• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frankthetank wrote:
    *This post has been deleted*
    umm what ???

bosh and bargnani pick n roll ??

hahahah this isnt even worth responding any further to
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Sun Aug 29, 2010, 07:49 PM.

Comment

• RecklessIndifference wrote: View Post
      Amir is a great role player and hustle guy. Exactly what our team needs. BUT if he starts all of his PER, per 36 and per 48's will all go down.
      I agree. Overwhelmingly.

Let me put it this way.

Amir last year put up 10 reb/36, 13 pts/36...but wait! 6.5 fouls per 36 minutes. So he'd foul out every game before achieving those averages.

For a man loving stats, I don't know how Buddah omits this.

Someone has a man crush.
      Joshua Priemski
      NBA blogger
      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
      www.RufusOnFire.com/
      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
        To suggest that Bargnani is better than Okafor reveals that you are FULLY Mongoloid! Last I checked Okafor can play defense, rebound, and his points averages aren't that shy of Bargnani's. For you to suggest Bargnani be the focal point of the raptors reveals 1. You hate the raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. You must be related to Bryan Colangelo.

Yes Okafor is a complimentary player, but so is Bargnani!!
        Your ignorance and stupidity is shining through very clearly...Check Okafor's stats last season 10.4ppg per game and 6 defensive rpg, Bargs 17.2ppg and 5 defensive rpg. Bargs points are considerably higher while defensive rebounds are about the same. Your suggestion that we trade him for Okafor reveals:
        1. You hate the Raptors and never want them to succeed. 2. Your parents are related

Comment

• I actually dont think the centre shootin 10 3 pointers is that weird, specially since he hit 40% of em anyways .... though... -_- these boxscores bttr be wrong on thos freethrow percentages .... they're juss... fail

Comment

• Guys, they were 16 year olds. Just want to point that out. But yeah, they shot horrifically from the line. Crazy. Oh, and I think it's not a problem with the boxscore because in Bargnani's profile, it says that his career high free throw attempts is 24, and free throws made is 9 (last week)

Comment

• Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.

Comment

• Why only consider defensive rebounds, are offensive ones not important? Wouldn't comparing total rebounds make more sense? What if I were to make a general claim that Bargnani's rebounds are atrocious compared to Okafor because Okafor gets 3.1 OReb while Bargnani averaged 1.3 in 09/10? Would that be fair?

Another issue, why do you choose to not round the point production but round the rebounds? These are averages over an entire season, the first decimal place matters. Thinking to personal experiences, the last time I rounded an answer to a whole number and got the question right was in elementary school.

Therefore, a fairer comparison between Okafor and Bargnani would be:

Okafor - 10.4pts 9.0reb
                Bargs - 17.2pts 6.2reb

Lastly, because my parents are 150% related and both them and I hate the Raptors, I'll also post Okafor and Bargnani's career averages. (Warning! These stats are surely irrelevant).

Okafor - 13.3pts 10.3reb
                Bargs - 13.7pts 4.8reb

But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
                Last edited by Krix; Sat Aug 28, 2010, 03:42 AM.

Comment

• pistol pete wrote: View Post
                  Bargnani has made 81,5% FT in his NBA career. Last year 77,4%. Which stat is relevant: a single game in 2003, or this one? Come on.
                  He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                    He was really inconsistent last year. He used to be a great free throw shooter, but last year he hit 5/5 sometimes, then he'd hit 6/10 or 3/6. It's important that he hits his free throws, especially as he doesn't get to the line very much... But this was just a post for fun, not really related to how he will be this year...
                    Don't you think his SEASON average of ~80% is a much better representation of his free throw shooting ability instead of three random games you remember watching?

Comment

• Krix wrote: View Post
                      But alas, I like to re-emphasize, there is absolutely no argument that Okafor can be better than Bargnani.
                      Glad that we're on the same page. Okafor and Bargnani are nearly polar opposites. However, Okafor has reached his peak, Bargnani's still finding his way.

Besides, we already have Amir Johnson. We don't need another.
                      Joshua Priemski
                      NBA blogger
                      SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                      www.RufusOnFire.com/
                      www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• Next Year At This Time - Will Bargnani Threads Be 'More Popular' Or 'Less Popular'?

I was just counting the number of Bargnani threads on page #1

Of the 10 threads with the most recent posts, five of them have "Bargnani" in the thread title.

Next year at this time will Bargnani threads be more popular to less popular?
                        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                          what a dumbass...

ok so if there were no plays being called for him why was SUCH A HIGH PERCENTAGE OF HIS MADE FIELD GOALS assisted on (way more than anyone else on the team) ??

hez not creating his own shot is he ??
                          I thought you didn't throw personal insults " dumbass". Meantime what I meant was he rarely got the lob in on the elbow to be able to create his own shot like RuPaul did. The reason many of his field goals are assisted is because many come from swinging the ball, or last minute passes from broken plays called for RuPaul. The other thing is what is wrong with shots being assisted? Have you been watching the NBA so much you have come to love the constant ball hogging that goes on in this league so guys can pad their stats? Remember basketball drills playing scrimage where the coach would mandate three passes before someone could shoot? That was to try and create team basketball that finds the open man and exposes slower defenses, something the Raptors could rarely do with RuPaul style basketball because he did not have the talent, desire, or IQ to actually pass the ball as a first option.
                          Bargnani will get more unassisted points this year without RuPaul, but I still say that a center or PF does not need to to be effective. That's why they have pass first guards, and unselfish players. That's why teams like the Lakers and Celtics win games, not only because of their stars but because they have figured out how to do what's best for the team. That's also why I think RuPaul will strugle because he's only ever worried about himself.
                          Sorry about turning this into RuPaul but he's my favourite piece of shit girly haired, deadbeat dad, bald headed chick dater I know.

Comment

• Awesome! I think he lives with him!

Comment

• Introcollapse wrote: View Post
                              Glad that we're on the same page. Okafor and Bargnani are nearly polar opposites. However, Okafor has reached his peak, Bargnani's still finding his way.

Besides, we already have Amir Johnson. We don't need another.
                              Krix you fail to state that Bargs position in the offence does not speak to alot of boards, and also that and GM would pay way more for the extra 7 points versus the extra three boards. Look at what Evans, and Amir make versus scoring big men.

Comment

• Budda that's because Bargnani is our Mohammed Ali, people either love him or hate him!
                                I'm voting there will be way more because I forecast you will either have to retire your prolific thread posting or you will swallow your pride and admit he's a great player and even greater than your boy! lol

Comment

Working...
                                X