan was a somewhat greater player and beat expectations by a wide margin.

As to whether Bargnani is the 27th best player this year, I believe it's a fair assessment but you could make a case he ranks higher or lower depending which metrics you use. The Raptors will miss his tremendously over the next few weeks as no other Raptor creates close to the same space to operate for his teammates.

Comment

• What does starting Aaron gray have to do with tanking? He started in last years playoffs against the lakers...

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                                What does starting Aaron gray have to do with tanking? He started in last years playoffs against the lakers...
                                The short answer? He sucks. He's a limited-minutes role player. And the fact that we even signed him (along with Magloire, Carter, and Butler) tells me that Colangelo has absolutely no visions of a playoff berth this season.

And if you're not aiming for the playoffs, the only smart thing to do is look towards the lottery (a.k.a tank).

Comment

Working...
                                X