Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Raptors Ranked Dead Last In Eastern Conference Standings

Hybrid View

Raptors Republic Rookie your mom's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Ranked Dead Last In Eastern Conference Standings

According to ESPN, Raptors are 15th in Eastern Conference in 10-11. In my opinion its hard to disagree. Thoughts?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/s...-EastStandings

Toronto Raptors: After the ugly departures of Chris Bosh and Hedo Turkoglu, the Raptors are basically starting over with a roster more random than designed. Given the significant dollars tied up in the likes of Jose Calderon, Andrea Bargnani, Leandro Barbosa and Amir Johnson, don't expect a lot of defense -- or a lot of wins anytime soon, either.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

That's not going to happens, and there is no way all those bad teams will have that many wins.

Raptors Republic All-Star Red and White's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

no man it looks like it very well could be a reality, the raptors always think they need to be a shooting team, it took a sophomore player to say "no, we are a run and gun team" they look a little lost, but i think the raptors have potential to surprise alot of people, though making the playoffs is a dream at this point

Post Thanks / Like

I think the Cavs are a lesser team. I think the Raptors will be the 13th or 14th team in the east.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I think the Cavs are a lesser team. I think the Raptors will be the 13th or 14th team in the east.
    You are probably hoping for better luck with this prognostication than you Orton one. heh?
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    You are probably hoping for better luck with this prognostication than you Orton one. heh?
    I can miss every now and then. You'll also note that when I get things right I feel no need to stroke my ego. It speaks for itself.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Based on current roster it may be hard to disagree. In the end who cares if you're 13th, 14th or 15th? Yeah, we suck but not as much as that other team - lol. Seriously though, do you think this is the roster we are going to start the season with? If it is, I'd be shocked.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree. I think Cavs are a lesser team followed by the Raptors.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default New York Knicks 8th seed?? why?

New York Knicks 8th seed?? why? Because of Amare and Felton...give me a break!!
    Ahh... this is because the biased American media wishing New York actually had a good team.

The top 6 teams in the ranking make sense.
    The only other thing that makes sense is that there will be very few
    wins of difference between 7th and 15th spot;

In my opinion the bottom 4 are Nets, Raptors , Knicks and Cavs;
    and I think the Raps will better than all these teams, so that' d make them the 11th seed;

Post Thanks / Like

Quote benitonicoya wrote: View Post
    New York Knicks 8th seed?? why? Because of Amare and Felton...give me a break!!
    Ahh... this is because the biased American media wishing New York actually had a good team.

The top 6 teams in the ranking make sense.
    The only other thing that makes sense is that there will be very few
    wins of difference between 7th and 15th spot;

In my opinion the bottom 4 are Nets, Raptors , Knicks and Cavs;
    and I think the Raps will better than all these teams, so that' d make them the 11th seed;
    They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.

Post Thanks / Like

They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors and have a far better coach. I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
    Yea but the also re-added Isaiah Thomas.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Post Thanks / Like

They also added Azubuike, Turiaf and Anthony Randolph... They're better than the Raptors [COLOR="rgb(0, 0, 0)"]and have a far better coach.[/COLOR] I think 8th seed is a legit prediction for them.
    Have a far better coach?

Triano was 40-42 in his first season as an NBA coach

D'Antoni baloney was 35 - 76 in his first two seasons. He was lucky that his first season was a short one

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...antomi01c.html

Post Thanks / Like

27 wins and the bottom of the conference what is this the west?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    27 wins and the bottom of the conference what is this the west?
    The west is actually moot this year - outside of Lakers, OKC, Portland or Utah, San Antonio pick the first 4-5 spots, any team in the West outside of Minnesota Timberwolves has a chance to make the playoffs due to the large exodus of stars from the West to the East in this years' free agency which has made the stronger Western Conference weak.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    The west is actually moot this year - outside of Lakers, OKC, Portland or Utah, San Antonio pick the first 4-5 spots, any team in the West outside of Minnesota Timberwolves has a chance to make the playoffs due to the large exodus of stars from the West to the East in this years' free agency which has made the stronger Western Conference weak.
    I would throw Denver, Houston, New Orleans and Phoenix in the mix of teams that should have a very good chance at making it. I think the balance of power is getting far more balanced but the West is still a tough place to play.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

I would throw Denver, Houston, New Orleans and Phoenix in the mix of teams that should have a very good chance at making it. I think the balance of power is getting far more balanced but the West is still a tough place to play.
    Denver still has the unresolved issue with Carmelo Anthony which may affect their season a la Bosh and LeBron James and George Karl's health issues, Houston still has the "Will Yao Ming recover fully from his knee issues" problems, New Orleans with the Chris Paul saga and Phoenix frontline is actually a joke now(Hedo at the 4? really? Hakeem Warrick filling in for Stoudemire? lol). My point is that the West is actually in a muddle after this years' free agency, when you are seeing teams like OKC and Portland(like their system of development but both need an additional year to be legitimate playoff threat especially for Portland) in the top 5 then the West has gotten weak.

Post Thanks / Like

Denver still has the unresolved issue with Carmelo Anthony which may affect their season a la Bosh and LeBron James and George Karl's health issues, Houston still has the "Will Yao Ming recover fully from his knee issues" problems, New Orleans with the Chris Paul saga and Phoenix frontline is actually a joke now(Hedo at the 4? really? Hakeem Warrick filling in for Stoudemire? lol). My point is that the West is actually in a muddle after this years' free agency, when you are seeing teams like OKC and Portland(like their system of development but both need an additional year to be legitimate playoff threat especially for Portland) in the top 5 then the West has gotten weak.
    The Raptors missed the playoffs because they weren't good enough. The Cavs won 61 games because of James' dominance and enough depth to compliment him. The Nuggets have a very good team, they'll show up. The Rocket don't need Yao to take a shot at 7th or 8th. New Orleans only did poorly last season because Paul missed half the year. I don't think there is a "Chris Paul saga". They're not trading him and he backed off. They have lots of talent. The Suns lost Amare but they've always been a team about ball movement and offense. They lose some defense and a lot of offense and rebounding with Amare out but I think they'll still score a lot of points. They added some good players elsewhere to help compensate the loss in a talent a little. I think they'll still be in the hunt for a spot as long as Steve Nash doesn't take a step back this season. I agree the west lost a step but they're still top dogs this season. The back end of the eastern playoffs is much more a crap shoot.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Exodus of stars...Who are you talking about other than Boozer and Amare? Two guys who are drastically overrated, primed for a major letdown season while simultaneously submarining thier teams chances of any success. Utah got significantly better letting Boozer leave and snagging Al Jefferson and while Phoenix has been running on fumes for a couple years now, the best non-decision they ever made was not inking Amare to a long term deal.

The west has nearly ever team vying for playoff spots because their entire conference got better over the off season, not worse. GS and Minny got worse and Denver and Phoenix made lateral moves, but everyone else has a shot at 50 games with Sacramento being a playoff dark horse.

It is going to take 50 wins minimum to get the 8th seed in the west where I see 38 wins getting the 8th seed. I think 2 and maybe even 3 teams in the East are going to make the playoffs with below .500 records. The East got bigger and more expensive, by no means did it get better.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote mo-sales wrote: View Post
    Exodus of stars...Who are you talking about other than Boozer and Amare? Two guys who are drastically overrated, primed for a major letdown season while simultaneously submarining thier teams chances of any success. Utah got significantly better letting Boozer leave and snagging Al Jefferson and while Phoenix has been running on fumes for a couple years now, the best non-decision they ever made was not inking Amare to a long term deal.

The west has nearly ever team vying for playoff spots because their entire conference got better over the off season, not worse. GS and Minny got worse and Denver and Phoenix made lateral moves, but everyone else has a shot at 50 games with Sacramento being a playoff dark horse.

It is going to take 50 wins minimum to get the 8th seed in the west where I see 38 wins getting the 8th seed. I think 2 and maybe even 3 teams in the East are going to make the playoffs with below .500 records. The East got bigger and more expensive, by no means did it get better.
    The West actually got weak. Yes, Boozer and Amare don't play excellent defense for their positions but if you are expecting Al Jefferson to start defending legit NBA players when we all know his defense sucks - it is probably asking too much of the guy and Hakeem filling in for Stoudemire? He might get more rebounds but he is not even half as offensively talented as Stoudemire even if Nash really upgraded his game. We all know that Stoudemire can play in the post and can make jumpers, what can we say about Hakeem Warrick? His athleticism is actually only what wows me which is useless in the last 5 minutes of the game when defenses tighten and don't even start me on Hedo playing the 4, that is a crazy joke right there.Lol.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a good thing the season hasn't started, otherwise we'd have real reason to worry!

Does anyone remember last season, when the Washington Wizards were competing for the fourth seed with Atlanta? No? Oh that's right, it was predicted but never happened. Let's leave the standings to wins and losses please.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information