Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DeMar DeRozan One Of The Favorites For Most Improved Player?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I certainly hope the offense does NOT revolve around any option based system for the most part. Ball movement/open man shooting and wing play will serve to create more of a team bonding as well as make for exciting offensive ball for us the spectator. Lets not forget about the defense now!!

Comment

I think D-Rex is gonna have a really solid sophmore year, along with Money they are gonna light up the lanes. But I think the player to look to be MIP is Bargs. With Bosh gone he's gonna step up and be the righteous big man we've needed. I'm really liking the look of this Raptors squad espcecially since all the over-inflated egos are gone. Definately going to fight night in and out.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
        If he plays in the Rookie-Sophomore game he might go up against Easy Ed.

I think it would be an outside that DeMar makes the all-star team but then the EC is not exactly loaded with top ranked shooting guards, so it is possible.
        Dwayne Wade, Joe Johnson, Vince Carter, Andre Iguodala, Stephen Jackson and Rip Hamilton might have something to say about DeMar making the all0star game this year.

Comment

I think Weems may be a better candidate for MIP but they both are great ones. I think weems might score more points, and get more assists but demar has showed that he can crash the boards well, i would pick weems non the less.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            players are supposed to improve from their rookie season going into their sophmore season..

MIP shouldn't go to somebody who does what he's supposed to do.. thats just awarding mediocrity

That would make the MIP award the purple participation ribbon of the NBA

and we all know that the purple ribbon is already that retarded media friendly award bosh won last season

if he went from rookie to allstar, thats a different story... and a different reality

So if a guy goes from 2 points to 30 in his last season, he dosnt deserve it because...becoming better and improving all comes from the amount of work you put into the game. It dosnt matter how old you are, because you had to put in lots of time to improve. If anything it is the most important award. It shows you put more time in then other players...am i missing something here or what?

Comment

I like the Bargs pick more and more. At the most optimistic projection I could see him putting up 22-8 with a block and half. If he can get to the line at even a mediocre rate and rediscover his range it will be hard for him to be excluded from the all star game. Even if he puts up big numbers and I think he will for the first half, it will be hard for anyone to support taking him over Bosh, but what a moral victory that would be. Bargs is also the ideal guy to win it, the voters like picking guys who have been in the league for a while and then finally something clicks, but there are just so many young guys in the league primed to make a big leap.

Comment

Bargnani for MIP.

Comment

Didn't want to start a new thread for this

LA in the morning to celebrate my little bro @DeMar_DeRozan 21st birthday. Happy Birthday my dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! http://myloc.me/acWPb about 12 hours ago via UberTwitter
                  http://twitter.com/Sonny13

P.S. Jack and Johnson will also be there.

Why is quite at the ACC or as Apollo put it, boring?

A lot of the ballers that are serious about their game come to Los Angeles in the summer, or go to Chicago at Attack Athletics.
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

If Dermar Derozan makes the all star team next season I will castrate myself on a webcam.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                      So if a guy goes from 2 points to 30 in his last season, he dosnt deserve it because...becoming better and improving all comes from the amount of work you put into the game. It dosnt matter how old you are, because you had to put in lots of time to improve. If anything it is the most important award. It shows you put more time in then other players...am i missing something here or what?
                      like i said, if he went from rookie to all star, thats a different story... 30 pts per game puts him into serious all star consideration

but all likelyhood is that he's going to go up to maybe 15-16 pts per game... and we'd all be fine and happy with that improvement, but it shouldnt put him in MIP consideration

he's a lottery pick, if he doesnt improve going into his 3rd or 4th season... he'd kind of be a disappointment... so to reward him for improving when he's supposed to improve seems silly

i'd agree weems at 15-16 pts per game would deserve consideration... because expectations of him were so much lower when he entered the league...

i'm not trying to shit on demar.. i love the kid's game.. but MIP i always considered an award for players who've been around and made a huge leap from one year to next that was beyond any expectation of them... second rounders who suddenly become solid contributors, middle of the pack players who become on the cusp of all star players, etc

im not sure... but has a rookie ever won MIP in recent history?

Comment

plus, if durant didnt win the MIP going from his rookie to sophmore season... no rookie should ever win it.

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          like i said, if he went from rookie to all star, thats a different story... 30 pts per game puts him into serious all star consideration

but all likelyhood is that he's going to go up to maybe 15-16 pts per game... and we'd all be fine and happy with that improvement, but it shouldnt put him in MIP consideration

he's a lottery pick, if he doesnt improve going into his 3rd or 4th season... he'd kind of be a disappointment... so to reward him for improving when he's supposed to improve seems silly

i'd agree weems at 15-16 pts per game would deserve consideration... because expectations of him were so much lower when he entered the league...

i'm not trying to shit on demar.. i love the kid's game.. but MIP i always considered an award for players who've been around and made a huge leap from one year to next that was beyond any expectation of them... second rounders who suddenly become solid contributors, middle of the pack players who become on the cusp of all star players, etc

im not sure... but has a rookie ever won MIP in recent history?
                          i agree with you and the only one i can think of is monta ellis.

second year players are supposed to show some improvement and going from 9 pts to 15 isnt mip consideration.

by mid october, there will be some on RR who will be saying how DD will be worthy of MVP talk and how he has more game than KD.

Comment

I need to stop reading these threads, you guys make my head hurt.

No one should ever be so optimistic/delusional to think DD is going to make the all-star team this year.

Comment

I need to stop reading these threads, you guys make my head hurt.

No one should ever be so optimistic/delusional to think DD is going to make the all-star team this year.

Comment

i hope this is not the opening day roster common BC do something
                                ya dun noe

Comment

Working...
                                X