Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edgar wrote: View Post
    I hope Bargs gets dunked on 100 times this season just like that... because if he is it means he's contesting the help-side defense and challenging attempts at the rim. Even the announcers were like "Bargnani was right there..." - He challenged the dunk attempt without fouling him and Lasme had a difficult time putting that down (to the point of landing on his ass) which is all you can ask of a big man trying to cover up someone else's mistake (albeit Dorsey was in a bad mismatch)
    What video clip were YOU watching ? He didnt challenge anything...he didnt attempt to get in his way or put a body on him like
    a big man in the paint is supposed to do....

Comment

• They arent running plays for his lazy ass when he stands around looking dis interested...

and NOW the apologists are saying bargs needs a better team,a winning team to excel ?
      Funny cuz on a winning team he'd be a 3rd option getting no touches or opportunities..its on a losing team with no expectations
      where he should be able to stat whore like crazy with no reprimand on any shot and basically do anything with the ball he wants IE Mike James 2006....

Some of bargnani stans make the most ass backwards contradicting arguments for the sake of backing ur man and/or lying....

Comment

• lol @ the next big thing 5 years later still being the next big thing....lol i swear no other player in NBA history is afforded this much leash..its hilarious....

Another great bargnani myth :

Will play better on a better team with a different coach...

So on a good team with better player he'll become an all star but when he played with Bosh it was the better players taking his shots that was the problem..so shouldnt it be now that he has the chance to become the lead guy on a team with no true stars,shouldnt that benefit his progression ?

these stans cant ever make up there mind lol

Comment

• footie wrote: View Post
          Probably if he was playing on another team...the Raptors they sucks too much !!!

They are all very quick in bashing Bargnani, what about the rest of the team and the lack of offensive schemes showed tonight???

De Rozan???Jack???? the young freaking gunz ???? it's all crap ! put Bargnani with a real coach in a real system and he will be a all-star or at least someone you cannot laugh about ...now in this condition it's too easy !
          Wouldn't one would think that a truly gifted player would stand out more while surrounded by a team that sucks too much?

What's happening so far seems like what I touched on in the spring, that being Bargnani has struggled more times than not when playing without Bosh, a guy who forces the double team and creates space for others.

Comment

• Sad truth is you might as well just stick it out with him now and pray he gets a work ethic cuz nobody is going to give you anythign decent for a guy thats clearly underachieving and has a big contract now....best time to do this was 2 years ago not 5 years into a underachieving career....right now were stuck him with and Jose...

Nobody wants a big man that doesnt play big...you dont win with them.....

Comment

• Hold up did someone actually reply that they would still pick Andrea over Brandon Roy ?
              ha ha

stop lying !

Comment

• jrdyck wrote: View Post
                Did Andrea get a single play run for him yesterday? The Bulls announcers were talking all night about how little he was involved in the offence, and they were right. It was really beginning to frustrate me... seemed like they were restricting what he was able to do on the floor. The only place he got the ball was at the three-point line with a Raptor standing on either side of him. Not one post-up.

Hopefully it's just a pre-season thing...
                Okay, for the last time (not to you). IT'S A MOTION OFFENSE. You don't generally run plays for people in a motion offense. If you want the ball, you move. Bargnani floats, he doesn't move, hence why he doesn't get the ball. The ONLY person to blame for Bargnani not getting the ball is Bargnani.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                  I remember BC saying in an interview earlier this past summer that he gets trade offers for Bargnani all the time but he never mentioned the specifics or exact trade particulars.

I was wondering what type of offers has BC turned down for Bargnani over the years.

Is AB an irreplaceable part of BC's Euro based basketball ideology & philosophy experiment in TO?

Is Bargnani part of the Raptor's future or is his value better used as a trade assest to gain better parts for TO?

Can anyone enlighten me as to why BC seemingly to refuses the thought of ever parting ways with Bargnani?
                  Hold on a sec! Are you saying u don't like Bargs??
                  Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

• SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                    Was Jose the PRIMARY STARTER at pg for TO all those 82 games pre his big contract? No he wasn't. And ever since Jose got his big contract along with the starting pg job he has been very injury prone- fact.
                    No he was never a full time starter for an entire season before receiving the contract, but he was a free agent at that time. It was either re-sign him or let him go for nothing. Signing him to the contract was the better of the two choices. And you said that they shouldn't have signed him to the big contract because he was injury prone. He wasn't before he signed the contract. There was no evidence to make you think he was. Hindsight is 20/20.

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
                    Rudy Gay wasn't drafted number 1 overall, Bargnani was and yet I'd take Gay over Bargnani contract and all right now. Potential gets folks fired unless there's a MLSE/Stern master plan ie Europeanize the Raptor's from the front office onto the basketball court. Also, it might not have been a bad idea to let Bargnani test the f/a waters.....but he's BC "Golden Child"..........smh
                    Who cares where anyone was drafted. Once the draft is players play, their draft position is irrelevant. Bargnani certainly wasn't a bad pick, he just was not the best player drafted in a poor draft. In that draft, there have been only two All-Star, and one of them was drafted 21st, so it's obviously a little hard to predict. In that draft, only 6 players have become full time starters and only 3 have averaged at least 30 mpg over the course of their career. Unfortunately the Raptors got the top pick in a really poor year.

It's not just their contracts it's the players themselves that are a hindrance to the Rap's. You never know who will come once you dangle the money. Money talks bs walks. Next summer they may still have Calderon & Bargnani as well.....smh
                    No, you never know who's going to agree to sign if you dangle enough money, but this past summer was not a good summer to be a team with cap space if you weren't a sought after location. New Jersey had enough cap space for two max contracts and they got Travis Outlaw. Oooh! Washington, Minnesota, the Clippers and Sacramento all had cap room and didn't end up signing anyone of note. And while they still may have Bargnani and Calderon next summer, they'll still be under the cap.

Why not use the TPE then. What was all BC's luxury tax talk about pre Bosh signing with Miami? Another Bull Chit PR spin in the wind? 4 plus years ago BC drafted Bargnani #1 overall- the future you speak of mortgaging is now for Bargnani. What's wrong with making the playoffs today as tomorrow is never promised? I live in the now and worry about tomorrow when it comes BC needs to acquire quality veteran NBA players now not some more projects and put a competitive respectable team on the court ASAP. He has the means ie TPE/expiring contracts/young talent, to get it done. Ex: Utah acquired Jefferson via their multi million dollar TPE to make sure that they will still be competitive after losing Boozer- BC????
                    You want to use the TPE exception? On who? On a player that another team doesn't want and that's overpaid? I think the difference is that your goal seems to be to make the playoffs. My goal is to build a Championship team. Throwing money at a guy who will get you a few more wins isn't going to do that. And I thought Utah grabbing Jefferson was a bad move. It keeps their head above water, but they're never, ever going to win with him because he's an awful defender. And he's overpaid. I'd rather pay Bargnani $8 million than Jefferson $13 million. Neither one is going to play defense for you, but I can spend the extra $5 million on someone that does.

You live in the now, which is great, but good GMs have to see the big picture. It's why GM/coaches rarely work. If you're coaching the team, your main goal is to win each game. The GM has to be able to sacrifice a few games for the long term. A coach isn't going to want to do that.

Oh, and I'm a firm believer that a team shouldn't go into the luxury tax unless it makes them a true contender. Not once have the Raptors been in a position to be able to do that. Most of the top teams went into the luxury tax to make the final step, and not before.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Yi Jianlian was the last trade offer I ever heard leak involving Bargnani. That was years ago. Colangelo doesn't like to show his cards.

Comment

• Even motion offenses run ISO. It's not the bread and butter but it's still in the play book. Especially late in the clock.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                          Even motion offenses run ISO. It's not the bread and butter but it's still in the play book. Especially late in the clock.
                          But why on earth would you run ISOs for Bargnani. He's not a give it to him and get out of the way type of player.
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• No he was never a full time starter for an entire season before receiving the contract, but he was a free agent at that time. It was either re-sign him or let him go for nothing. Signing him to the contract was the better of the two choices. And you said that they shouldn't have signed him to the big contract because he was injury prone. He wasn't before he signed the contract. There was no evidence to make you think he was. Hindsight is 20/20.
                            Do you not understand the words that I am posting? Or are you making up your own definition of my words? Jose never played a full season as the Raptor's primary starter at point guard pre his current contract (he split time or was backing up or starting over TJ Ford but was never the primary starter throughout the season)- nothing more, nothing less- comprehend? Making up sh*t to come off as being correct is 100% facetious balderdash- partner.

Who cares where anyone was drafted. Once the draft is players play, their draft position is irrelevant. Bargnani certainly wasn't a bad pick, he just was not the best player drafted in a poor draft. In that draft, there have been only two All-Star, and one of them was drafted 21st, so it's obviously a little hard to predict. In that draft, only 6 players have become full time starters and only 3 have averaged at least 30 mpg over the course of their career. Unfortunately the Raptors got the top pick in a really poor year.
                            Save that drama for the Dalai Lama. He was drafted number one over all any basketball follower knows how much prestige is given to the number 1 overall NBA draft pick especially since the Lottery era- recognize game or remain mentally lame. The Raptor's got the top pick in a very weak draft and drafted an unknown (to most NBA/Raptor followers) foreign project as part of the BC/Stern vision to Europeanize Toronto basketball in the NBA's globalization effort. It wouldn't surprise me if some behind the scenes maneuvering went on to ensure that TO got the 1st pick (in order to draft Bargnani) ala NY & Ewing. The NBA is a business looking to globalize itself & TO is an asset that Stern is using to do exactly such under the guise of a International philosophy NBA team in the TDot.

No, you never know who's going to agree to sign if you dangle enough money, but this past summer was not a good summer to be a team with cap space if you weren't a sought after location. New Jersey had enough cap space for two max contracts and they got Travis Outlaw. Oooh! Washington, Minnesota, the Clippers and Sacramento all had cap room and didn't end up signing anyone of note. And while they still may have Bargnani and Calderon next summer, they'll still be under the cap.
                            I'd rather TO be in luxury tax territory while getting rid of both Jose & Bargnani in the process.

You want to use the TPE exception? On who? On a player that another team doesn't want and that's overpaid? I think the difference is that your goal seems to be to make the playoffs. My goal is to build a Championship team. Throwing money at a guy who will get you a few more wins isn't going to do that. And I thought Utah grabbing Jefferson was a bad move. It keeps their head above water, but they're never, ever going to win with him because he's an awful defender. And he's overpaid. I'd rather pay Bargnani $8 million than Jefferson $13 million. Neither one is going to play defense for you, but I can spend the extra $5 million on someone that does.

You live in the now, which is great, but good GMs have to see the big picture. It's why GM/coaches rarely work. If you're coaching the team, your main goal is to win each game. The GM has to be able to sacrifice a few games for the long term. A coach isn't going to want to do that.

Oh, and I'm a firm believer that a team shouldn't go into the luxury tax unless it makes them a true contender. Not once have the Raptors been in a position to be able to do that. Most of the top teams went into the luxury tax to make the final step, and not before.
                            I want Carmello Anthony!!!!!!!!!!!

Rap's need a SF/point forward (especially since Barbosa seems like their best overall guard & could start) and/or a center from the names I have read rumored to be available: Kaman? Prince? MWilliams? Diaw? Anthony? Okafor? Nene? SJackson?

You gotta make the playoffs to get to the championship, friend....

I'd take Jefferson and his contract over Bargnani- all day, every day- forever. AJ boards much better than Barg's as well as he posts up in the paint plus he is a basketball player with heart not a person with a heart playing basketball. Not to mention Sloan will hjave AJ playing D or he'll be sitting on the bench too bad Jay has to take orders from his svengali BC instead of making his own moves like Sloan......

Jay "I liked the effort" Triano is the 1st NBA Canadian head coach- nothing more than a feel good PR story for the TO fans to suck up or spit out while being misled and deceive by BC, Jay & Gherardini......3 blind mice.......3 stooges.......3 the soft way.....

BC's big picture Raptor vision is str8 up Bull Chit; from 2006-07 Atlantic Division champs (then Boston made the major moves while BC sat on his laurels & now own the Atlantic) to 2010-11 Conference chumps- as is. BC's future is now- I don't know what type of basketball paradigm you're trying to convey but I want a GM & coach who want to compete in every game and let the chips fall where they may instead of planning for a high lottery pick while feeding the fan base an unlimited supply of MLSE marketing propaganda in the form of various PR spins.

What was BC's luxury tax media hype during Boshs' free agency? Just some bull chit to pacify the fans into thinking that he was really going all out to re-sign CB? If you want a winner in the current NBA a GM will most likely have to go into luxury tax territory until a new CBA is negotiated that how it currently is.

That being said BC aka Bull Chit needs to learn how to- shut up! We don't believe you, you need more people.
                            Last edited by SirChillyMost; Wed Oct 13, 2010, 03:23 PM.

Comment

• Employee wrote: View Post
                              Hold on a sec! Are you saying u don't like Bargs??
                              I think that we have winner here.........

If Bargnani was the 1st big man off the bench then I would like his game alot more but as a starter no way Jose.......as in Calderon.

Comment

• lol @ Colangelo being 5th in the most disappointing raptor poll...

Comment

Working...
                                X