X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Mike D'Antoni Out, Jay Triano In

Coach Mike D'Antoni out, Jay Triano in
    August 3, 2010

USA Basketball Men’s National Team assistant coach Mike D’Antoni, a member of the USA National Team coaching staff since 2006, will be unable to travel with the USA Men’s World Championship Team to Europe this summer because of back problems, USA Basketball chairman Jerry Colangelo today announced. Colangelo also announced that Toronto Raptors head coach and internationally experienced mentor Jay Triano would replace D’Antoni on the 2010 USA coaching staff.

D’Antoni will continue assisting the USA team during its Aug. 10-16 training in New York, but will not travel with the team for its training and exhibition games in Spain and Greece, or the Aug. 28-Sept. 12 FIBA World Championship in Turkey. Triano will join the team for its New York training and continue on the bench through the 2010 FIBA World Championship.

“We’ll miss Mike on our trip, he’s been a big part of this program, but we know he’ll be with us in spirit. We all realize this is what is best for him and we hope that he’s feeling better soon,” said Colangelo. “We’re fortunate to be able to add Jay (Triano) to our staff. He has been involved in our national team program since 2007 and he is someone we’re familiar with; he offers continuity and possesses a lot of excellent international coaching experience.”

cont on link

http://www.insidehoops.com/usa-basketball.shtml
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

OK Jay, here's two tasks you better not come back without completing:

1. Please bring back a few new defensive strategies.

2. Please learn some substitution strategies.(Just because you have guy X slated for 20 mins and he's played 20 mins, doesn't always mean you take him out!).

3. Bop that dumbass ugly Turkoglu knob right in the kisser and tell him it came from all of us here at RR who really appreaciated all his hard work and effort last season, not to mention the latest kind words about our beloved Raptors. Tell him a special Fuck You! from me as well... oh wait, that a couple more than two, do it anyways.

Thanks.

Comment

triano is a good coach, hes just a little lost right now i dont know it was kind of an emotional year for him.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

Good for him. Nice to see other talented professionals recognize his capabilities.

Comment

Working...
        X