Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan One Of The Favorites For Most Improved Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter N wrote: View Post
    I need to stop reading these threads, you guys make my head hurt.

No one should ever be so optimistic/delusional to think DD is going to make the all-star team this year.
    I agree, I also think the one shouldn't worry so much about how many points DD averages as opposed to the number of wins this team can achieve.

Comment

Letter N wrote: View Post
      I need to stop reading these threads, you guys make my head hurt.

No one should ever be so optimistic/delusional to think DD is going to make the all-star team this year.
      Ah the old reading into something and twisting what was said post, if you are referring to my comments about DeRozan. I said he has a chance to make the all-star team. I never said that he would make the all-star team.

There is a big difference.

Now you make think even thinking that DeRozan has a chance to make the all-star team is delusional. Fair enough. That at least accurately reflects the statement that you would be commenting on.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        I agree, I also think the one shouldn't worry so much about how many points DD averages as opposed to the number of wins this team can achieve.
        Wins achieved are important
        Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
        Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
          like i said, if he went from rookie to all star, thats a different story... 30 pts per game puts him into serious all star consideration

but all likelyhood is that he's going to go up to maybe 15-16 pts per game... and we'd all be fine and happy with that improvement, but it shouldnt put him in MIP consideration

he's a lottery pick, if he doesnt improve going into his 3rd or 4th season... he'd kind of be a disappointment... so to reward him for improving when he's supposed to improve seems silly

i'd agree weems at 15-16 pts per game would deserve consideration... because expectations of him were so much lower when he entered the league...

i'm not trying to shit on demar.. i love the kid's game.. but MIP i always considered an award for players who've been around and made a huge leap from one year to next that was beyond any expectation of them... second rounders who suddenly become solid contributors, middle of the pack players who become on the cusp of all star players, etc

im not sure... but has a rookie ever won MIP in recent history?
          I guess you have a point there, rookies always have trouble first year because it takes time to get used to the nba. Players like weems should be put into higher consideration. I dont know, i feel if demar can raise his ppg by 8 to 10 points, and mabye+ 2 rebounds and assists, he should be considered for mip non the less.

Comment

Working...
          X