Everything Bargnani

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptorsss wrote: View Post
    Bargnani has a chance, but I'm betting that he doesn't make it in his career (I hope he proves me wrong). Kleiza is the only player who has a realistic chance at making it to the All-star game.

Jose Calderon? Your serious? He's a glorified back-up on a mediocre team...
    kleiza doesnt have a realistic chance of ever being an all star...i was joking with thread and i hope you were with this reply...

Comment

• ... I'm having trouble taking this thread seriously. This can easily be answered when looking at the age, upside and competition. Bargnani is younger, has far more upside and has less competition at his position.

Comment

• barney sux and he needs to go back to rome, and he can drop jose off in spain FUCK INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS; except andrew bogut, linas klieza, gasol bros and manu
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
          barney sux and he needs to go back to rome, and he can drop jose off in spain FUCK INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS; except andrew bogut, linas klieza, gasol bros and manu
          If the Young Gunz ever panned out you should start making that avi into a shirt....id cop.

Comment

• Who Cares?

I'm not going to agree or disagree with Shaq but I will say this. Why do we care what Shaq thinks? It seems like Shaq takes it as an insult when young seven footers get high praise, especially those to don't approach the game with an old school mentality and a desire for high fat foots. The list is long but I'll name a few here. He dissed Dwight Howard, Yao Ming, Chris Bosh(come on, he's closer to seven foot than 2.5cm is to an inch) and of course Andrea Bargnani. Shaq thought process:
            • Bargnani isn't a tradition center or even PF, strike one.
            • Bargnani got some high praise by somebody because he's now "the man" in Toronto, strike two and three.

He's out in Shaq's mind. Time to kick the guy getting some attention that he feels he deserves for being the seventh or eighth option on the Celtics' coattail.

If Doc Rivers said it, I'd take it serious but Shaq? Come on now, the man is insecure and immature. Funny as hell at times but insecure and immature. He's somewhat tainted his image over the past five years with his lame ass quotes.
            Last edited by Apollo; Wed Oct 20, 2010, 01:51 PM.

Comment

• Gallinari has a crazy shot but seems very flat footed to nba star in the day and age

Comment

• Andrea Bargnani's Left Nut

Let's put Bargnani's Left Nut under a microscope and talk about it 24/7. I'm sure we can say his left nut hangs lower then his right and it throws his defense off.

Let's blame the entire misfortunes of the Raptors on the #1 draft pick. Let's gas up the Andrea hate train and drive it over him one more time, because hell, he deserves. Let's let Andrea know how much we appreciate our #1 option and unload a truck load of shit on him EVERYDAY so he's FRESH and ready to go next game. Shit... I'm going to start telling my mom it her fault I'm not 6'7" and never made the NBA. That should make me feel better.....

The Raptors are in a Re-build with young players.... we are not going to the playoff this year... OH I got an Idea... lets direct all our negative energy towards our BEST option and then ask why he's not confident and why other player don't want to come here to our Roller Coaster Fans. YOUR AMAZING.....next.....YOU SUCK!!!!

This guy grew up in Rome Italy. A HUGE city that has dealt with TONS of controversy. Andrea's won't say much to the media about all the negative stuff cause he's got more class then that.

You know when my niece calls me the GodFather I defiantly get a confidence boost. A little go's a long way..............!

Reggie gets it!

Comment

• Papi, I feel your frustration. Certainly Bargnani is not deserving of all the scrutiny he gets but with the prestige of being selected #1 so too is there lofty expectations. Many fans had lofty expectations, right or wrong, it is what it is. He deserves some criticism but he also deserves credit for improving every year.

I agree with you, Andrea Bargnani is a class act. He never causes trouble on or off the court and I am really hoping he can step up to the plate this year and prove the critics wrong. Toronto fans and media are a lot like Philly fans and media. Once a player is "marked" it's hard for that player to ever fall back into favor with the fans. Andrea Bargnani was marked from day one. What I hope happens is that if Bargnani finally steps up, leads and has an extremely successful season that the fans support him instead of what happened with Donovan McNabb in Philly. I have my doubts whether the fans will ever support Bargnani no matter how he turns out. I'm reminded of Mats Sundin and how hard he played for the Leafs. He was a great player, a great leader and gave it his all. Still, he couldn't get the devotion he deserved from his city. Erase Sundin's name and fill in McNabb's and it still works.
                  Last edited by Apollo; Thu Oct 21, 2010, 09:19 PM.

Comment

• Once people stop associating Bargnani with being the number one pick, and recognize him for who he is - a player, the hate will remain.

I've accepted that Bargnani is who he is. He has shortcomings as all players do. Number one pick? So what? That was years ago. Move on.
                    Joshua Priemski
                    NBA blogger
                    SB Nation's Rufus on Fire
                    www.RufusOnFire.com/
                    www.twitter.com/HoopPlusTheHarm/

Comment

• The sentiments are well taken. I have generally been a supporter of Bargnani and his potential as a player and the person he is... but now in his fifth year my questions in December shall be..."Should AB continue to be the starting centre on the Raps" and "Will he be better coming off the bench" and "Should the team trade him to improve the team with the returning assets".

I believe he would have had enough time to adjust, become a major force on the team or time to cut bait. I am beyond thinking of him as a first overall...there were worse (Olowakandi and Kwame Brown relatively recently)

Comment

• y would u talk bout a next manz nuts, u need a lil help bruh!

Comment

• I for one don't care where he was drafted, and never, ever once criticized his personally. I don't have a problem with the way he conducts himself off the court and I have, on occasion, defended him from, what I felt, were inappropriate or simply incorrect criticisms.

That said, why on earth should we not criticize him for what he does on the court? Because of his role on the team, the number of minutes he plays and how vocal his fanbase is, I think Bargnani should expect criticism.

My one complaint is basically the idea behind this thread. His fans seem to think that he should be beyond criticism. He's not. He does one thing well, and that's shoot. He's a very poor rebounder, a very poor defender, and is simply not the offensive talent that he is talked up to be. His fans seem to vastly overrate him and often take it personally if you don't agree.

The idea of letting him alone to play his game would be fine if I thought his game wasn't so detrimental to the team. He's a big man who doesn't do the two most important things big men MUST do. Protect the paint and rebound. You can't win with a guy like that as your starting center (and he's even worse at PF, as I've gone over before).

I think it's great that he's a class and and is representing himself well. I think everyone one should be like that, regardless of what they do. But if I hire an accountant who can't add, I'm going to want to fire him regardless of how nice a guy he is.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I dont think AB has fallen out of favor with toronto fans. Ive been to games and seen how people cheer for him. Ive seen Bargnani jerseys all over toronto. I think the haters are mostly here in RR.

I absolutely agree that because he was a #1 pick, his game is much more magnified. But i dont think its fair to say he's a bust. Olawakandi was a bust, and so was Kwame. But Bargs is pretty much in the middle of the pack.

People here tend to exaggerate...."very poor rebounder, a very poor defender" i think is a little over the top. The guy averaged 6 rebounds (ranked 51st) and 1.4 shot blocks (ranked 14th) last season. I dont think one should label these as "poor" numbers, theyre average, but playing alongside Bosh who pretty much dominated the paint probably contributed to this. I think we should give him this season to see how he can adjust himself to being the #1 option, then you can throw him under the bus so to speak if he still puts up the same numbers.

Comment

• i spent a bit of time during the offseason not coming to this board because offseason hypothetical chatter was pissing me off... like, not even really lurking or anything... just didnt want to hear it until actual basketball started... i'm not a fan of the business of basketball, just the game

when i finally came back, because preseason started, and i was kind of excited for the season thanks to the play of kleiza and barbosa, i'd say 8 out of 10 threads on the first page were bargs-bashing pages

you'd think he'd dissed toronto to go play for the heat or something.

Comment

• lyrical militia wrote: View Post
                                y would u talk bout a next manz nuts, u need a lil help bruh!
                                Well..... Headlines sell my friend... and why did you click on a article about a mans Nutz then.....?

Comment

Working...
                                X