Pacers Trying To Land Calderon?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LBF wrote: View Post
    well, ofcourse they would rather but i mean they get some young players and expirings plus an extra first rounder which would give them more leverage to go and dump another big contract like fords or something.

i'm just thinking of the next best thing where we dont have to give up anybody too significant. well, giving indiana leverage to make another deal, i'm sure they will appreciate that.

maybe, we could get memphis involved and make them take ford or one of those otehr teams searching for a point guard. if we had to i'd take ford instead of dunleavy.
    and i think theyre main interest is calderon

Comment

well, iof they want calderon, they could have caldeorn i just thought they would ike expirings just as much.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
        Are you sure youre not either of the two? maybe tmac? vince? mighty mouse or camby? hehehe

im kinda getting tired of the whole "dont get your hopes up" attitude with the raps, i mean, if youre really down on the dumps because the raps are going to have an assumed losing season then why the fuck are guys even following the raps? you want so-called sure winners then go follow LA or Miami. the point of having a home team is you support them no matter what. fuck that bullshit reasoning "lets be realistic". this is your team, support it or get the fuck out.
        Possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on RR. You can be a fan and a realist, what's bullshit is a 'bleed purple' Jonestown philosophy that shouts down anyone who doesn't toe the party line. This is my team too, I'll support it by buying tickets and watching games despite knowing that they aren't going to win 30 games. That doesn't mean I can't lament the fact that the team has no blueprint and a nucleus of cast-offs.

So no, by your estimation I don't support the team. But your estimation is not only wrong, it's dangerous.

Re: Andrea. His stats are good. His real numbers are shit. He needs a ton of shots to get his buckets. His 3pt % is low, and he is one of the worst defensive starters in the NBA. I don't get too down on him, because he is what he is, but wearing purple-coloured glasses when you read his stats still doesn't cover the stink when he plays.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
          Possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read on RR. You can be a fan and a realist, what's bullshit is a 'bleed purple' Jonestown philosophy that shouts down anyone who doesn't toe the party line. This is my team too, I'll support it by buying tickets and watching games despite knowing that they aren't going to win 30 games. That doesn't mean I can't lament the fact that the team has no blueprint and a nucleus of cast-offs.

So no, by your estimation I don't support the team. But your estimation is not only wrong, it's dangerous.

Re: Andrea. His stats are good. His real numbers are shit. He needs a ton of shots to get his buckets. His 3pt % is low, and he is one of the worst defensive starters in the NBA. I don't get too down on him, because he is what he is, but wearing purple-coloured glasses when you read his stats still doesn't cover the stink when he plays.
          hahaha seriously, you made me laugh there man. youre saying that its stupid to say that people who are being realists cannot be fans, well, im not sure how much more stupid you can be, when youre the one who's being a realist and thinking the team is garbage, YET youre going to spend money to buy tickets and watch this "no blueprint and nucleus of cast-offs" team. what the fuck are you going to do in ACC? like whisper to the guy beside you, man this team fuckin sucks. this team has no blueprint, and the players are cast-offs. hahaha. and yet youre there watching them. youre fuckin dumb to even think that youre going to buy tickets and sit there and be miserable. now who's more stupid?? you know, youre the inspiration for movies like celtic pride and major league, they show these fans who pay for tickets each night to watch their home team who believe suck so bad, you curse your own players but when the tides turn and they start winning, youre in the front row throwing praises. did i call you stupid? sorry man, i meant hypocrite.

"Re: Andrea. His stats are good. His real numbers are shit." - um, stats are real numbers. he had a 47%FG last season, bosh had 51%. He's ranked 61st in 3PT% at 37%, third center behind memo and murphy. 1.4 blks/game.

its one thing to generally hate a player because you really just dont like his game, but throwing in words like "worst defensive starter" and "numbers are shit" without real proof is just ridiculous.

man, im not even sure why im justifying what i said, to you. you obviously dont know shit.

Comment

admins, im not picking fights here, just defending my posts and rebutting others.

i dont take personally what others say, but i do enjoy the post beatdown.

dont kick me out! hahaha

Comment

JYFelony wrote: View Post
              Amen tbihis, I'm so glad you've pointed out the fact that Andrea is constantly being ripped by people saying he's had his chance as THE GUY on the team. He's had some spots deep in the season when Bosh went down with injuries over the past 2 years. By no means can you believe that he's had his shot to show himself as the go-to guy. If Bargs doesn't show up this year, then you can judge him as a franchise player, not before that.
              Yea he's miraculously gonna become a go-to-guy. He doesn`t have the balls to demand the ball every time and shoot it. But the best case scenario for him is a volume shooter anyway.

Comment

vinnie_paz wrote: View Post
                hassan can you please help me understand why indiana would want to take on calderon's 3 year $30 million contract AND give away their future starting center ?

im not trying to be rude or anything but please if you can shed some light on why a team would do this that would be great.

i dont know if you know who roy hibbert is, but he's a 24 year old 7'2 center, whose only played 2 seasons in the nba. the most recent season he put up 12pts 6rbds 1.6 blocks and shot 50% from the field in 25 minutes. he's also 75% from the free throw line.

he had 18 games last season with 3+ blocks.

hibbert also only makes 1.7 million, 2.6 million, and 3.6 million for the next 3 seasons.

you've posted the hibbert for calderon trade idea on many different threads... can you please help me understand why...

is calderon that good for a team to say ok we will tie up $10 million of our salary cap for the next 3 seasons AND we will give away a young center who has done a pretty good job playing the most difficult position to fill in the nba ?
                Hibbert isn`t that great. Slow/not athletic. We could give them some cap relief in return. But I'm not sure why we would want Hibbert on a run-n-gun team. I'd rather use Troy Murphy at the PF/C and have a Golden State type of team.

Comment

Are you sure youre not either of the two? maybe tmac? vince? mighty mouse or camby? hehehe

im kinda getting tired of the whole "dont get your hopes up" attitude with the raps, i mean, if youre really down on the dumps because the raps are going to have an assumed losing season then why the fuck are guys even following the raps? you want so-called sure winners then go follow LA or Miami. the point of having a home team is you support them no matter what. fuck that bullshit reasoning "lets be realistic". this is your team, support it or get the fuck out.

seriously, i dont know why everybody's so down on andrea. i mean, he's steadily increased his numbers beside a ball-dominating player who basically plays the same position as him for the past 4 years. he averaged 17pts/6rebs/1.4blks last season next to the so-called franchise player. not sure why everybody's saying he's not a franchise player when he hasnt even been given the chance to become the franchise player. youre judging his franchise player capability when bosh went down with an injury?? thats 6 games. how can you even organize plays during practice for a guy within 6 games? and when bosh went down at the tailend of the season, bargs had a 24 and 33 point nights. judge him after the end of the 2010-2011 season. if he still has the same numbers, then you can say he is not a franchise player, but he is definitely not a bust. kwame brown, thats a bust. olowokandi, thats a bust. but a guy who averages 17/6 a game, i dont think is a bust.

and please, let go of the "BC should have drafted this guy or that guy". as ive said before, you can never know how good a draft prospect is until he plays a regular season game in the NBA, unless the guys name is lebron james.
                  I think we can all agree Bargs is not a bust. His numbers are very respectable and offensive skill set is unique. He is a contributor not a franchise player. DeMar will move ahead of Bargs next year as the go to guy. Bargs is good but as long as he is in Toronto he will be a dark cloud over the organization and Colangelo because of where he was picked.

On a side note. How did OKC aquire so many picks over the last 3 years. They had four this year.
                  "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                    Hibbert isn`t that great. Slow/not athletic. We could give them some cap relief in return. But I'm not sure why we would want Hibbert on a run-n-gun team. I'd rather use Troy Murphy at the PF/C and have a Golden State type of team.
                    But Hibbert is a good defensive center..Bargs can then play the 4. Hibbert has a decent shooting touch too..Can finish around the basket. Plus..Why be a Golden State type of team when every Raptors fan is craving some sort of defensive accountability.

Comment

Killingjoke wrote: View Post
                      Ford back in a Raps uniform? Could be worse Turk can still be here
                      Last time Ford was here Raptors made the playoffs.

Comment

because our team and gm best suit run n' gun style play and we are doing the oposite no wonder we arent making the playoffs.
                        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

hahaha seriously, you made me laugh there man. youre saying that its stupid to say that people who are being realists cannot be fans, well, im not sure how much more stupid you can be, when youre the one who's being a realist and thinking the team is garbage, YET youre going to spend money to buy tickets and watch this "no blueprint and nucleus of cast-offs" team. what the fuck are you going to do in ACC? like whisper to the guy beside you, man this team fuckin sucks. this team has no blueprint, and the players are cast-offs. hahaha. and yet youre there watching them. youre fuckin dumb to even think that youre going to buy tickets and sit there and be miserable. now who's more stupid?? you know, youre the inspiration for movies like celtic pride and major league, they show these fans who pay for tickets each night to watch their home team who believe suck so bad, you curse your own players but when the tides turn and they start winning, youre in the front row throwing praises. did i call you stupid? sorry man, i meant hypocrite.

"Re: Andrea. His stats are good. His real numbers are shit." - um, stats are real numbers. he had a 47%FG last season, bosh had 51%. He's ranked 61st in 3PT% at 37%, third center behind memo and murphy. 1.4 blks/game.

its one thing to generally hate a player because you really just dont like his game, but throwing in words like "worst defensive starter" and "numbers are shit" without real proof is just ridiculous.

man, im not even sure why im justifying what i said, to you. you obviously dont know shit.
                          I remember a story of former Utah coach Jack Layden who was heckled by a fan. At one point the fan called the players "idiots". At this point Mr Layden turned around and said:
                          " YOU paid to watch this, and you are calling US idiots"??????????????????
                          There was no more heckling frm that fan

Comment

ziplockfresh wrote: View Post
                            But Hibbert is a good defensive center..Bargs can then play the 4. Hibbert has a decent shooting touch too..Can finish around the basket. Plus..Why be a Golden State type of team when every Raptors fan is craving some sort of defensive accountability.
                            Absolutely plus 1. GSW? omfg, I'll slash my wrists.

As re: your next post about TJ being here on a playoff team...true but then that bad injury to his neck in Atlanta...he is not the same player anymore.

Comment

dagon420 wrote: View Post
                              Hibbert is a defensive centre. The reason so many run and gun teams fail is because of defence. The ones that succeed (ie magics lakers)had defence. Once again the raptors need pure conditioning and defensive practices, i say it alot but its true.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                                because our team and gm best suit run n' gun style play and we are doing the oposite no wonder we arent making the playoffs.
                                Seriously...GSW made the playoffs, beat Dallas and then got exposed by Jazz..Why? No defense..Got pressured, and cracked.

Comment

Working...
                                X