Amir Johnson's Unique NBA All Time Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Johnson's Unique NBA All Time Record

I did an advanced stats search on basketballreference.com based upon the following four criteria

All career numbers

1. Minutes equal to or greater than 3,000
    2. TS% (True Shooting Percentage) equal to or greater than .600
    3. eFG% (Effective Field Goal Percentage) equal to or greater than .600
    4. WS/48 (Win Shares per 48 Minutes) equal to or greater than .150

Got one result

Amir Johnson.

So right now he is the only player in the history of the NBA according to basketballreference.com to have played 3,000 or more career minutes, had a TS% and eFG% equal to or greater than .600 and a WS/48 equal to or greater than .150

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...order_by_asc=Y
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

That dosnt sound right, but im not sure...

Comment

All made up stats that don't reflect a player's ability on the floor, nice. Next you're going to throw out PER numbers at us.

/sarcasm

Comment

does that mean he will be the new franchise player?

haha i kid i kid i joke i joke
        No Dissrespect...
        With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

RAPTORS Republic Not AMIR Republic

Comment

On the other hand Johnson is one of only 14 players in NBA history who

1. Have played 3,000 or more minutes

and

2. Averaged 6.5 or more fouls per 36 minutes

Andrew DeClercq has the all time record of most minutes played while averaging 6.5 or more fouls per 36 mpg. He played almost 10,000 minutes in 587 games for 16.8 mpg over 10 years.

http://bit.ly/ai1rWZ

If you lower the career foul rate to 6.0 then you get 51 players who played over 3,000 career minutes with the infamous Alton Lister having the most minutes all time of all players who averaged at least 6.0 fouls per 36 mpg. Lister played for 17 seasons and averaged about 19.9 mpg for a total of 18,965 minutes.

So it seems to me that Johnson's worse case assuming no serious injury or injuries is about about 10 years and 16.8 mpg. Right now his career averages are 6.5 fouls per 36 minutes and 15.2 mpg.

So worse case he will be out of the league when his current contract with the Raptors expires. Possible if his foul rate doesn't improve or even gets worse

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...listeal01.html

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l=&order_by=ws

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...johnsam01.html
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

you must be board budda, you should spent a lil more time with the wife. appreciate the random knowledge though
              No Dissrespect...
              With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.. You hear me BC?

Comment

I lowered the criteria to 5.5 fouls per 36 minutes

There were 117 players in that list with Darryl Dawkins aka "Chocolate Thunder" probably being the best.

His career stats

Seasons----------14
                Games---------1,726
                Min per game---23.7
                PPG------------12.0
                RPG-------------6.1
                WS/48---------12.9
                Win Shares-----46.4
                Fouls per 36 Min-5.8

Johnson averaged 4.0 fouls per 36 min in his five starts in 09-10

If you lower the career number to 4.5 fouls per 36 minutes you get 399 players. There were some pretty good players in that list

Tom Heinsohn
                Vern Mikkelsen
                Tree Rollins
                James "Buddah" Edwards -
                Shawn Kemp
                Rik Smits
                Caldwell Jones

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...l=&order_by=ws

http://bit.ly/dpHm4l

Comment

More interesting NBA all time advanced stats

Query on Career

1. 3000 or more minutes
                  2. PER equal to or greater than 15.0
                  3. Offensive Rating equal to or greater than 120
                  4. Defensive Rating equal to or less than 105

Four players on the list

John Stockton
                  Magic Johnson
                  Chris Paul
                  Amir Johnson - Amir is the only big on the list though Magic did player center in one game as I recall

http://bit.ly/9fnx4j

Amir eats advanced stats. I just wish he would stop eating personal fouls

Comment

you should send all this info to John Hollinger and ask for his opinion. Does it increase his opinion of Amir or does it question his faith in advanced stats?
                    "They're going to have to rename the whole conference after us: Toronto Raptors 2014-2015 Northern Conference Champions" ~ ezzbee Dec. 2014

"I guess I got a little carried away there" ~ ezzbee Apr. 2015

"We only have one rule on this team. What is that rule? E.L.E. That's right's, E.L.E, and what does E.L.E. stand for? EVERYBODY LOVE EVERYBODY. Right there up on the wall, because this isn't just a basketball team, this is a lifestyle. ~ Jackie Moon

Comment

You can can use stats to prove anything. 78% of people know that.

Comment

Amir Johnson eats stats, both good and bad.

The guy is a stat machine

Most freakish thing I have ever seen in the NBA numbers world.

If you are into stats, which I obviously am along with some others, who would that be? then you got to like this guy whether he becomes a all-star or winds up as a bench energy player.

Comment

+1

Amir Johnson single-handedly dismisses the validity of PER. Now THAT would be a career accomplishment.
                          Last edited by DonCarlos; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 04:21 PM.

Comment

Double post.
                            Last edited by DonCarlos; Mon Aug 9, 2010, 04:21 PM. Reason: Double post.

Comment

DonCarlos wrote: View Post
                              +1

Amir Johnson singlehandedly dismisses the validity of PER. Now THAT would be a career accomplishment. :lol:
                              Its truly amazing what can happen when one eats advanced stats

Comment

Working...
                              X