No announcement yet.

Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Many Rebounds Will Bargnani Average In 2010-11?

With Bosh now in Miami so he won't take away any of Bargnani's rebounds(sarcasm) how many rebounds do RR folks think that Bargnani will average in 2010-11?

Me, myself, I think that he will end up averaging about 6 rebounds a game plus he won't be much of a detouring presence in the paint defensively as well.

Comment

• He's averaged close to 6 rebounds per 36 mpg his entire career. There's no reason to think this season will be any different.
      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I say around 7-7.5

Comment

• There is only one ball to rebound on any given shot. - Comment: That was just f***ing brilliant

Depends how Carlesimo and Triano decide to use Bargnani and Amir. - Say What?

Oh that was just a bunch of bull

Yea, yea it was.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• 8-9 rebounds a game. I will be willing to bet sircilly and tim. The loser gets banned from the raptors republic board????

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
              He's averaged close to 6 rebounds per 36 mpg his entire career. There's no reason to think this season will be any different.

Comment

• Six. I mean, IF he's offensive responsibilities gets bigger, I don't see how that could improve his rebounding. More emphasis on offense in any player's game does not warrant better defense (ie. Ron Artest - decent offense, great defense, Carmelo Anthony - great offence, lousy defence, unless your name is LeBron or Wade).
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• I said 7, but he could easily average 8. Who knows what happens if Amir is able to stay on the floor.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    I said 7, but he could easily average 8. Who knows what happens if Amir is able to stay on the floor.
                    Amir said he weighs 237. Players usually lose weight during the season if they are playing.

I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.

There should be a lot of rebounds available for Bargnani without even to having to go after them.
                    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

• 8 rebounds?! come on people lets be realistic here, he will score 20 points a night but 8 rebounds, ain't happening unless he changes his game.

Comment

• matt wrote: View Post
                        8 rebounds?! come on people lets be realistic here, he will score 20 points a night but 8 rebounds, ain't happening unless he changes his game.
                        Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.

Comment

• Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                          Amir said he weighs 237. Players usually lose weight during the season if they are playing.

I have some real reservations whether Amir can average his double double like he said this morning on Raptors Live Chat.

There should be a lot of rebounds available for Bargnani without even to having to go after them.
                          It has nothing really to do with weight. Amir has always been a foul machine - ever since he came out of HS and playing in the league.

Comment

Why isn't it a realistic possibility? We just lost our leading rebounder. It's not I said that I expected him to average 12 board a game.
                            Why? b/c if he is the same Bargs that I've been watching for the past 4 seasons, then a logical fan would know that this guy, regardless of who is on the floor, has no motivation to get a rebound, boxes out? yes, but rarely do you see him get his hands all over the racket to try and get rebounds like Bosh did, and plz don't tell me its b/c of Bosh, its actually the other way around.

Comment

• Now children simmer down.... Can we all agree that an improvement is very likely? Can we all agree that it will be in the 7-8 Rpg range? His assertiveness should go up as he builds an ego about being "the Guy" - Plus he's going to be forced to play inside atleast marginally more because of the lack of an offensive go-to-guy down there... Also he's likely going to be the lone big in some small-ball lineups...
                              When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Comment

It has nothing really to do with weight. Amir has always been a foul machine - ever since he came out of HS and playing in the league.
                                It has everything to do with weight.

Go analyze his fouls and you will see that a lot of them are due to his trying to guard stronger heavier guys

On top of that his career average for rebounds is only 10 per 36 minutes. So even if can control his fouls he is not going to play 36 mpg.

Learn your stuff my friend.

Comment

Working...
                                X