• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An interesting comparison:

http://bit.ly/GKGZVz

Comment

• why_you_mad_tho wrote: View Post
      Why the hell would you want demar to be a spot up shooter when one of his strengths is getting to the free throw line? And his passing out of double teams will come with experience obviously. He's not even that bad at it so I don't know what you're complaining about. He doesn't have yo yo handles but they are obviosuly good enough for him to attack the basket with. Way to exagerate.
      Ummm, what? First of all, I didn't say that I want him to be a spot shooter. I said, he doesn't even have a quick release to be one if the team were to try that as a means to get him going. Getting to the line, hmmm. Getting to the line implies that he can dribble and penetrate to the hoop. Penetrating and dribbling are two things that Demar needs work on. Exaggerating, I think not. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting trading him out of town. I just said that there are other things this team needs to worry about. Trading Bargs because of his slow start back isn't one of them. Take a pill.
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
        hahaha i just laughed picturing devlin saying bang on
        hey i was right bargnani had a good game lol

Comment

• CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
          I'm not overly concerned with Bargnani's recent play.
          - he was great to start the season
          - he was amazing the two games he played coming back from injury the first time
          - he has missed so much time this second time around that his legs/conditioning are clearly not in shape
          - I'm sure BC/DC have told him not to push it too hard, to avoid another re-injury
          - his shot hasn't been dropping, but for the most part he's been making great decisions and taking good shots (not a lot of boneheaded plays, bad decisions or forced shots)
          - his assist numbers have been a pleasant surprise and with a better team, I could see him becoming a reliable distributor for a big man (2-3 APG)
          - although his rebounding stats have been inconsistent and not up to the 8 RPG that Casey was calling for at the start of the season, I also haven't seen him not getting many rebounds that I felt he should have (ie: many times the past few games, he has done a great job boxing out his man, letting the rebound fall to other Raptors players - bad for his stats, but his defensive positioning/effort still helped the team win the rebound)
          - the Raps have nothing to play for and have been using inconsistent lineups, plus it's not like the team/fans are overly upset with the losses

With an offseason to rest the leg and improve conditioning, a full preseason and an improved team, I believe that Bargnani is a potential Eastern all-star if he starts next season with the effort he showed up until his second injury this season.
          Nailed it. This year, for whatever reason, he cares.

Comment

• I just don't get it.....

Well...well..well...here I am 2 save all the raptor fans face of just 2 quit this crap about Bargnani the saviour,the man..of whatever this illusion of him being a franchise player..
            Yes it's me Dr Hannibal Lecter back again 2 let all u know how much I still love Andrea Bargnani..LOL..
            I just don't get it,honestly have all u watched the last what 6,7 years of Banana..Enough.
            So a new head coach comes in and he plays over his head,and he get's a boo boo,and his back 2 what banana is OVERRATED!!!
            Bryan Colangelo he knows he cannot waste another year or he might not have job in the association,period.
            If he doesen't accept that he was WRONG..wrong on Andrea,let him go..GO GET 1ST ROUND PICK in this draft year,get his money off the books,build your team the right way.
            Bargnani = 1st round pick(10 million under the cap)
            Calderon = Amnesty(save 9 to 10 million under cap)
            Get rid of Klieza...2nd round pick(save 4 to 5 million under cap)
            Draft young star players,use cap money for star players,sign also veteran players...
            This franchise don't get Banana out of this city,it will always be what it is...a LOSER.
            Honesty hurts...but trying 2 hide it is even worse...

Dr Hannibal Lecter
            Last edited by Dr Hannibal Lecter; Sun Mar 25, 2012, 09:39 PM.
            "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
            My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

• Dr Hannibal Lecter wrote: View Post
              Well...well..well...here I am 2 save all the raptor fans face of just 2 quit this crap about Bargnani the saviour,the man..of whatever this illusion of him being a franchise player..
              Yes it's me Dr Hannibal Lecter back again 2 let all u know how much I still love Andrea Bargnani..LOL..
              I just don't get it,honestly have all u watched the last what 6,7 years of Banana..Enough.
              So a new head coach comes in and he plays over his head,and he get's a boo boo,and his back 2 what banana is OVERRATED!!!
              Bryan Colangelo he knows he cannot waste another year or he might not have job in the association,period.
              If he doesen't accept that he was WRONG..wrong on Andrea,let him go..GO GET 1ST ROUND PICK in this draft year,get his money off the books,build your team the right way.
              Bargnani = 1st round pick(10 million under the cap)
              Calderon = Amnesty(save 9 to 10 million under cap)
              Get rid of Klieza...2nd round pick(save 4 to 5 million under cap)
              Draft young star players,use cap money for star players,sign also veteran players...
              This franchise don't get Banana out of this city,it will always be what it is...a LOSER.
              Honesty hurts...but trying 2 hide it is even worse...

Dr Hannibal Lecter
              Back to save us?

Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
              Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

Thanks for saving us.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                Back to save us?

Giving up Bargnani for a first round pick is not the answer. For his production, Bargnani is a relative bargain with his contract. I know a lot of teams that would give up thier first round selection for Bargnani. It's also called selling low and you get fired for moves like that.
                Why on earth would you trade Kleiza for a second round selection? You do know that the successful rate of most second round selections isn't very good, right? Of course you do. You're here to save us.

And amnestying Calderon, leaving the team with no point guard. That's brilliant! But you're here to save us.

And now, signing a big-name, star FA is your big plan when most players' view of playing in Toronto is very skewed. Why didn't any of us think of that?

Thanks for saving us.
                hahahahahaha +1
                Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

Back to save us?

Thanks for saving us.
                  hahaha i guess you had 2 mins to spare and came up with a response.

You're better off popping a zit than coming up with a response to that post.

Comment

Back to save us?

Thanks for saving us.

Ohh Mango..how delusional u are,like all the raptor fans who think Bargani is the saviour...don't u worry I will try 2 save u at least.
                    Where should I start,well as for Bargnani production is way over blown,if Bargnani played for some other team,he be a bench player.
                    A 1st round pick in this draft and 11million under the cap is steal. Bargnani has over stayed his welcome,if ure building a team his not in the picture,I'm sorry u got jonas valanciunas coming,what u gonna do with him,he ain't sitting,his playing,kid is good.
                    Are u serious about Klieza,omg,2nd round pick would be a blessing,get his contract off the cap...and this draft is deep..how about Myck Kabongo..canadian born,under the radar..take a chance.
                    Calderon is begging for his release,he was hoping before the season,so he could of went 2 L.A and play with his homme Paul Gasol. Are u serious about a team with no pg,what has he done 2 make this franchise say his a keeper,overatted,overpaid,no defense calderon,a player who let's his offensive player torch him everytime he his on the floor.
                    Like I said,build the team right way,draft young star players,sign free agents,veteran free agents.
                    I'll give something 2 ponder...

Draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, get another 1st round pick for Andrea Bargnani, u have 2 second round picks..draft Myck Kabongo canadian born and with other pick get another canadian kid Kris Joseph,try 2 move up if u can,u need team with canadian background.
                    Second sign free agents..ie Steve Nash,veteran,canadian,teacher for the young kids,and he ain't that bad as for pg..sign him 2 years,maybe 3 as an option. Ohh yeah his a big name,who still can play...sign more veteran players around these kids.
                    Trade Demar Derozan for Tyreke Evans...
                    This is something of start,build ure foundation,stop staying with same course and change it...
                    Dwayne Casey when interviewed,said next year team will be different team from top 2 bottom.
                    Hopefully Mango that open ure eyes, I realize u have ure opinion,I have mine..

Dr Hannibal Lecter
                    "Never apologize for coming to me. Office hours are for patients.
                    My kitchen is always open to friends"

Comment

Ohh Mango..how delusional u are,like all the raptor fans who think Bargani is the saviour...don't u worry I will try 2 save u at least.
                      Where should I start,well as for Bargnani production is way over blown,if Bargnani played for some other team,he be a bench player.
                      A 1st round pick in this draft and 11million under the cap is steal. Bargnani has over stayed his welcome,if ure building a team his not in the picture,I'm sorry u got jonas valanciunas coming,what u gonna do with him,he ain't sitting,his playing,kid is good.
                      Are u serious about Klieza,omg,2nd round pick would be a blessing,get his contract off the cap...and this draft is deep..how about Myck Kabongo..canadian born,under the radar..take a chance.
                      Calderon is begging for his release,he was hoping before the season,so he could of went 2 L.A and play with his homme Paul Gasol. Are u serious about a team with no pg,what has he done 2 make this franchise say his a keeper,overatted,overpaid,no defense calderon,a player who let's his offensive player torch him everytime he his on the floor.
                      Like I said,build the team right way,draft young star players,sign free agents,veteran free agents.

Draft Michael Kidd-Gilchrist from Kentucky, get another 1st round pick for Andrea Bargnani, u have 2 second round picks..draft Myck Kabongo canadian born and with other pick get another canadian kid Kris Joseph,try 2 move up if u can,u need team with canadian background.
                      Second sign free agents..ie Steve Nash,veteran,canadian,teacher for the young kids,and he ain't that bad as for pg..sign him 2 years,maybe 3 as an option. Ohh yeah his a big name,who still can play...sign more veteran players around these kids.
                      This is something of start,build ure foundation,stop staying with same course and change it...
                      Dwayne Casey when interviewed,said next year team will be different team from top 2 bottom.

Dr Hannibal Lecter

Mango is many things and delusional could very well be one of them for all I know. But one thing he is not is boring. It would be great if after nearly 250 pages in this thread and nearly 5000 posts you could offer something - ANYTHING - that has not already been beaten like the poor dead horse carcass behind the glue factory.

If you are so keen to discuss Bargnani, at least try to find a new spin. Many of the posters have ridiculed your most recent post because it is old news.... been there, talked about that.... we've all moved on.

The one thing Bargnani fanboys and 'haters' have in common is the lack of interest in debating the same argument that has been on going for nearly 5 years.

Comment

Dr Hannibal Lecter
                        You really need to go back to English class bro. I don't understand half the stuff you just said. Sorry to break it to you but your ideas stink more than a stale fish

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                          You really need to go back to English class bro. I don't understand half the stuff you just said. Sorry to break it to you but your ideas stink more than a stale fish
                          +1

There are probably more commas in your paragraphs than your words...
                          Twitter: @ReubenJRD • NBA, Raptors writer for Daily Hive Vancouver, Toronto.

Comment

• Funny thing is, he's the one who started this thread.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                              Funny thing is, he's the one who started this thread.
                              He started the first Bargnani thread of all the threads that were merged. Technically it was Apollo who went through all the pages and merged all the Bargnani threads in to one "Everything Bargnani."

Comment

• how did you guys know it was about bargnani?

Comment

Working...
                                X