Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    9 games are left. I can definitely see us losing the next 6 with Bargs in the lineup; Pacers[tonight], Boston, 76ers, the Hawks[twice on a back to back], and the Heat. Besides those match-ups we have the Bucks and the Pistons on a back to back and the Nets on the season closer.

I think we have two to three more wins left in us. At this point I'll be happy with 0.
    I'll meet you half way - 9.5

Besides tanking, shutting Bargnani down will be good coaches and management to get a final look at Amir and ED before decisions are made. Also, it gives them an opportunity to play JJ and Kleiza at the 4 a bit as well.

Comment

• amir is more intense, but, ed is probably a better defender and more potential as a starter.

On a second note, I dont think it's a lack of talent as much as inexperience on both sides and guys not stepping up. Jose is getting a bunch of dimes and bargnani points. nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• I agree, I think it's time to give Ed some more floor time. If Bargs is ready to play, I think you have to play him. If it looks like he may be in risk of another injury I think we have to be cautious with it and sit him. At this point this season is a wash. Next season is the one you have to focus on. For us to be successful next year we need Bargnani at full strength and over the calf problems.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
          Nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.
          Yet as a team they are +1 in rebounding over their opponents. Rebounding is a team thing, I'm not concerned with the individual stats, if the team as a whole is getting it done on the boards. If Bargs and other players are boxing out then I'm happy with that effort.

Comment

• saints91 wrote: View Post
            Yet as a team they are +1 in rebounding over their opponents. Rebounding is a team thing, I'm not concerned with the individual stats, if the team as a whole is getting it done on the boards. If Bargs and other players are boxing out then I'm happy with that effort.
            F'ing right.

Comment

amir is more intense, but, ed is probably a better defender and more potential as a starter.

On a second note, I dont think it's a lack of talent as much as inexperience on both sides and guys not stepping up. Jose is getting a bunch of dimes and bargnani points. nobody is really getting that many boards, and everybody else has been shit besides those two.
              You should be watching the games.

Amir has looked like someone stole his puppy.

ED has shown more and more his potential is a backup off the bench who might provide a spark every 3rd game.

The talk has been one of them has to go, but now I would hardly be upset with both leaving.

There needs to be consistency to be good.

FWIW, if I had to only keep one though, it would be Amir.

Comment

• I'm sticking with Ed. He's quicker and imo has more potential. Also his jumper looks ugly but it'll improve, Amir's jumpshot not only looks ugly but it takes 10 seconds to release like he constipated when he's shooting.

Comment

• NoPropsneeded wrote: View Post
                  I'm sticking with Ed. He's quicker and imo has more potential. Also his jumper looks ugly but it'll improve, Amir's jumpshot not only looks ugly but it takes 10 seconds to release like he constipated when he's shooting.
                  What's funny is that there was a pre-season video of Amir working on his new "quick-release" jumper, which didn't look any different than last year's jumper, lol.

It doesn't help matters that he never actually catches the ball in the shooter's position ready to launch. He shoots only if all other options are exhausted. That makes the shot seem even slower.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                    What's funny is that there was a pre-season video of Amir working on his new "quick-release" jumper, which didn't look any different than last year's jumper, lol.

It doesn't help matters that he never actually catches the ball in the shooter's position ready to launch. He shoots only if all other options are exhausted. That makes the shot seem even slower.
                    He knows he sucks at shooting so he never does. I dont see that as a bad thing though.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                      You should be watching the games.

Amir has looked like someone stole his puppy.

ED has shown more and more his potential is a backup off the bench who might provide a spark every 3rd game.

The talk has been one of them has to go, but now I would hardly be upset with both leaving.

There needs to be consistency to be good.

FWIW, if I had to only keep one though, it would be Amir.
                      the season is a wash no point in watching now. not that there ever was. I will be watching next year regardless of what happens in the off season. excited to see valanciunas in action.

i migh watch the final three or so. who do they have in the final five?

ed is in a sophomore slump, i dont care much for amir's game, I mean exciting yes, easy to find yes, ship him out, i couldn't care less if they both went.

package them together and get another top ten pick or top 15 and a piece.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

the season is a wash no point in watching now. not that there ever was. I will be watching next year regardless of what happens in the off season. excited to see valanciunas in action.

i migh watch the final three or so. who do they have in the final five?

ed is in a sophomore slump, i dont care much for amir's game, I mean exciting yes, easy to find yes, ship him out, i couldn't care less if they both went.

package them together and get another top ten pick or top 15 and a piece.
                        You've stated previously you are not and have not watched the games this year but you are giving opinions of Amir being more intense and Davis being a better defender and having more potential as a starter. I'm not sure the basis of such an evaluation.

No doubt to each their own opinion but they are difficult to take at face value when you've admittedly barely watched a game all season.

Comment

No doubt to each their own opinion but they are difficult to take at face value when you've admittedly barely watched a game all season.
                          lol!!

Comment

You've stated previously you are not and have not watched the games this year but you are giving opinions of Amir being more intense and Davis being a better defender and having more potential as a starter. I'm not sure the basis of such an evaluation.

Well, it's not like this is their first year here. Just because I haven't seen more than a quarter of game footage all year. I'm still obligated to have an opinion, I wouldn't be throwin out an opinion on something I knew nothing about.

I've formed an opinion after absorbingmany views of sports writers, casters, highlights, and this forum.

plus, I enjoy arguing.

Comment

Via HoopsHype.com:
                              Everything old is new again.... Best shape of mah life brah! Imma new playa brah! Fill in the blanks:

“As a coach, everyone in the team likes him (________________), unlike __________, and he earned the respect of all the players right from Day 1,” Bargnani said. “That’s why we asked [Raptors president Bryan Colangelo] to confirm him. And he agreed, because he’s the right man to start over with.”

“Something changed in my head last summer, but not having a lot of minutes on court, I didn’t get the chance to show it.”

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                                Everything old is new again.... Best shape of mah life brah! Imma new playa brah! Fill in the blanks:

“As a coach, everyone in the team likes him (________________), unlike __________, and he earned the respect of all the players right from Day 1,” Bargnani said. “That’s why we asked [Raptors president Bryan Colangelo] to confirm him. And he agreed, because he’s the right man to start over with.”

“Something changed in my head last summer, but not having a lot of minutes on court, I didn’t get the chance to show it.”
                                I'm a little slow. I need a little more context.

Comment

Working...
                                X