Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Eternal Optimist In Me Has Finally Hit The Turning Point - Blow This S#@! Up!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Eternal Optimist In Me Has Finally Hit The Turning Point - Blow This S#@! Up!!

Okay, I've been known as that guy that finds the silver lining in every move BC has made since taking the reigns as GM for our beloved raps, but I think I've finally turned the corner on this one. There really is only one way to go. BLOW THIS S#@! UP!

I really really like our young players (Derozan, Davis, Weems, Johnson) and definitely think the raps need to build for the future based on these guys. It's gonna be a rough few seasons, but if the raps brass stockpile some picks now and shed some of the bigger contracts, a few years down the road this team could be really really fun to watch in the playoffs.

Derozan and Weems got their run and gun on in summer league showing what I hope they'll keep working on in the regular season....going to the rim.

After looking at the rosters for the other teams in the league...I don't know what to say...I'm speachless at how much worse the raps look on paper than MOST of them. I feel so disoriented and confused.

Bottom line, I think it's time to start shedding...and stockpiling picks if at all possible...and as much of a HUGE Bargs fan as I am...I'm just not sure you can build a winner with him at the C...or the PF. I'd love to be wrong about that, but I just don't see how it's possible now.

So let's get the party started now and start blowin this s#@! up!

1) Calderon is the only "bad" contract and is being shopped with no takers. (I'm glad we've got him to. I think his stock is going to rise this season)
    2) Bargnani still is a young player who still has a chance to prove he can get to the elusive "next level" if he does his stock goes way up. If he doesn't have a "break out" season he still is a movable asset. Trading him at this point is riskier than keeping him for one more season/trade deadline.
    3)We've already got a bunch of picks. Thunder, Blazers, Hornets have not won a championship yet and are still seen as new model of team building, jury is still out on whether it is actually a viable way to build a serious contender. The Thunder may prove it can be done, but it still doesn't mean that it is the only or best way to build your team. Boston's run in the playoffs (albeit with the help of Rondo) argues perhaps that veteran leadership is still quite valuable. (I would however implore Coangelo to keep the picks we have, which i think he will)

4) Other than the trading Bargs, how is your conception of blowing s@$! up different from what BC is actually doing?
    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Honestly,

After watching footage of what Andrea is doing with Italy's team and believing Jose just had a bad year -- I would rather trade Bargs then Jose. Jose works well with our wings, Bargs isn't a real center and won't give you the rebounds or defense you need from that position . Using a trade exception you could sell high, get a real Center and probably a young prospect (Amir can play the 4 until Davis is ready).

Its not a cure all nor is it blowing things up but no matter what is done the most important ingredient is time (at least a season) to let things settle where they should. I don't think Colangelo has the patience needed, more importantly, no way he lets his prize player go.

Comment

Blow this up ??

This is already blown up my friend. Jose seems to be untradeable and AB will be here till the last day of BC.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
          Honestly,

After watching footage of what Andrea is doing with Italy's team and believing Jose just had a bad year -- I would rather trade Bargs then Jose. Jose works well with our wings, Bargs isn't a real center and won't give you the rebounds or defense you need from that position . Using a trade exception you could sell high, get a real Center and probably a young prospect (Amir can play the 4 until Davis is ready).

Its not a cure all nor is it blowing things up but no matter what is done the most important ingredient is time (at least a season) to let things settle where they should. I don't think Colangelo has the patience needed, more importantly, no way he lets his prize player go.
          Jose has had 2 consecutive underachieving, injury filled years as the Rap's starting pg not 1.

BC needs to trade both Bargnani & Calderon ASAP and bring in some experienced vets to surround the YG'z with. BC's vision, 4 years later, has Bosh in Miami with Bargnani as the franchise player going into the 2010-11 season.

In reality this is a team made up mostly of PFs:

Bargnani/Johnson/Davis/Andersen/Kleiza(he's more of a stretch 4)/Evans/Dorsey/DJones

& PGS:

Jack/Calderon/Barbosa/Banks/Bellineli(a combo guard who can run the point)

The only current roster swing players are:

DeRozan & Weems

Leaving just a really raw rookie from Florida St as the lone roster center:

Alabi

Put it all together and you have a certified stool sample from BC, a prime example of the sh*tty rosters that BC has been putting together for 4 years then screaming out 50 wins in a moment of insanity.

Btw, I just found out that DAndersen has 3 years left on his contract(I thought he had only this season left on his contract)- wtf is BC doing???

Comment

SirChillyMost wrote: View Post
            Jose has had 2 consecutive underachieving, injury filled years as the Rap's starting pg not 1.

BC needs to trade both Bargnani & Calderon ASAP and bring in some experienced vets to surround the YG'z with. BC's vision, 4 years later, has Bosh in Miami with Bargnani as the franchise player going into the 2010-11 season.

Bargnani/Johnson/Davis/Andersen/Kleiza(he's more of a stretch 4)/Evans/Dorsey/DJones

& PGS:

DeRozan & Weems

Alabi

Put it all together and you have a certified stool sample from BC, a prime example of the sh*tty rosters that BC has been putting together for 4 years then screaming out 50 wins in a moment of insanity.

Btw, I just found out that DAndersen has 3 years left on his contract(I thought he had only this season left on his contract)- wtf is BC doing???
            According to HoopsHype Anderson has one guaranteed year left on his contract 10-11 with 11-12 being a team option.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

HoopsWorld says that there is no Team option for 2011-12, but just that the contract is not guaranteed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

You might consider checking the facts and bringing links when you make a statement of fact. Just saying.

Of course if you have a source for your three year contract statement I am sure that we would all love to see it.
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Why change your mind in the middle of summer? Why wouldn't it be at the beginning of free agency? To me the team looks a lot better than it did three or four weeks ago...

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                Why change your mind in the middle of summer? Why wouldn't it be at the beginning of free agency? To me the team looks a lot better than it did three or four weeks ago...
                It will look even better come October 27th

Just my opinion
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

& PGS:

DeRozan & Weems

Alabi

I am a Calderon fan, but agree that he may have to be moved. It looks less and less like he is going anywhere anytime soon (Pacers?) but even if Bargs and Calderon have to go, why ASAP??? We still don't know what Weems Derozan Johnson Davis can do, isn't it better to let them play for have a season so we can get a read on them and figure out what kind of pieces/players we should put around them? The reality is that we are probably not going to be awesome this season no matter what moves BC makes, so why rush trades for new players that might not fit anyway? I agree that we are made up mostly of PF + PGs and also that getting a Center is a HUGE priority, but other than maybe Gortat from Orlanda there really isn't a lot out there (Oden from Blazers?) that can be had. Which is another reason to wait until pieces become available. I just any need to rush trades of either Calderon or Bargs given the current market situation. Am I making any sense? I'd be interested in reading a more fleshed out opinion of what the benefits are of getting Calderon and Bargnani right away. What kind of assets do you think that we could get for either/both.
                  "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                    According to HoopsHype Anderson has one guaranteed year left on his contract 10-11 with 11-12 being a team option.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

HoopsWorld says that there is no Team option for 2011-12, but just that the contract is not guaranteed.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?story_id=9165

You might consider checking the facts and bringing links when you make a statement of fact. Just saying.

Of course if you have a source for your three year contract statement I am sure that we would all love to see it.
                    Check urself before U wreck urself, son, little funnystyle internet dude.lol So now you are telling me what I did and didn't see plus if I don't provide a link it's not a fact.........lmfao Go to shamsports and look at it 4 urself as it has DAndersen under contract for 3 more years 2010-2013 but it doesn't give contract particulars ie Opt outs.

Mirror check kiddo.

Comment

ezz_bee wrote: View Post
                      I am a Calderon fan, but agree that he may have to be moved. It looks less and less like he is going anywhere anytime soon (Pacers?) but even if Bargs and Calderon have to go, why ASAP??? We still don't know what Weems Derozan Johnson Davis can do, isn't it better to let them play for have a season so we can get a read on them and figure out what kind of pieces/players we should put around them? The reality is that we are probably not going to be awesome this season no matter what moves BC makes, so why rush trades for new players that might not fit anyway? I agree that we are made up mostly of PF + PGs and also that getting a Center is a HUGE priority, but other than maybe Gortat from Orlanda there really isn't a lot out there (Oden from Blazers?) that can be had. Which is another reason to wait until pieces become available. I just any need to rush trades of either Calderon or Bargs given the current market situation. Am I making any sense? I'd be interested in reading a more fleshed out opinion of what the benefits are of getting Calderon and Bargnani right away. What kind of assets do you think that we could get for either/both.
                      Why not ASAP?

Reality is that TO can be a suprise team in the East as long as their team chemistry is right and players are held accountable by BC/Jay ie play team defense, in my mind. The YG'z (DD,Weems, Amir, Davis, Jack) are a talent unto themselves that should be surrounded w/ certified experience veteran NBA talent like Barbosa not Calderon aka the Spanish X Ray & Bargnani aka the Tin Man(no heart). Put some Oakley, Christie, Junk Yard Dog, Bogues, type of vets on the roster who play hard, want to win plus won't tolerate anyone giving less than 100% no matter who they are ie Bargnani, and watch TO's fortune change with player accountability.

Comment

I love how so many people here can see just a fraction of what I'm sure BC has planned and think they know 1) what he's going to do next, 2) what he's already tried, 3) what options are available, 4) that he's doing it wrong, and finally 5) that they can do it better.

If the season were starting tomorrow, some of this would be relevant. But it's not. We still have many MONTHS to go. Talking about options, players, coaches, matchups etc, is all good. But "blow this sh*t up?" What exactly do you want to blow up?

It's like watching a painter prime his canvas and start to block in a new piece of art and telling him it's not gonna work and to start over...

Comment

Why not ASAP?

Reality is that TO can be a suprise team in the East as long as their team chemistry is right and players are held accountable by BC/Jay ie play team defense, in my mind. The YG'z (DD,Weems, Amir, Davis, Jack) are a talent unto themselves that should be surrounded w/ certified experience veteran NBA talent like Barbosa not Calderon aka the Spanish X Ray & Bargnani aka the Tin Man(no heart). Put some Oakley, Christie, Junk Yard Dog, Bogues, type of vets on the roster who play hard, want to win plus won't tolerate anyone giving less than 100% no matter who they are ie Bargnani, and watch TO's fortune change with player accountability.
                          I think the chemistry part is bang on, and we could definitely use an oakley or a christie, I also think bc knows this and Barnes would have fit that role to some extent (although if my memory is correct you didn't like that trade?) anyway although i do agree with the types of guys you want to acquire the players you mentioned are retired. I'm not convinced there are guys out there that can be had that are worth it. Who would you like trade bargnani for? I just don't see the trades right now.

Comment

Working...
                          X