Pacers Trying To Land Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ziplockfresh wrote: View Post
    Seriously...GSW made the playoffs, beat Dallas and then got exposed by Jazz..Why? No defense..Got pressured, and cracked.
    oh my goodness, you know tyhat there was the run n' gun gsw in the 70's and they were very succesful, then there were magic's lakers, and then there were phoenix.

clearly proven it can be successful if done properly.

you are just referring to the recent failed history of it and you could go even more into recent history where run n' gun phoenix made it to the conference finals.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
      oh my goodness, you know tyhat there was the run n' gun gsw in the 70's and they were very succesful, then there were magic's lakers, and then there were phoenix.

you are just referring to the recent failed history of it and you could go even more into recent history where run n' gun phoenix made it to the conference finals.
      I agree.

Run and gun is not a bad thing by itself. The question is what do you do on the other end of the court while you are running and gunning on offense? There is no reason that a good defensive team can not run and gun, though usually in the playoffs the game slows down and becomes more of a half court game. One reason this may happen is that the game gets a lot more physical in the playoffs even with the guard no hand checking and no bumping rules in force.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post

but it's not clearly proven until a run and gun actually wins a ring... and phx who has had one of the best pg's EVER for a run and gun offense, still has never even reached the finals.

they always get beat by the team that is committed to D.

Comment

lmao off at the article about "Granger for Calderon" makes sense.

Comment

^^

it's not completely out of the realm of possibilities.
            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

Calderon The Only Option?

Jose Calderon, Toronto
              Calderon is a perfect fit for coach Jim O'Brien's system. He can shoot the 3-pointer and distribute the ball. The catch is his contract: three years, more than $29 million.

Jarrett Jack, Toronto
              Jack had his best season as a Pacer, starting 53 games and appearing in all 82 during the 2008-09 season. He's familiar with the system, and the Pacers enjoyed playing with him.

Jose Juan Barea, Dallas
              Barea likes to push the ball and he can score, as he played alongside Jason Kidd in the backcourt at times. He averaged nearly 20 minutes a game on a team that finished with the second-best record in the Western Conference last season.
              Plus he would be under contract for only one season.

T.J. Ford, Pacers
              Ford has been effective at times and might be the best available option remaining. Ford and O'Brien have a toxic relationship. O'Brien has demoted Ford to the bench each of the past two seasons.
              The two might have to mend fences. Barring a trade, it appears Ford will be starting at the point for the third consecutive season.
              At least until O'Brien decides to make a switch.
              this from indy stardated aug. 5th. It looks like Calderon is really the only and best option, since Jack seems to be the guy we've decided to keep. J.J. Barea is prolly not going to be traded from Dallas cause they need him to back up Kidd. T.J. Ford and the coach clearly have problems.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2010...etting-tougher

it looks better for Calderon going to Indiana every day.

Comment

lankanzero wrote: View Post
                now granger is, ill be so happy if hes on the raptors we get a SF/PF who can defend and can take over games something we havent got since vince carter

It seems to me that the "take over games" thingy is over blown and may not even be valid.

The Lakers are always better when Kobe doesn't have "to take over" a game. Very good teams are like that. They are very good because they don't rely on one player to have "to take over" the game. Would the Cavs have been able to get the Finals the last two years if they hadn't depended so much on Lebron "to take over" so often during the regular season? My thinking is yes they would have.

The Raptors as a team need to play good solid basketball for 48 minutes a game then they won't have the need for anyone "to take over" so often and as a result be a better team.

The Lakers, Celtics, Pistons and Spurs who have I believe won all the NBA titles over the last 9 years? except one have won because they had numerous good players and played good team basketball, not because they had one guy "to take over" the game.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                  im not really sure where youre getting the whole prostitute idea, but lets stick to basketball, id rather not lower my iq to your level
                  oh yeah, there are fans who just love basketball and follow the game. but that wasnt the argument. if you keep posting here that the raps are no good and pretty much losers, then you spend money to go see them, then youre just dumb. stfu and go to the games. cheer for your players and dont say shit about them. thats what the argument was about.

hhhmmm, i dont think i said criticizing bargs is unacceptable. if you read my previous posts, ive criticized bargs for getting less rebounds, for taking way too many jumpshots, but you dont say his numbers are shit when his numbers have steadily increased for the past couple of years. get your facts straight. and he only got 5 rebs when hedo got 19 because, um, hhhmm, coz HEDO WAS GETTING MOST OF THE REBOUNDS!!!!!
                  Hmmmm...if your IQ is so high how come you are incapable of using caps propely in a sentence?

Comment

because he's lazy. you have a problem with lazy people? he never said his iq was high either he just said yours was lower than his.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                      but it's not clearly proven until a run and gun actually wins a ring... and phx who has had one of the best pg's EVER for a run and gun offense, still has never even reached the finals.

they always get beat by the team that is committed to D.
                      WTF

So your saying that 1) lakers never one a title with run and gun style, and 2) when they did versus the BOSTON CELTICS, the celtics werent committed to d!!!

omfg

i am shocked

just

shoc...

shocked

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        I agree.

Run and gun is not a bad thing by itself. The question is what do you do on the other end of the court while you are running and gunning on offense? There is no reason that a good defensive team can not run and gun, though usually in the playoffs the game slows down and becomes more of a half court game. One reason this may happen is that the game gets a lot more physical in the playoffs even with the guard no hand checking and no bumping rules in force.

THats what ive been preaching, toronto needs to be run and gun, but only practice conditioning and defence. We could have the meanest perimeter d if weems, barbosa, and derozan worked on it. We need to be gritty.

Comment

ziplockfresh wrote: View Post
                          Last time Ford was here Raptors made the playoffs.
                          Last time ford was here he got injured, then got mad when jose started, yes they made the playoffs but you cant credit that to him

Comment

ahhh dam joses contract, dam it to hell

we could have shipped him off 1000 times and gotten better players if it had been less....

Comment

oh, definitely. we should have shipped him off the beginning of this past year or last summer. he was higher value then.

Comment

It is very obvious that the raptors messed up on that deal, and i wasnt trying to say the obvious because so many people have said it and it isnt necessary to say again, but i have spent an hour trying to find a trade on the trade machine that works for both teams...its impossible...either we are screwing them, or it is an even deal, but the other team takes in too much money so they cant...impossible...i didnt realize how bad it really was until i tried...

Comment

Working...
                                X