Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: You Have Entered The Boring Zone: Amir The Only Raptor In Toronto Right Now

Post Thanks / Like

Default You Have Entered The Boring Zone: Amir The Only Raptor In Toronto Right Now

And get used to it for the next month or so...

Ran into Amir Johnson in the gym yesterday. Nothing really new except he’s the only guy in town – no coaches, no teammates, no nothing – and he was up in the weight room getting a lift in before doing some light shooting.
    Source: Doug Smith's Blog

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Where is everyone else?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Now he is a standup player. Dammit that looks so good for him.

Post Thanks / Like

it's been boring for quite some time even that andersen trade wasnt exciting.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Red and White wrote: View Post
    Now he is a standup player. Dammit that looks so good for him.
    Maybe he didn't get invited to the party? Do you look differently on him now?

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you say Amir's the only one in town...I ran into Jarret Jack last Friday.

Post Thanks / Like

A lot can happen between Friday and Thursday I guess.

Post Thanks / Like

6 days alot can change
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Raptors Republic Starter Hassan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

borinn days i though BC had alot of things going on lol

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hassan wrote: View Post
    borinn days i though BC had alot of things going on lol
    Well when i ran into Doug Smith last week, he convinced me that BC is working through trade proposals so who knows maybe this month will have an exciting moment lol

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Where is everyone else?
    Its pointless actually to come now to Toronto since there are no coaches either. Most of our international players are overseas playing for their respective countries, hopefully the rest of the players are practicing somewhere against each other or other NBA players. Sonny Weems should be back in about a week or so because of his basketball camp.

Amir is probably in town because he is looking to purchase Chris Bosh old apartment or something....

Raptors Republic Veteran
    Post Thanks / Like

August tends to be a downtime month for the executive types who take their holidays/vacation now. I believe BC is on one but of course I am sure its a job that doesnt quite sleep. It takes others to tango though.

Post Thanks / Like

when the heck does that fiba stuff start?

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Maybe he didn't get invited to the party? Do you look differently on him now?
    Haha that does make me look differently on him, it makes him look even better... lol

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    when the heck does that fiba stuff start?
    The USA squad I believe has three more warm up games before FIBA starts on Aug 28th

If I recall correctly the 1st one of the three is in N.Y. on Aug 21st. It should be ESPNX

The FIBA games can be watched on the Internet and possibly also on NBA TV, ESPNX or whatever, At this time, I don't know what USA FIBA games will be on TV.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Starter Buschfire's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not sure if it counts...

...but i did run into Rasho in Yorkville today, looked like he was enjoying drinks at Zaza Espresso on Bellair....

Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buschfire wrote: View Post
    ...but i did run into Rasho in Yorkville today, looked like he was enjoying drinks at Zaza Espresso on Bellair....
    Nope doesn't count, Rasho is living in Toronto with his family.

Post Thanks / Like

Q: Hey Doug. You mentioned that Amir was the only guy in town and that he came in for some weights and shooting. I'm guessing by the "only one" you mean that he was there with an unknown workout buddy/rebounder to spot him and pass the ball back after shots. My question is if the Raptors have staff around to do that stuff or if Amir just brings a friend or someone he pays to assist him? Either way, how can I get that job?

Paul C, Brantford

A: It’s been my experience – and was the case with Amir this week – that they have friends who are in town with them who hang out in the gym doing that kind of stuff. If worse came to worse, I know the hard-working souls on the back-of-house staff would be called on to help out.
    Source: Doug Smith's Blog

Post Thanks / Like

You Have Entered The Boring Zone II: Alabi The Only Raptor In Toronto Right Now

Raps fans Solomon Alabi has been in TO last couple of days working on his game. about 1 hour ago via UberTwitter
    http://bit.ly/9fGuVs
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Sonny13

Me and @DeMar_DeRozan will be at the pavilion duff and 407 Wednesday night at 6:30 to play run some open gym, yall come get smashed. about 12 hours ago via ÜberTwitter
    https://twitter.com/Sonny13

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information