Why Hasn't BC Made A Run At Tolliver?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Hasn't BC Made A Run At Tolliver?

Anthony Tolliver will likely sign with Wolves or Warriors, one source told HoopsHype. Several other teams still expressing interest, though.
    http://twitter.com/hoopshype

maybe hes one of those others expressing interest but i mean we could use some depth there and tolliver is young, athletic. well, lets just say he fits the mold.

Why hasn't BC made a move for him? I bet he could be had for under 2 mill, maybe even under 1 mill. I mean even if it's a sign and trade throw the turkoglu trade exception at them throw them some of the bosh one and a future second rounder or dorsey or something.

I mean there are still some pretty decent free agents out there and i've heard absolutely nothing, not even the slightest bit of interest in anybody besides louis amundson adn even that was a while ago now.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

I ask the same question a while back. Something tells me that BC is cooking something with his collection of expiring contracts. Tolliver would be a good add, not David Andersen.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

my thoughts exactly about the tolliver part. i'm sure hes trying to use his expirings too.
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

And things are prob very quiet after the Charlotte fiasco leaked.

Comment

IMO we have neither a need nor room for Anthony Tolliver. Decent all-around player, but not worth bringing in with the depth we already have at his position. Not exactly flowing with potential either.

Comment

Anthony Tolliver, he stands 6'9 240, he's a face up type 4 who got "promoted" to a 5 in the twisted system of GSW
            Reason why BC hadn't signed him:
            -6'9 C/PF, Raptors got a few of those
            -Golden States system will inflate anyone's stats, put Tolliver on the Raptors and you can expect his stats to drop significantly.
            -We need starting quality 5/3, tolliver is neither.

Comment

We can't have depth if we don't even have starters.

Comment

Isn't he a RFA? It would have to be big money for GSW not to match.

Comment

i dont know. golden state doesnt seem as enthusiastic as they did before.

Comment

This may be just wishful thinking but it would be nice for BC to make a run for Jeff Green. He really is a SF and he would be a great addition. I mention this because OKC might not be able to keep ALL of their core players. Plus, it's a small market and a team would benefit from a number of expiring contracts as well. I dunno, I'm just fantasizing.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

ya, it would but another sf who is on the trade block is james johnson from chicago who could be had for less than jeff green and has good potential.

Comment

The Raptors already gave a guy a lot of money based on potential. He's getting more than $2M. A S&T would be needed.

Comment

for tolliver, ya. I guess. but, hes still nice as a third stringer. i'd doubt hed hurt us and i think hed be better than andersen and to the guy who said hes undersized so is shawn marion and in his prime he was a 20 and 10 guy.

Comment

There's absolutely no need for Tolliver. I think he would of been a good guy to grab earlier, but we have tons of forwards now. We need a backup sf who can play some defence.

Starting: Jack-Weems-Derozan-Amir-Bargs

Reserves: pg: Calderon/Banks
                            sg: Belli/Bosa
                            sf: Belli?
                            pf: Kleiza/Davis/Dorsey/Evans
                            c: Andersen/Alabi/Jones

Not that bad of a squad if we can get somebody to fill the sf.

Comment

Nick wrote: View Post
                              There's absolutely no need for Tolliver. I think he would of been a good guy to grab earlier, but we have tons of forwards now. We need a backup sf who can play some defence.

Starting: Jack-Weems-Derozan-Amir-Bargs

Reserves: pg: Calderon/Banks
                              sg: Belli/Bosa
                              sf: Belli?
                              pf: Kleiza/Davis/Dorsey/Evans
                              c: Andersen/Alabi/Jones

Not that bad of a squad if we can get somebody to fill the sf.
                              Why do you think that we need a starting c and pf, then 1 backup c and pf. Look what the warriors did, they had so much depth at that spot (pf) that they all played good minutes, and all played very well.

The raptors could use a system like this. Injuries didnt affect them, fatigue was never a problem. The raptors could have a Amir, Davis, Tolliver, and even Evans. Mabye i am wrong, but i would love to see that. Amir would play 20, Tolliver Davis round 12 each, and the rest to evans. With this new run and gun identity of the raptors, a small lineup is key. I mean Amir could play C and Tolliver pf, or the other way around. We would have the fastest line up. We would get beaten up on d unless Jay Triano only holds Defensive and conditioning practices. I am not saying we will make the play offs, but for the future of the team i think this would be the smartest decision. Sign him to a 1 year deal, i it dosnt work, dont re sign him.

It is just an idea... lol

Comment

Working...
                              X