Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If The Raptor's Intend To Rebuild, How Long Will It Take To Be Competitive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If The Raptor's Intend To Rebuild, How Long Will It Take To Be Competitive?

If the Raptor's intend to rebuild, how long will it take to be competitive. Let's dream a bit and look at drafting history. If in 2005 the Raptors drafted Bynum and Granger instead of Villaneuva and Graham; drafted Roy instead of Bargnani, kept their pick in 2008 and drafted Hibbert, selected Jennings instead of deRozen to fill void at point guard. the team in 2009-10 would have looked like:

Bynum/Hibbert/Nesterovic
    Bosh/Johnson
    Granger/Moon
    Roy/Parker/Weems
    Calderon/Jennings

I am assuming there was no deal for Ford, O'Neal or Turk, (did not have to)did not sign Jack,resigned Parker & Moon and made the deal for Johnson & Weems. if we only drafted better ! With the team assembled , the loss of Bosh would have been much easier to overcome in 2010-11.
    Last edited by James Ballswin (Realizar); Tue Aug 3, 2010, 03:19 PM. Reason: Added spaces between paragrahs

nah,even if we just drafted roy hibbbert we would have been better regardless if bosh left or not. you would have hibbert,bargnani,weems or kleiza, barbosa or derozan, jack and maybe wed keep calderon.

i actually kind of do find it stupid that we are trading calderon when he has no problem being a backup here and is prolly the best backup in the league.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

They aren't rebuilding, they are "retooling".

Comment

I consider "competitive" as being a playoff team. I give that two seasons.

Comment

Personally, I think it'll take another 3 seasons in order for this team to be competitve and stay competitive in the East for years. By that time. the Calderon contract will be gone, we'll see what DeRozan, Davis and the young gunz are all about, we would have added another high draft selection (or two).

Comment

all depends on how well we do drafting the next couple years. with derozan unproven, our history isn't good. if we do draft a couple studs, we could potentially be the east's thunder.
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I think best case is in 3 years we upset someone and get to the second round.
              "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Why didn't we just draft Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, or Steve Nash in the 1996 draft instead of Camby? We had the 2nd overall pick after all...

LOL we probably would've had 5+ championship rings if we were to dream

Comment

i'd take camby over ray allen right now
                  @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I consider "competitive" as being a playoff team. I give that two seasons.
                    id say that too, just as long as Bryan doesnt acquire any more turkoglu contracts and we draft well, in two season we could have a decent team

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post
                      Why didn't we just draft Kobe Bryant, Ray Allen, or Steve Nash in the 1996 draft instead of Camby? We had the 2nd overall pick after all...

Hindsight is 20/20.

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                        i'd take camby over ray allen right now
                        Are you mad!!!
                        http://websitedweeb.userboard.net-Introduce your website. No signup required!

Comment

Mr.Grinch wrote: View Post
                          Are you mad!!!
                          I'd take Camby too. He still plays solid D, alters a lot of shots and grabs a lot of boards. We saw Allen struggle bigtime throughout the season, in which many believed that it was the beginning of his demise.

Comment

playmak3r5 wrote: View Post

Agree, I'm sick of all those "had we drafted him instead of him" scenarios

Comment

Everyone has them. Imagine if the Pistons drafted Melo, Wade or Bosh instead of Darko? Or if Portland drafted Durant instead of Oden? You can't think like that. You'll drive yourself crazy. It's counterproductive. Camby turned out to be an excellent player. Beat up on the busts if you must but not the good picks.

Comment

Working...
                              X