No announcement yet.

Stats Of Rotation Players Retained From 09-10 In The 5 Games That Amir Started

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stats Of Rotation Players Retained From 09-10 In The 5 Games That Amir Started

I looked at the per game stats in 13 categories for the five games that Johnson started for the 6 rotation players from 09-10 rotation that are still on the roster.

Johnson was either first or second in 10 of the 13 categories. The three categories that was not either first nor second were FGA, Assists and Steals.

Johnson was first in 5 of those and second in 5 of those categories.

Bargnani was either first or second in 7 of the 13 categories.

Bargnani was first in 5 of those categories and second in 2 of those.

Bagnani and Johnson combined led in 10 of the 13 categories. The only three categories that neither one of them led in were FTA, Assists and Steals.

Bargnani and Johnson were either first or second or first and second in 11 out of the 13 categories. The only two categories that neither Bargnani nor Johnson was either first nor second were Assists and Steals.

Leader on left and 2nd place on right

Stat---------------Player---Amount-------Player---------Amount
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Minutes-----------Bargnani----37--------John/Weems-------33
    FG----------------Bargnani----8.0-------Johnson-----------7.8
    FGA---------------Bargnani---16.0-------Weems----------14.6
    FG%--------------Johnson----69.40%----DeRozan---------57.89%
    FT----------------John/Jack---2.2-------Bargnani----------1.8
    FTA---------------Jack--------2.8-------Johnson----------2.6
    FT%--------------Johnson-----84.62%---Weems----------80.00%
    +/- --------------Johnson-----8.2--------Bargnani---------5.4
    Rebounds---------Johnson-----6.0--------Weems----------5.6
    Assists------------Calderon----6.6--------Jack------------5.8
    Steals-------------Weems-----1.4--------Jack------------0.8
    BS----------------Bargnani----1.6--------Johnson---------1.0
    Pts-------------- -Bargnani----19.8------Johnson--------- 17.8

For each players individual per game stats for the 5 games please see my Amir Johnson blog NBA 25-15. Disclaimer: If anyone finds an error feel free to post the error and the correct amount. Thanks

http://bit.ly/9J0g8Z

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...Q2dZnqByY9PaB4
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

And just for something completely out of left field, a thread about Amir by Buddahfan. Go figure!!!

Comment

does this imply that he outrebounded bosh ? or that the games he started he just got a lot of mins and there was no other real competition ?

Comment

Bias intentions or not, the stats speak for themselves. Considering this is probably when Bosh was out, its somewhat of an argument for giving Johnson the money he got. Im not saying he deserves quite that much, but then again I do think thers been too much criticism. Especially according to these stats. Makes it seem like hes the 2nd option. Ofcourse hes not, but looks like hel be a decent starter next year considering our lack of talent. And hel need to be assertive on offense down low to allow for Bargs to operate on the high post. If he does this I say:

Bargs: 21ppg, 7.5rpg, 2bpg
        Amir: 13ppg, 7rpg, 1.5bpg in about 30 per

Not that itl do much for the raps win total, but itl be nice to see them both improve

Comment

Jose blows....

Granger for Jose would be a steal for the Raps...

This thread blows...

We know you love Amir...Time to move on dude....

Maybe get a blowup doll or something...

How big is the Amir fathead in your room?

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
            Jose blows....

Granger for Jose would be a steal for the Raps...

This thread blows...

We know you love Amir...Time to move on dude....

Maybe get a blowup doll or something...

How big is the Amir fathead in your room?

How bout you shutup...this is an excellent stat sheet. If i was having any doubts about amir they are basically gone. He can be a leader of a team as we have seen. He has scoring abilities and he gets boards, i think he may be #1 on the team, but after 3 quarters of a season, i am still not sure we should have made that big deal. I think he can handle it, after seeing this sheet he even deserves it, but colangelo's job is to make the deals as low as possible. Amir would have jumped on it if it was 5 mil less. Maybe that is just me being a d bag, i dont know. Great thread.

Thanks

RAW

Comment

Amir's talent/potential has always been evident, but he still has to prove that he can stay on the floor (one of the more foul prone players in the league) before he justifies the contract. Interesting post though.

Comment

Red and White wrote: View Post
                How bout you shutup...this is an excellent stat sheet. If i was having any doubts about amir they are basically gone. He can be a leader of a team as we have seen. He has scoring abilities and he gets boards, i think he may be #1 on the team, but after 3 quarters of a season, i am still not sure we should have made that big deal. I think he can handle it, after seeing this sheet he even deserves it, but colangelo's job is to make the deals as low as possible. Amir would have jumped on it if it was 5 mil less. Maybe that is just me being a d bag, i dont know. Great thread.

Thanks

RAW
                Dude has been league for 5 years he is what is he is....He is a nice player...I like Amir I really do...But lets not jerk off to him everynight...If he can play 30 minutes a night without getting into foul trouble and get 12 and 9 I think most of us would be happy...

My point is Buddahfan needs a blowup doll because his I love Amir obsession is starting to worry me.

Comment

Dude has been league for 5 years he is what is he is....He is a nice player...I like Amir I really do...But lets not jerk off to him everynight...If he can play 30 minutes a night without getting into foul trouble and get 12 and 9 I think most of us would be happy...

My point is Buddahfan needs a blowup doll because his I love Amir obsession is starting to worry me.
                  Hahaha well this forum is all about opinions. Budda's opinion is that amir will lead the team. Your opinion is that he is nothing but a role player. I feel he is in the middle of those two states (right now) and will almost be a pippen if andrea is jordan.Of course only in the sense of ball distribution between those two players. HE could very well be a bust, or the next Ewing. He showed us last year that he deserves 30 minutes. As you can see, the games he started, he ran the show. Games he wasnt in foul trouble, he played very well.

Just cause he has an opinion that you dont want to hear for whatever reason, dosnt mean you can act like an ass hole, if he likes a god dam player he likes him. You either not post on this thread, or when you do you add to the conversation a little, that is how a forum works lol.

Comment

Thanks

RAW
                    Really? Stats from 5 games has eliminated "any doubts" you have about amir? Can we wait until we actually see this guy play, and hopefully start, for an entire season before concluding his contract was worth it? I could have pulled out these same stats when Calderon signed his massive 5 year deal, except they would've been for something like 40 games. That would have been even more compelling evidence than what was presented in this thread.

Comment

Marz wrote: View Post
                      Really? Stats from 5 games has eliminated "any doubts" you have about amir? Can we wait until we actually see this guy play, and hopefully start, for an entire season before concluding his contract was worth it? I could have pulled out these same stats when Calderon signed his massive 5 year deal, except they would've been for something like 40 games. That would have been even more compelling evidence than what was presented in this thread.
                      I totally agree with you, it is not just this 5 games obviously. And the reason i had doubts at all was because of calderon. I believe the deal is too big, and should have been shorter so we can give him a year to grow more. But i believe he earned the starting job. He has foul problems like we all know, but as of now, i dont see any other player on the team, maybe bargnani and jack, who are better then him. He is more then a 12 and 9 guy in my opinion.

The raptors have butchered many players with potential, (pops, ukic, jawai, douby) and it very well could happen to amir. He is a wild card right now, he has alot of raw talent that needs to be moulded.

I think your right, waiting for him to show us what he can do as a starter all year, is smart, but his contract pays him more for the later years. We have to expect greatness from him because of his contract. I think it should have been shorter for your reasons exactly.

Raw

Comment

Hahaha well this forum is all about opinions. Budda's opinion is that amir will lead the team. Your opinion is that he is nothing but a role player. I feel he is in the middle of those two states (right now) and will almost be a pippen if andrea is jordan.Of course only in the sense of ball distribution between those two players. HE could very well be a bust, or the next Ewing. He showed us last year that he deserves 30 minutes. As you can see, the games he started, he ran the show. Games he wasnt in foul trouble, he played very well.

Just cause he has an opinion that you dont want to hear for whatever reason, dosnt mean you can act like an ass hole, if he likes a god dam player he likes him. You either not post on this thread, or when you do you add to the conversation a little, that is how a forum works lol.
                        I never said he will be a roll player...

agian I like Amir...

And yes this forum is about opinions and mine is Buddahfans man crush on Amir is over the top and I am starting to wonder about his sexuality...

I would rank him in the top 4 of Raps players for the up comming season.

But freedom of speech alows me to poke fun off some mancrushes....

God knows if this site lets Khandor write 6000 blogs that all have the same message...

I don't see why I can't make my thoughts known about Amir and Buddas man crush on him...

If you don't like it don't read my posts...

Comment

lol, what?

Comment

I never said he will be a roll player...

agian I like Amir...

And yes this forum is about opinions and mine is Buddahfans man crush on Amir is over the top and I am starting to wonder about his sexuality...

I would rank him in the top 4 of Raps players for the up comming season.

But freedom of speech alows me to poke fun off some mancrushes....

God knows if this site lets Khandor write 6000 blogs that all have the same message...

I don't see why I can't make my thoughts known about Amir and Buddas man crush on him...

If you don't like it don't read my posts...
                            Very true, i guess your right

lol fully it was a hypothetical, but not ewing, mabye Ralph sampson in his prim haha, kinda way out there on that one haha

Comment

I think your right, waiting for him to show us what he can do as a starter all year, is smart, but his contract pays him more for the later years. We have to expect greatness from him because of his contract. I think it should have been shorter for your reasons exactly.

Raw

Greatness? Amir's contract maxes out at about $7M... that's about what Charlie Villanueva makes. I hardly think we should expect greatness. My expectations for Amir is for him to come in, rebound, play defense, and not be an offensive liability. And for his salary, that's all he should be doing.

Comment

Working...
                              X