Jarrett Jack - Body Fat And Other Hang Time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jarrett Jack - Body Fat And Other Hang Time

Arsenalist pointed out in his "We want Danny Granger" article this morning that Jack has lost some weight and looking really fit. No doubt that something like this is important for the success of the Raptors in 10-11.

Something else that may be just as important is Jack's "hang time" with "The Young Gunz". As I posted elsewhere this morning Jack flew, well I am guessing he flew and didn't drive or take the train, into Los Angeles to hang with DeRozan at DeMar's 21st birthday party.

Now this not the first time this summer that we have spotted Jack hanging with "The Young Gunz". We saw it in Las Vegas and also at the ACC.

Why do I mention this?

Clearly Jack and The Young Gunz are developing a very tight relationship off the court. This is really The more they get to know each other and like each other the better for team. There is no doubt that these four players are going to be an integral part of the Raptors success in 10-11. I like what I am seeing here with this.

On the other hand Bargnani is off somewhere in the EU playing hoops with players from many countries. This will no doubt help keep the EU strong and may even help the Euro Then there is Calderon, who is either not on the Spanish team for FIBA or maybe is now riding the bench behind Rubio Will this be enough to get a FIBA title for Spain next month? Not if JaVale McGee has anything to do with it.

JaVale who? Oh yea Pamela's kid. If Team U.S.A. has to rely on Pamela's kid for a FIBA gold or whatever they get for winning that tournament, they are in big trouble.

JaVale's mama can probably still whip his butt on the court.

So while Jack is spending the summer tightening his abs and his relationship with The Young Gunz, Bargnani and Calderon are helping strengthen EU relationships and the Euro.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

In support of trading Bargs and Jose

I adore what Brian Burke came in and did with the Leafs - gutted the team. For too long were the Leafs a group of talented but self indulgent and entitled bunch of whiners. Same should be said for the Bosh era of Raptors.

Colangelo has done a decent job of relieving us of some suspect characters - Moon, Graham, Bosh, Turk. Let's not stop there. Get rid of Bargs and Calderon for high picks.

Start fresh with the tight core we have. Jack, Weems, DeRozan, Johnson, Davis. We might not win much this year or next but will have developed exponentially.
    "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

Always been a big Jack fan....

I think he will surprise a lot of people this year...

I see him AB7 and Derozan as our top players this year with Amir being 4th...

My predicition would be:
      1. AB7
      2. DD
      3. JJ
      4. Amir
      5. Barbosa
      6. Jose (if he is not moved)
      7. Weems
      8. Klieza
      9. Ed Davis
      10. Anderson
      11. Marco
      12. Banks
      13. Evans
      14. Dorsey
      15. Alabi

Comment

Buddahfan, that is not a "We want Danny Granger" article, it's a "I can see Colangelo angling for Danny Granger using Jose Calderon".

Re: Jarrett Jack

He hasn't shown that he's qualified to be an NBA starter, at least not on a team with players who haven't yet proven that they can create their own shot. No matter how much better shape Jack is in, he still has a score-first mentality and is not a great passer which is what the Raptors need.

Jack is a good player and one that I definitely want on the Raptors, but we are extending him beyond his abilities by having him play big minutes at point.

Comment

Courtside wrote: View Post
          I adore what Brian Burke came in and did with the Leafs - gutted the team. For too long were the Leafs a group of talented but self indulgent and entitled bunch of whiners. Same should be said for the Bosh era of Raptors.

Colangelo has done a decent job of relieving us of some suspect characters - Moon, Graham, Bosh, Turk. Let's not stop there. Get rid of Bargs and Calderon for high picks.

Start fresh with the tight core we have. Jack, Weems, DeRozan, Johnson, Davis. We might not win much this year or next but will have developed exponentially.
          Ya trading away a 1st overall pick that isn't even in his prime yet for a high draft pick is a smart idea.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            Buddahfan, that is not a "We want Danny Granger" article, it's a "I can see Colangelo angling for Danny Granger using Jose Calderon".

He hasn't shown that he's qualified to be an NBA starter, at least not on a team with players who haven't yet proven that they can create their own shot. No matter how much better shape Jack is in, he still has a score-first mentality and is not a great passer which is what the Raptors need.

Jack is a good player and one that I definitely want on the Raptors, but we are extending him beyond his abilities by having him play big minutes at point.
            I thought that the phrase "makes sense" in your article title meant that you were for the trade. So maybe it is a communication problem in the title of the article. Based upon your response above maybe the title of the article could have been "Could Colangelo be dangling Calderon for Granger" Even though I doubt he would at least the title doesn't say that the trade "makes sense".

As far as Jack being a qualified starter in the NBA. I don't think t wrote that. I am not taking a position on that at this time. I want to see what happens in Nov and Dec first.

What I thought I wrote and I am sorry if I was not clear was.

1. Jack is spending a lot of time with The Young Gunz and this is a good thing to help the Raptos succeed in 10-11, however one defines what that means,

2. A short piece of morning sarcasm and I thought with some humor on Team USA, Calderon and Bargnani. Posters here should know that I am a Calderon fan though I can see why the Raptors might want to trade him. Saying that he may be a backup to Rubio on the Spanish national team is not a knock on Calderon especially when one considers that Rubio is still playing in Spain so he is the guy that is there year around while Calderon is the summer visitor as it were.

On top of that Rubio is a pretty fair PG in his own right and to tell the truth I would prefer him to Calderon.

I would trade Calderon for the rights to Rubio and whatever else the T-Wolves might want to throw in to balance the trade provided I knew that Rubio would be in a Raptors uniform next fall. I could live with Jack being the only qualified NBA PG on the Raptors, not saying starter at this point, for one year knowing Rubio is waiting in the wings. Especially when the core of the Raptors is so young.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Jack's relationship with the young guns was obvious even last season... remember derozan's ustream videos? it was always him, weems, jack, and amir on them

you dont hang out with your coworker's homes unless you really like them... i know.. i hang out with NONE of mine

i dont know if jack will improve much on the floor... but if demar, sonny, and amir all improve like we're all hopeful they will.. jack seems like an important type of glue guy you want playing point for the raps

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                Jack's relationship with the young guns was obvious even last season... remember derozan's ustream videos? it was always him, weems, jack, and amir on them

you dont hang out with your coworker's homes unless you really like them... i know.. i hang out with NONE of mine

i dont know if jack will improve much on the floor... but if demar, sonny, and amir all improve like we're all hopeful they will.. jack seems like an important type of glue guy you want playing point for the raps
                +1

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post

If Jack is not good enough, and they trade Jose, who will play at the point?

Comment

Sometimes in sports you make trade because you are winning a trade...For example if the Raptors traded Andrea for LBJ (which would never happen) we would have a huge hole at center but you still make the trade because you are getting LBJ...

Jose for Granger would be steal for the Raps even if it leaves the Raps a hole....

For those Crackheads or budahfans who don't get this simple concept its time to get a clue...

Comment

dn66 wrote: View Post
                      If Jack is not good enough, and they trade Jose, who will play at the point?
                      The question that is unanswered in my mind and maybe Arse's too is can Jack get the job done as a starter night in and night out at 33-35 mpg? He has played over 33 mpg twice in his career however both his scoring and assist numbers were lower than what I would like to see out of a Raptors starting PG for those many minutes. I could live with 12 pg if he was dishing out 10-12 dimes a game to go along with it. However, 12 ppg and 5 apg in 33 plus minutes for a PG are both low when they come from the same player in the same seasons.

In addition his WS/48 were .087 and .073 respectively in those two seasons. Below the league average of .100 and substantially below what you are looking for from your starting PG.

I would like to seem Jack start for at least a couple of months in 10-11 before rendering a decision on whether I think he should be starting or not. Maybe he does it or maybe he doesn't. Hopefully if given the opportunity he will come through like a champ.

But your question is a good one and goes to the heart of a big part of the reason why I am against trading Calderon at this point unless..... I think I have already given the exceptions in which I would be in favor of the Raptors trading him.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/.../jackja01.html

Comment

it is what it is wrote: View Post
                        Sometimes in sports you make trade because you are winning a trade...For example if the Raptors traded Andrea for LBJ (which would never happen) we would have a huge hole at center but you still make the trade because you are getting LBJ...

Jose for Granger would be steal for the Raps even if it leaves the Raps a hole....

For those Crackheads or budahfans who don't get this simple concept its time to get a clue...
                        Sorry to blow your bubble my friend

Comparing Bargnani for Lebron to Calderon for Granger is just plain out there somewhere in lah lah land period, straight up nuff said.

Of course you trade Bargnani and TPE or Reggie or whatever for Lebron. Geez.

Comment

you guys are all fucking retarded
                          It's about money

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Ya trading away a 1st overall pick that isn't even in his prime yet for a high draft pick is a smart idea.
                            I like Andrea but he will never live up to what, even unfairly, is expected of a first overall pick. If there are lingering questions after 4 years as to your potential, there is a good chance you will not be as great as people expected.

He is a great offensive threat but a tremdous liability on defence. Jose limitations on defence would be offset if he had strong defensive anchors at the PF and C position.
                            "Winning isn't every thing, it's the only thing."

Comment

philwill wrote: View Post
                              you guys are all fucking retarded
                              I think you are operating today in an alternate universe.

Comment

Working...
                              X